How Long Until ...

Poker Alice

understand if you are busy @Vishnje just wondering what you meant by bs being stopped but whatever

@Nisa I know what you mean do we ride along with parrot's lol
but I tried to make a connection with the western United States in the early 1800's and James Madison' parrot. History records the 4th president left office in 1817 and then the Alabama territory came into existence. Start of the confederate states?

Joe Kidd

I'm from the southern United States; born and raised since the 70s (don't want to give away too much info). Let me make this plain: Every person I ever met that freely displayed the Confederate flag either on their person, on their vehicle, their place of abode or business was a racist inhuman person. Either that or was very naive and under the influence of said racist inhuman people on the verge of becoming one of them.

This game is not where I grew up, thankfully, and it's just a symbol with no real context outside of suggested "historical" background to the game without any geographical or social context.

It still bothers me when I see it or references to the Confederacy as I worry it will encourage some people, maybe from where I'm from, to be disgusting. So far though since 2009 I've never seen that happen here. If I'm not mistaken even one of the old avatars had the Stars and Bars on it.

mercenary.jpg

Vishnje

Hey at least there is one good thing about the OP set that has ruined the feature of fort fights in the game.

The union set crushes every other set there is in the game, now if inno introduced a say "confederacy set " which would overpower any other set and it was obvious that it's meaning would be they support that flag then I'd have something against it too.
download.png

I'm glad you named this thread "off topic" because it really is so.
Why does there have to be a topic about this subject in a game I still don't know, unless it is to create even more dividing between virtual people, like there isn't enough of it happening in the real world ...
We don't get enough of this when we turn on the TV every day, or when we read in online newspapers, but we have to deal with it on this platform too ? Give the people who just play this game to try and ignore what's going on on the outside a break please. I will stop discussing here ( maybe that password was lost for a good reason) because I am on the other side of the world(not U.S) like 80% of the people that play in .net server, and I don't feel competent for talking about this subject and sometimes I frankly don't really bother about it.

Poker Alice

@Joe Kidd I'm sorry a reference to the Confederacy bothers you based on your past experiences. I think I will agree with you that in a game the confederate symbol has little context and it now seems to me how someone feels about something is all relative to a persons past experience @Vishnje I'm grateful you had the time to express what you meant by "bs".

asdf124

Yes, really. I say that it is something else and completely unacceptable to design a game where a player would have a role of a slave owner. if in this game we'd have a job on the map called "catch runaway slaves" for example, or a quest that would require you to buy/sell them, or to have them in your inventory. unacceptable. do I need to own or manage a game to call it unacceptable? no, but I can refuse to play it if it was designed like this. and I am sure a game like this would generate a lot of "great" publicity for the company.

as far as I know - nothing, I don't think there's any list of forbidden names. it's up to other players to report such names and for moderators to ban accounts. just as if you'd create a character named Adolf Hitler, for example, use offensive images for your town flag, or name a town in an offensive way.. been there, done that, got the towns renamed and people banned.

common sense of other players will stop him. their free will will stop him.
Hitler is a forbidden name, even anything that resembles it can be banned. Heck, if someone wanted to name themselves as Saddam Hussein, I wouldn't care. Isn't it like a German law not to do the nazi salute or nazism anyways?

Free isn't really true, we are technically free to some extent. We are free unless we break a law or a rule and, we need to pay a tribute for such "freedom".

I'm from the southern United States; born and raised since the 70s (don't want to give away too much info). Let me make this plain: Every person I ever met that freely displayed the Confederate flag either on their person, on their vehicle, their place of abode or business was a racist inhuman person. Either that or was very naive and under the influence of said racist inhuman people on the verge of becoming one of them.

This game is not where I grew up, thankfully, and it's just a symbol with no real context outside of suggested "historical" background to the game without any geographical or social context.

It still bothers me when I see it or references to the Confederacy as I worry it will encourage some people, maybe from where I'm from, to be disgusting. So far though since 2009 I've never seen that happen here. If I'm not mistaken even one of the old avatars had the Stars and Bars on it.

View attachment 2139

Unfortunately, I have heard someone who was so hurt that demanded muslim people to be banned from the game. Eventually he quit due to not being taken seriously. I just think that person probably lost so much in 9/11, but that's just me giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

Joe Kidd

Unfortunately, I have heard someone who was so hurt that demanded muslim people to be banned from the game. Eventually he quit due to not being taken seriously. I just think that person probably lost so much in 9/11, but that's just me giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I want to go on record here to say conflating my point with why someone playing the game might be anti-Muslim because of 9/11 is so outrageously off-base that I really can't fathom why you'd find those two things to be remotely analogous. Unless of course you were trying to be condescending, so I guess I'll leave it at that.

Pankreas PorFavor

why are we censoring something that happened?

I'm not sure this is the correct interpretation of what's happening

surely its better to learn from mistakes rather then fool ourselves and pretend it never existed?

