how much do labor points help?

DeletedUser

All I can find on labor points is that having more of them decreases danger and increases wages and lets me find better items. All of this is relative to the same job with lower labor points.

Does anyone have any idea about how much this is?

Im asking because I currently have a level 27 pure trapper. I can already steal horses and hunt grizzlies. These are about the top two jobs I'll be able to do for a long long time if I remain pure, if ever (I haven't checked yet to see if I can even reach any higher jobs).

Basically what I'm asking is should I keep pumping points into dex and setting traps, or is the advantage I'd gain from having say +200 for stealing horses negligible when compared to starting to pump all my points into mobility/hiding to eventually gain ambush and burglary to give myself a rotation of high paying jobs I can do in rotation without any of them getting extremely low moral?

DeletedUser

XP: no effect.

Cash: I think the effect is logarithmic. Roughly 100 LP = 1.5x 10 LP = 3x 1 LP. Very roughly. I've never seen a reliable formula, and that could be completely wrong.

Danger: negligible, once you have 10+ LP or so. It will continue to drop, but at 10 LP, you're safe doing any job, unless you have very low health from being dueled, injuries from other jobs, etc.

Luck: Similar to cash.

Products: No effect.

The other benefit of high LP is being able to change out of work clothes into your defensive dueling gear after the job is queued. You have to have at least 1 LP still, but the job results will use the starting LP before changing gear.

DeletedUser21892

XP: no effect.

Cash: I think the effect is logarithmic. Roughly 100 LP = 1.5x 10 LP = 3x 1 LP. Very roughly. I've never seen a reliable formula, and that could be completely wrong.

Danger: negligible, once you have 10+ LP or so. It will continue to drop, but at 10 LP, you're safe doing any job, unless you have very low health from being dueled, injuries from other jobs, etc.

Luck: Similar to cash.

Products: No effect.

The other benefit of high LP is being able to change out of work clothes into your defensive dueling gear after the job is queued. You have to have at least 1 LP still, but the job results will use the starting LP before changing gear.

I was looking for the answer for the exact same question and found this thread.
Since that was about 8 months ago - my question is whether we learned anything new since than or not. Is that formula as Elmyr described for cash and luck is still the best answer we have ?

For example - I can do construct manor house with ~100LP, and serving in the army with ~10LP. I am not sure which is better for me at this point with these numbers and trying to find a good answer. Right now I am simply doing both and trying to figure out which gives better results ...

Thanks

DeletedUser

It's definitely a curve, with heavy diminishing returns for high LP, but I don't think anyone has come up with a formula. The West Insider's cash formula is definitely wrong because the numbers are too high.

DeletedUser21892

It's definitely a curve, with heavy diminishing returns for high LP, but I don't think anyone has come up with a formula. The West Insider's cash formula is definitely wrong because the numbers are too high.

Thanks again for your reply !

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
The West Insider seems to think that LPs affect the cash output considerably at first, and then stops.

Bounty Hunter:
1 LP = $180
14 LP = $300
39 LP = $528
800 LP = $528

Might be just a calculation thing though.

DeletedUser

Apparently he changed the formula, because it used to give way too high results for cash. Wait, did you multiply by 2, or is it claiming $528 per hour? If you didn't multiply, it's still way too high.

DeletedUser

The game first determines what type of item will yield ( Gun, Shoes, Hats etc.); Labor Points has no effect on this. Once the item is selected, your LP is checked in determining if the item is Rare, Set, etc. The game rolls for Rare first, then Set, then varying qualities of normal items i.e. Sharp, or Dull.

The Higher your overall LP is, the higher your % chance of getting more coveted items...we're talking .2 - 5% Gains for every 50 LP though. So, the investment into LP beyond what is required to do the High Luck jobs is useless, and how much AP and SP can you throw around when your reaching the levels to robs trains, etc...

It's really poorly thought out when you think about it. Why be level 50 - 70 by the time you can find figaro's razor when you can be using Hernando's instead?

DeletedUser

Why be level 50 - 70 by the time you can find figaro's razor when you can be using Hernando's instead?

Well it's extremely difficult to find Piece of Note part 1 (I've got 0, I'm playing in 2 worlds, one character owns the old Santa Hat and the other owns Easter Egg so combined playing time must be 2.5-3 years) but you do make a good point if you take shop items into account.

However, named weapons offer one thing shop weapons (usually) don't - a bonus to certain attributes not avaliable otherwise. Huckleberry's Slingshot speeds up long distance travel and contributes valuable SP for some skills that are usually not prioritised by the player, Figaro's Razor increases Aim (fort battles) and helps with Grave Robber job and Waupee's hidden questline, etc.

DeletedUser

The game first determines what type of item will yield ( Gun, Shoes, Hats etc.); Labor Points has no effect on this. Once the item is selected, your LP is checked in determining if the item is Rare, Set, etc. The game rolls for Rare first, then Set, then varying qualities of normal items i.e. Sharp, or Dull.

The Higher your overall LP is, the higher your % chance of getting more coveted items...we're talking .2 - 5% Gains for every 50 LP though.

How do you know all that?

DeletedUser

The Higher your overall LP is, the higher your % chance of getting more coveted items...we're talking .2 - 5% Gains for every 50 LP though. So, the investment into LP beyond what is required to do the High Luck jobs is useless, and how much AP and SP can you throw around when your reaching the levels to robs trains, etc...

It's really poorly thought out when you think about it. Why be level 50 - 70 by the time you can find figaro's razor when you can be using Hernando's instead?

Unless you've seen the code, you're just guessing, and if you have seen the code, someone needs to be fired.

DeletedUser

How fruitful would disclosing anything be? I admit to nothing. However, I'm not guessing.

As for special items and note 1. I just saw something about the note's in a hernando's thread. Vitamin2002 said something that I've confidently believed in for some time and practiced here, and on the German servers. - If your searching for note # 1 and you already have # 2, sell it. This helps. - And back to labor. LP plays a huge roll in finding note #1.

DeletedUser

I think that LP affects on weights from 1 minimum , til 16 maximum.
About finding items, i think the more LP you have the better, but im not sure anymore, after working more than 10 hours with 95-100% motivation on selling guns to indians and stil getting only the golden figure...

DeletedUser

LP plays a huge roll in finding note #1.

Not in my experience it doesn't.

w1: Hernando's + extra note part 1
w2: Hernando's (destroyed) + extra note part 1
w3: Hernando's (may destroy) + extra note part 1
w4: Hernando's + 2 extra notes part 1
w5: note part 1, but I made a wrong decision
w7: Hernando's

I've found them with high LP on high luck jobs and low LP on low luck jobs.

If your searching for note # 1 and you already have # 2, sell it. This helps.

On w4 I found my most recent part 1 when I had thirty-something notes part 2. I had a part 2 every single time I found part 1.

A guess is not the same as a theory.

DeletedUser

On w4 I found my most recent part 1 when I had thirty-something notes part 2. I had a part 2 every single time I found part 1.

A guess is not the same as a theory.

That's real super Elmyr. After acquiring Hernando's on 9 I had 22 notes (part 2) left over.

On world 5 ( before my adventurer ) In the course of a week, I found part 2 three times, and I consistently sold them and on the same job, found note 1.

Who really knows?

DeletedUser

xlz9ud.png

I think it's obvious they do a lot...
I got this yesterday on my W2 .nl adventurer, without premium:

Transporting ammunition 64% luck with 200+ labour points - Ambush stagecoach 95% luck with 30+ labour points

But I still find this ridiculous. :sad: