How Long Until ...

asdf124

Its the quest feature when you accept a quest. Just find the right quest and either finish it or cancel it.

Pankreas PorFavor

Its the quest feature when you accept a quest. Just find the right quest and either finish it or cancel it.

I think he is talking about confederate flag being removed, as this symbol is removed from, for example, Mississippi state flag and a lot of other places.
But, as this game is based on a specific period in history, and it reflects the then-current state, I wouldn't see this as a valid complaint. It would be like requesting the removal of a Nazi flag or symbols from a game placed in a WW2 period.

DeletedUser34084

It would be like requesting the removal of a Nazi flag or symbols from a game placed in a WW2 period.
...which has happened before in the gaming industry. I believe it was Treyarch (one of the Call of Duty developers) gave up on using Swastikas in their games (Call of Duty World War 2 had no Swastikas f.ex) - they also renamed their mod "Nazi Zombies" to just "Zombies".

Also this game is not really a historically accurate one (seeing how idiotic all the items added in the past 5 years are, like cats/dogs for "riding" animals or lightsabers), so I suppose if enough people will cry about it then they'll have to change it :p

Joe Kidd

Also there are several more references to the Confederacy in the game besides the "Work as an Ambassador" job. Also Germany isn't really experiencing much of the turmoil on this issue as the United States. The player contingency from the U.S. is certainly a low percentage as well. So unless some fervent SJW comes in here and pushes Inno hard enough to care, then this is a non-issue.

Now, if some social media uproar campaign crops up to cancel Innogames over it, they'll remove all references to the Confederacy.

Poker Alice

It's historically accurate? If the game took place in more modern times instead of a hourse I'd be ridin in a 69 charger.

DeletedUser15368

I must admit it would be difficult to set a game during the American Civil War without mentioning the confederacy, Perhaps if it was mentioned more often that this "rebellion" over a states rights to own human lives only lasted for 4 years (perhaps with that it's reason to say the good guys won and the confederacy can be removed from existence), less time than this game has existed for, and that it was a disgustingly shameful period in the lives of those soldiers... But as mentioned before we have long abandoned any sense of reality or historical accuracy.

The flag isn't particularly offensive to me, nor is the nazi flag, assuming a historical context, however they are symbols of hate and white supremacy, so i'd happily never see one again. Although both are far too common in the modern American media during white supremacy marches (often supported by the police), get a bloody grip Yanks, the entire world is watching in shock and disgust at your crumbling empire, and the modern context the flag is used for is the reason the OP considered it strange that it existed in a game in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

...which has happened before in the gaming industry. I believe it was Treyarch (one of the Call of Duty developers) gave up on using Swastikas in their games (Call of Duty World War 2 had no Swastikas f.ex) - they also renamed their mod "Nazi Zombies" to just "Zombies".

well, everyone is free to do what they like with their product, and we're free to play their games or not. imho, this is just plain stupid. ok, don't have nazis and swastikas, but then don't say the game is related to WW2.

Also this game is not really a historically accurate one

I don't expect historical accuracy from games, movies, novels, cartoons... this is based on the wild west and US history, so I guess the confederation flag has a place in it. it's not like we're playing slave owners here, that would be something else and totally unacceptable.

I suppose if enough people will cry about it then they'll have to change it :p

I suppose so... best if they delete it all from the history books too. it's offensive! [/sarcasm off]

Poker Alice

I don't expect historical accuracy from games, movies, novels, cartoons... this is based on the wild west and US history, so I guess the confederation flag has a place in it. it's not like we're playing slave owners here, that would be something else and totally unacceptable.
Says who?

If you want control over a game then make one and manage it. You say that is something else? Really?

What is stopping someone from selecting a name like ...

Joshua John Ward, of Georgetown County, South Carolina, was the largest American slaveholder, dubbed "the king of the rice planters". In 1850 he held 1,092 slaves; Ward was the largest slaveholder in the United States during his lifetime. In 1860 his heirs (his estate) held 1,130 or 1,131 slaves.

So Mr Ward registers a town in the western game and an alliance for fort competitions. He runs his town and the alliance like the following.

He dictates that everyone must actively fort fight, pick berries, duel when instructed etc whatever he decides or he kicks them out. In chats he calls his town members or newbies his slaves and attempts to rule over his alliance for world domination. - like anything like this has never happened lol

Who is going to stop him? You?

Pankreas PorFavor

Says who?

If you want control over a game then make one and manage it. You say that is something else? Really?