I don't think anyone wants to pretend it never existed. the problem is that to "learn from mistakes" people first need to admit they were mistakes, we're still stuck on that step.

Joe Kidd

thats cool @Joe Kidd
But tbh I couln't care less, history is history, when I was small we were in a Reccesion (2000s) and in about 2006 one of my close family members died due to high cost of healthcare in my State. I could easily say "Ban all references to Recession, ban the word Recession, ban the word Global, ban the word Crisis, ban the word money etc etc" but where does it stop? once you open this machine fo shutting things down and censoring things, it just doesn't stop, because everything is related to something. The answer is to keep everything and to Learn from our mistakes. If something like that really upsets you, I suggest you see a doctor and seek counseling because its not our issue, and the entire game shouldnt be re-written because of a minor problem faced by a individual with a big mouth. In other words, go seek help and stop crapposting.

@Shotgun-Glenn
Take a hard look around the United States right now. A lot of people are extremely upset about the racial tensions occurring. You are seriously tone deaf, mate. Also, you have terrible reading comprehension. Go back in this thread and quote me where I say to remove anything from the game (Here's a hint: you won't be able to do that).

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Kidd

@Shotgun-Glenn
Again you are tone deaf in the extreme and you are not addressing that. Additionally, you are not actually reading my posts, but I'll try again.

Austin, huh? One of the most youthful cities in the country demographically. It's a great town (been there on several occasions) and definitely not an example of the Deep South in any respect. 9 months in Texas you say? Right, that correlates equally to 40+ years of experience in any situation. How about Eufala, Alabama; Easley, South Carolina; Elijay, Georgia; or Tampa. Florida, ever been to any of those places? I doubt it.

All lives are not priceless, if black lives are not. Right now in the United States, black lives are not of the same value as whites. Again, you are tone deaf.

Oh, you want anecdotes! Well they are all ugly but here's one of my favorite: I took my girlfriend to see B.B. King when he came to town in the 90s. It was an amazing show! We left and bumped into an acquaintance and his girlfriend at the time at a restaurant. She was wearing her jacket that, big shocker, had a Stars and Bars patch on it. My friend inquired, "So, what did y'all do tonight?". "Oh we saw B.B. King at the performance hall!" I said. Without missing a breath; not a beat, his girlfriend replied " You actually paid to see a n****r?" Stunned for a moment i looked at him and then her as she snarled. We got up and left without at word. Then I laughed because that was just typical. That's the kind of thing I experienced day in and day out for decades, mate. You want to call that a sob story? Be my guest mate, I have dozens more to tell.

You truly are clueless and have no idea what you are talking about. So you my friend need to shut up with your moronic baseless perceptions of what life was like in the South and the United States in general since you clearly live in some vapid bubble type of existence. Truly pathetic.

P.S. Nice try there fishing for my political stance/allegiance. You failed.

Pankreas PorFavor

there are slave owners in the game

12th year here, still didn't meet one. care to be more specific?

but I'm not sure if we "free the slaves" or "receive free slaves"

repair fences
dig for rare gemstones
pick indigo
free slaves
etc.

we don't repair the fences, pick the indigo or dig for the rare gemstones.
if you don't notice the pattern in job names, and if you're still not sure, then keep focusing on the job in the screenshot and let us know when you receive free slaves

Pankreas PorFavor

but if we are freeing the slaves that means there are slave masters clearly, or what are we freeing them from?

ok, got it. I see what kind of conversation this is supposed to be.
the part in my post you underlined and bolded - "it's not like we're playing slave owners here" - that's about a job on the map. we're playing the slave owners by having a job to free slaves. I suppose we also play as bears and turkeys because there are hunting jobs available. wonderful logic.

ah, if only I had time to participate in this discussion more, I'm sure many interesting insights into this game and the world surrounding us would come out of it. unfortunately, I don't, so I think Mr. Cumberbatch has a message for you too... enjoy!
:roll::no:

Poker Alice

Looking up at the last few comments on this page - - - What the hell is it if it isn't a roll-playing-game? Let me check on what it says in the games description! Wait for it! What don't have time? Then go do something else then turkey.

Okay, the description got checked. Yes, that is what the game is described as. The west is being described as a role playing game. Duh! Who would have thought!

Seems the question in this entire thread is about here and there in the game, there are little bits of historical references to slavery. Should these references stay or should they be removed. Actually the original question was put not as should it be removed but when will it be removed.

The answer might be on my primary hard drive or it could be on my secondary hard drive. Wait I think on my mature cumputer it might be labeled master and slave drive. I'll check when I have time.

Pankreas PorFavor

I underlined that part to draw people's attention to it so they didn't have to read the entire post, but you were talking about various controversial issues claiming they aren't in the game when in fact they are.

this conversation could continue if you were able to find where I claimed this. but that's not going to happen - because I didn't. you're making it up.
or, as I already wrote above: not being able to play a role of a slave owner (which I claimed) is not the same as not having any references to slavery whatsoever (which is what you claim that I wrote). try to understand the difference. because I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

You're the one now focused on points irrelevant to the discussion. Slavery is portrayed in the game as is the confederacy, and rightfully so.

