How to pay back what you've stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm a builder of The Hobbit Hole and have been attacked several times. For some reason people notice that I'm a builder only when I complain and they always promise to return the money stolen. But nothing has been received.

So here is the procedure how to return stolen money to a town:

Send a telegram to the town founder of the town you want to return the money. In that telegram state that you want to return money and that's why you need an invite to the town.

You will get an invite and a telegram stating that the invite is for money return.

Tell on your town forum why you are leaving the town temporarily and ask for a reinvitation.

Walk to the town you want to return the money and once you're there join the town. Deposite the money into the town treasury and leave the town.

Now you can rejoin your original town.

Simple as that!

Topi

DeletedUser

???
Why would anyone return anything? No.

Make a list of all of them. When you're finished with building the town, respec to fort fighter and steal every single fort they own or are a part of. Trust me, you'll hurt them more that way than to accept 10$ back, and they'll start to think were those few bucks worth it. ;)

DeletedUser8675

???
Why would anyone return anything? No.

Make a list of all of them. When you're finished with building the town, respec to fort fighter and steal every single fort they own or are a part of. Trust me, you'll hurt them more that way than to accept 10$ back, and they'll start to think were those few bucks worth it. ;)

Not if they are a dueler. I honestly don't care, I'd rather be without bloody forts. More time spent dueling than having to defend those darn things. Fort fighting builds are kind of overrated too.
Be a dueler, KO them all the time.. that'll hurt them more. 1. They can't attend fort fights if they have no HP! and 2. they can't duel.

DeletedUser

I let their own town to reprimand them and that's always happened. They also have promised to return the money, but they haven't.

Our town charter says that we are a peacefull town. That's why I always try to negotiate. I don't mind if somebody gets experience by duelling me, but don't steal the money! Return it and I'm ok.

Topi

DeletedUser

LnL, overrated? Yea, right. You sleep 6 hours instead of 8, and you get mass of XP without a need for energy if you're a good fort fighter. And you steal forts. Instead of getting back some pocketchange, you steal the whole fort!

No HP because of duels... Get real. What duels are we talking about?
That's why quests with NPC duels exist. Unless a fort fighter forgets to KO himslef by dueling a quest NPC (yes, I'm often forgetting to do that, I admit!), you can forget dueling a fort fighter. Ever.

Linkala, I'm telling you, and not only you but all builders. For god's sake stop being passive already. Why are you forgeting things that easily? Let them pay with interest!
Make a list of all of them. You'll pwn them all in fort fights later. They can only forget duels and respec or delete the acc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16628

Well you can also ask a player such as myself to please take out some of these pillaging fools.I'm on a mission I'd be happy to do so.

DeletedUser8675

LnL, overrated? Yea, right. You sleep 6 hours instead of 8, and you get mass of XP without a need for energy if you're a good fort fighter. And you steal forts. Instead of getting back some pocketchange, you steal the whole fort!

No HP because of duels... Get real. What duels are we talking about?
That's why quests with NPC duels exist. Unless a fort fighter forgets to KO himslef by dueling a quest NPC (yes, I'm often forgetting to do that, I admit!), you can forget dueling a fort fighter. Ever.

Linkala, I'm telling you, and not only you but all builders. For god's sake stop being passive already. Why are you forgeting things that easily? Let them pay with interest!
Make a list of all of them. You'll pwn them all in fort fights later. They can only forget duels and respec or delete the acc.

I wasn't talking about forts in general being overrated. Fort battle BUILDS. Lots of people play them but only decent fort fighters are able to play them well. Though, with saucey's awesome guide you can make a pretty sick build :)

I rarely see fort fighters KO'ing themselves.. they just sleep a lot.
I was talking about a dueling build being better for revenge, rather than a fort battle build.. what of those guys don't have any forts? Lol.
Also, you can take all their forts anyway without having to have a fort battle build.. with hardly any skills in fort battling you can do VERY well in a battle.

DeletedUser

Um... What "builds" are we talking about? For god's sake he is a builder. He has already everything in STR, just needs to respec points from construction later to more health and leadership, and he rocks.
If you're trying to explain something to me... Perhaps you haven't read what I posted about forts before. Maybe if I quote myself you'll get the idea, and believe me, it is about fort fighting skills, but not about skills you had in mind nor about "builds":

So now when we talk about fort fighting skills, we actually don't talk about SP, AP or bonuses.
We talk about these skills:
1. movement - the skill you learn as an experienced fort fighter - where to hide, when to go in front, where to move and get the most benefit to your team
2. diplomacy - priority of movement is mainly based on your rank, so with a bit of diplomacy you can squeeze a captain rank from every general
3. damage you deal - this is why I can't stand 0 motivation duelists, their level stagnates, they can't equip a good fort fight weapon because of their level and the damage they deal is too low to be useful, which brings us to the point that this is a skill of quick levelup - will you level up on NPCduels, jobs, quests or something else, it's your choice, but please just do it.
4. damage you can receive without getting killed - this one is simple - it's just your health and if you didn't invest AP/SP into it, buy +HP items!
5. luck - you can have 98267398474 HP, you can receive a fort weapon specially designed for you that deals minimum of 1000 damage and you can still get unlucky and miss everyone or die in the first round. this is the only fort skill you can't change by any means and is the most important one in the current system.

Linkala, soon I'm expecting you to take what's rightfully yours. All forts those that attacked you currently hold. All. I'll help you, just send me an ingame note and don't worry. ;)

DeletedUser

Sorry that i'm a gentleman.

You cannot duel in the game unless you are a member of a town. Now, almosta all towns have a rule: Do Not Duel Builders.

