How to defeat the pesky Thief.

DeletedUser

hey pplz, ive just defeated the thief after many-a-attemts n fails, and got him finally, and now, im posting the following setup, the 1 wat i used 2 defeat that pesky quest duel

for aim: aim at the thiefs dueling arm, aka, the left arm on the duel screen, for ALL turns.

for dodging:
1&5: lean right
2&6: lean left
3&7: lean left
4&8: lean right

i did this with a melee weapon (razor blade) with 5 aim and 5 dodging (2+3), 7 vigor, 3 reflex, 15 toughness (6+9), 12 appearance and 10 tactics

if it doesnt wrk, keep trying, i defeated the thief 32hp-53hp with these stats.

i hope this makes the thief alot more easier :)

DeletedUser

no probs, im just glad im helpin ppl stuk on that frustrating quest

DeletedUser

what is that quest ? bcuz im not getting yet that quest, but i think ur guide is useful ^^
wat if i got 11 aim, 20 shooting, 5 reflex, 5 dodging, 7 toughness, 12 appearance, and 0 tactics :|,
ah, and i got a little question, do dueler need tactics for duel ??

DeletedUser

Thanks

Yes that worked first time! I've been trying that quest for ages thinking I needed a mortician, but I don't yaaa! Now for the blue bandana :)

DeletedUser

what is that quest ? bcuz im not getting yet that quest, but i think ur guide is useful ^^
wat if i got 11 aim, 20 shooting, 5 reflex, 5 dodging, 7 toughness, 12 appearance, and 0 tactics :|,
ah, and i got a little question, do dueler need tactics for duel ??

Tactics is only used if your getting attacked. The higher it is, the higher your defence is.

DeletedUser

im glad this could help all of you on defeating that pesky thief, and ill tell you how to defeat any other quest duels in the future that are hard to defeat

if you've encountered a duel that just seems impossible, change your dodging to standing normally, as in your giving your attackee a free shot for all turns
(DANGER!!! low hp may get you killed! make sure your hp is at max before doing this!)

now, duel him/her, and look at were you were hit, if no. 1 is a head shot, crouch, if no.6 is a miss, look at no.2, and if both are misses, lean either left or right. if no .3 and 7 are shoulder shots to the left, lean right or crouch, you get the picture. (1 good way to dodge in time b4 the quest dueler hits you is to invest skill points into dodging)

rest and restore all hp from that last duel and duel 3 times, if 1 area is constantly being hit, you've probably put a dodge setting in the rong area, fix this, and duel again a couple more times, but make sure that duel wont be a death duel. if the area you changed still is being hit, try putting more skill points into dodging, or just equip some clothing that gives a dodging bonus.

now that the dodging is in place, try different aiming, and see if your hitting various areas constantly, if so,try find a pattern, if you cant see 1, keep dueling (making sure its not a death duel) and experimenting with the aiming settings, you should win in no time!

hope this helped with those 'impossible' duel quests :). like the saying goes: nothing, is impossible... ;)

DeletedUser

thanks!!!

thanks you so much! i could kiss you :) i finally defeated him, thanks to you!!!

DeletedUser

ya, it is.
may b i dont have good items ^^
but anyways i defeated him :p

DeletedUser

well, i knew so many ppl had trouble on that quest, so i decided 2 help evry1, and posted this thread :)

DeletedUser

Dinna work for me..he smoked my bags. Reckon I need some stat adjusting....:p

DeletedUser

Well since you like to post whenever you can, here is an opportunity...

What stats do YOU suggest?

DeletedUser1105

I dont know especially what stats you need to beat the quest duels, but I do think it plays a part.

Take the duel with Matthew for instance. I duelled him and lost. Then I went to my inventory and changed three items of clothing for ones that gave me stat upgrades for duelling.

Without changing my duel tactics, I challenged him again and won.

Now I'll admit, it may be a coincidence. However I don't think it was, I think my stat upgrades helped me win.

Therefore, you need the right stats to win.

Happy?