"this is based on the wild west and US history, so I guess the confederation flag has a place in it." - I wrote this right in front of the part you underlined, how did you manage to miss it? or you willfully ignored it? this is not how you have a discussion, this is how people stand up and walk away from the table because it's useless to try to talk to you.

Are you going to start campaigning against schools for teaching students about their nation's history too?

yes, that's exactly what I meant when I wrote "best if they delete it all from the history books too. it's offensive! [/sarcasm off]"
you missed that too, or just like to make things up and invent false accusations?

you remind me too much abut someone. miss-quoting, word-twisting, making things up... as someone so eloquently put - bs.
I wonder if it's all a coincidence? :no: in any case, not worth my time. but nice to have it here for future reference.

asdf124

was wandering when cancel culture would becoming to video games also,sorry to hurt peoples feeling but no matter what you do ,you can not erase history like america is doing.
Cancel culture was always there, do you even remember how you used to unfriend people? :D

Hint: No, it was never by a button on facebook! Always was personal.

Deleted User - 1278415

First thread Ive read here in 5 years and it is about cancel culture.

maybe we should make the flagged blurred to keep red and white blob.

DeletedUser33353

First thread Ive read here in 5 years and it is about cancel culture.

maybe we should make the flagged blurred to keep red and white blob.
Nope. Perhaps the cancelling peeps should collectively take a long walk off a short pier. A better result imo.

Deleted User - 3853873

I deleted my above posts because its not worth my time.. those who do this much harm and eat the same culture that nurtured and educated them are extremely misguided and.. its just not worth it

@willimjack

I agree.. and I liked your post.. plus I dueled you :p

you did more damage to me but somehow I got a sneaky KO In at round 6..
Just proves that you can lose a battle and win a war (and vice versa)

lol that is ok after 10 years never being in trouble and getting banned for saying i support trump in chat in no longer play this game.after i was trying so hard to get coins for the weapons and no chance after being banned for 10 point.I stick with my american games where free speech is alowed

DeletedUser15368

lol that is ok after 10 years never being in trouble and getting banned for saying i support trump in chat in no longer play this game.after i was trying so hard to get coins for the weapons and no chance after being banned for 10 point.I stick with my american games where free speech is alowed

Hahahahahahahahaha
Sure buddy, I'd love to see the, one can only assume from your self-declared hate-cult membership, hatefully racist redneck comments that got you banned.
Obviously I'm not american, but do Trumps supporters/cult have the self awareness to see the entire world looking at them in absolute shame?

Politics is usually about someone wanting to raise taxes on the people who can afford it, to properly fund the health service and education systems- ya know, stuff like that.
Your Hate-Cult is about keeping the Latinos and the Muslim refugees out of a country founded on immigration and refugees from the British Empire, and keeping Blacks subjugated and oppressed so the police can continue with their budgets larger than most nations's armed forces, and cops making more money per year than doctors, with less training than a coastguard, all under the context of a pure Populist Cult of Personality from a blundering idiot of a reality TV star who's never actually run a successful business and got all his money from daddy, and we're all pretty sure Putin has a video of a 12 year old Russian girl urinating on him, as blackmail is literally the only rational way to explain his behaviour towards Russia.

I understand wanting to smash your completely broken, corrupt, two-party-but-they-are-just-the-same political system, and maybe in a way Trump is how you do that, just smash the entire country up with your proud boys.

DeletedUser33353

Hahahahahahahahaha
Sure buddy, I'd love to see the, one can only assume from your self-declared hate-cult membership, hatefully racist redneck comments that got you banned.
Obviously I'm not american, but do Trumps supporters/cult have the self awareness to see the entire world looking at them in absolute shame?

Politics is usually about someone wanting to raise taxes on the people who can afford it, to properly fund the health service and education systems- ya know, stuff like that.
Your Hate-Cult is about keeping the Latinos and the Muslim refugees out of a country founded on immigration and refugees from the British Empire, and keeping Blacks subjugated and oppressed so the police can continue with their budgets larger than most nations's armed forces, and cops making more money per year than doctors, with less training than a coastguard, all under the context of a pure Populist Cult of Personality from a blundering idiot of a reality TV star who's never actually run a successful business and got all his money from daddy, and we're all pretty sure Putin has a video of a 12 year old Russian girl urinating on him, as blackmail is literally the only rational way to explain his behaviour towards Russia.

I understand wanting to smash your completely broken, corrupt, two-party-but-they-are-just-the-same political system, and maybe in a way Trump is how you do that, just smash the entire country up with your proud boys.

You usually have some game insight that I like to think on lulu, but on this?
You are misinformed. Perhaps stick to the things that you have more than a passing breeze of knowledge on in the future.