I'm a Builder of The Hobbit Hole. I've been attacked (duelled) several times and everytime I've reported that to one of the town leaders where the attacker is from. Everytime I've been told that the attacker was reprimanded and is willing to pay back the stolen money, which btw. is part of the expences to build our town.

But no-one who has promised to bring back the money has done so. That's why I posted how to bring the money back.

The Hobbit Hole is small (5 members) town without any allies. I might be a little bit naïve, but I still think that people playing the game should keep their promises.

What would you do if you are a builder gathering money for building your town and somebody comes and steals your days earnings? Keep in mind that you don't have any duellers or soldiers to back you up.

I think that negotiation is best approach and if those fail then mayhap reporting the culprit town on this forum might get something happening.

DeletedUser22575

Well you can also ask a player such as myself to please take out some of these pillaging fools.I'm on a mission I'd be happy to do so.

What you talking about. You are one of those pillaging fools. :razz:

Sorry that i'm a gentleman.

You cannot duel in the game unless you are a member of a town. Now, almosta all towns have a rule: Do Not Duel Builders.

I'm a Builder of The Hobbit Hole. I've been attacked (duelled) several times and everytime I've reported that to one of the town leaders where the attacker is from. Everytime I've been told that the attacker was reprimanded and is willing to pay back the stolen money, which btw. is part of the expences to build our town.

But no-one who has promised to bring back the money has done so. That's why I posted how to bring the money back.

The Hobbit Hole is small (5 members) town without any allies. I might be a little bit naïve, but I still think that people playing the game should keep their promises.

What would you do if you are a builder gathering money for building your town and somebody comes and steals your days earnings? Keep in mind that you don't have any duellers or soldiers to back you up.

I think that negotiation is best approach and if those fail then mayhap reporting the culprit town on this forum might get something happening.

Your not going to get your money back. Posting here will not get your money back.

And no, most towns have no rule against dueling the builder, just the huggers wishing they did.

With no soldiers in your town to protect you or your town, your just easy victims.

DeletedUser

As soon as they agree, your town leaders should be sending the invite, without the attacker having to go through another step of asking for one. But I agree that I haven't seen it followed-through.

Another option that some suggest is they can unequip everything, cash on hand, and duel you (or your best fighter, or a friend). edit: however, this is classified as a "push duel" and is against the rules.

And try to make friends with some honorable duelers.

DeletedUser

Ya but only if they are 15 levels lower than yourself and not actual duelers.

DeletedUser8675

Um... What "builds" are we talking about? For god's sake he is a builder. He has already everything in STR, just needs to respec points from construction later to more health and leadership, and he rocks.
If you're trying to explain something to me... Perhaps you haven't read what I posted about forts before. Maybe if I quote myself you'll get the idea, and believe me, it is about fort fighting skills, but not about skills you had in mind nor about "builds":

Linkala, soon I'm expecting you to take what's rightfully yours. All forts those that attacked you currently hold. All. I'll help you, just send me an ingame note and don't worry. ;)

Joxer, you said for him to respec into a fort fighting build. I know he is a dang builder!! You said yourself "convert to a fort fighting build and take all their forts". Why? No need, just stay a builder and still steal all their forts..
And no, I don't stalk and read all your posts

DeletedUser

No, I said respec to fort fighter. Never mentioned a "build". ;)
If I did mean "build", then I'd post a link to saucey's guide on fort fighting builds. But why would I do that when I think different?

And of course he won't stay a builder and go into fort fights with SPs in construction.
If you've read what I posted about skills earlier, you'll see that I consider movement a skill and also damagetaking - that's why the builder should move construction points to HP and leadership. Where is aim and dodging you might ask. Nowhere. Worker class got sector bonus which adds more to aim/dodge than to any other class on walls/towers. Leave aim/dodging to other classes that don't get such bonus.
I've also said before, but won't search for that now, that in the fort fight I'd rather have 10 workers on my side than 10 zero motivation duelists.

DeletedUser

It's The West. Everybody is fair game.

If you don't want to lose money, use the bank.

DeletedUser1121

Another option is they can unequip everything, cash on hand, and duel you (or your best fighter, or a friend).

This is against the rules of the game.
They are called push duels.
If i were you, i would stay away from these tactics.

DeletedUser

This is against the rules of the game.
They are called push duels.
If i were you, i would stay away from these tactics.
I have a question on this matter Desi - if this is too off-topic then reply elsewhere - but as a mod you may be able to answer.
If s/o is getting attacked constantly and they want to ko themselves to get 48hours peace & quiet (to get to the ghost town for example), is it against the rules to duel an ally unequipped & with low health to knock yourself out? You're not doing it to push their points, although it could look that way.

DeletedUser1121

I don't know for sure if it is legal or not. I would have to ask some senior moderators.

But a common strategy is to KO yourself on a NPC duel from a quest like the art thief. (not the npc duels in the duel part, because they dont give the 48 hours)

DeletedUser

Eli, the problem with that strategy is that you still have to use energy. In my case, after a fort fight where I'm KOed, I still have to sleep till I get 12 energy and then go commit a suicide on someone.
Using a quest NPC is the best solution since it doesn't require energy at all.
However some NPCs are crap for that, for example wild horses thief NPC you will kill without any equpment. Also some NPCs give a reward you shouldn't skip (charlatan shoes in Ghost Town for example unless you already have those).
I suggest to use Dalton final NPC with rediculous reward till you get to The Murder final NPC and then keep that one unsolved till you get to the level 75 NPC duel.

Status
Not open for further replies.