Yes, really. I say that it is something else and completely unacceptable to design a game where a player would have a role of a slave owner. if in this game we'd have a job on the map called "catch runaway slaves" for example, or a quest that would require you to buy/sell them, or to have them in your inventory. unacceptable. do I need to own or manage a game to call it unacceptable? no, but I can refuse to play it if it was designed like this. and I am sure a game like this would generate a lot of "great" publicity for the company.

What is stopping someone from selecting a name like ...

Joshua John Ward,

as far as I know - nothing, I don't think there's any list of forbidden names. it's up to other players to report such names and for moderators to ban accounts. just as if you'd create a character named Adolf Hitler, for example, use offensive images for your town flag, or name a town in an offensive way.. been there, done that, got the towns renamed and people banned.

So Mr Ward registers a town in the western game and an alliance for fort competitions. He runs his town and the alliance like the following.

He dictates that everyone must actively fort fight, pick berries, duel when instructed etc whatever he decides or he kicks them out. In chats he calls his town members or newbies his slaves and attempts to rule over his alliance for world domination. - like anything like this has never happened lol

Who is going to stop him? You?

common sense of other players will stop him. their free will will stop him. you think someone like this would be able to attract a serious number of people to his alliance? he's not coming to your house with a gun to force you to do any of these things. if he is - call the police, they'll stop him, I hope.
if not, there are myriads of other towns, alliances, worlds to choose from. alliances need leaders, not slave owners. if hundreds of players follow someone, this person must be doing something good. maybe your perception is distorted for some reason...?
hey - why don't you stop him? judging by your words, it looks like getting to the top of a large group of people that will listen to your orders is as easy as snapping your fingers! but, instead of calling them noobs and telling them what to do, you will give them compliments and let them do what they please, only asking politely form time to time if they would like to do something together, like a fort fight or whatever. or not, it's your alliance, do as you please. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would stay with Mr Ward?
in so many years playing this game, I don't remember ever being forced by other players to do anything. want to be a part of a group? you need to give if you want to receive. cooperation is the key. we're a dueling town - want to be in this town and enjoy the privileges - contribute. want to be in our FFing alliance - contribute. want to be a leech and only take, take, take? then bye-bye. abuse, insults and similar? they should not be a part of this game, and there is a reporting system that you can use if someone acts like this.

now, with all that being said, it's obvious that you're trying to pick a fight. again. it could either be because you failed to understand a few simple sentences I wrote (which is really bad), or you did understand, but you try on purpose to construct a nonsense story from it (which is worse). in any case, I have no desire to feed your need for attention in any way, you'll have to find someone else.

tumblr_n429xx7uwQ1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Poker Alice

now, with all that being said, it's obvious that you're trying to pick a fight. again. it could either be because you failed to understand a few simple sentences I wrote (which is really bad), or you did understand, but you try on purpose to construct a nonsense story from it (which is worse). in any case, I have no desire to feed your need for attention in any way, you'll have to find someone else.

:mad:I am not as you wrote trying to pick a fight. However we do have a short history in this forum and from the beginning none of it has been very good. I blame you for that. From the beginning you have accused me of attempting to be insulting but the fact is I've always attempted to make my comments based more on the context of the topic, not like you have done focused on personal attacks!

I attempted to be reasonable with you but you continue to insult and I have had enough of it.

Take your stupid bye bye picture on your comment and stuff it. If you don't want to write on this forum then don't. I don't really care what you think. I can write on this forum the same as any other member. :mad:

Now back on topic:

The flag isn't particularly offensive to me, nor is the nazi flag, assuming a historical context, however they are symbols of hate and white supremacy, so i'd happily never see one again.

Should a confederate flag be included inside a game? I don't see any valid reason it shouldn't be. If so should also the term "master of the west" title be removed? Where is the line drawn? I have observed aggressive self centered players. It might be true that it is common online anywhere in games. I'm not sure. However some players are very controlling and want things to be only their way. Writing that however does not suggest that every player has this kind of disposition.

television.jpg

A television program (1985) was reported as improper and to be removed from the air only because the car had a confederate flag on the roof. I liked the program didn't associate the flag to anything offensive at all, the statement it made in that context was nothing more than those good ole boys are from the south.

I'll make my own judgement's but want to resist getting into the kind of discussions that attempt to tell a company what they are to do or threaten to leave. If a company asked for my opinion I might give it but other than that my only desire is to write on topic and that's it.

Poker Alice

that, btw. is how not trying to pick a fight looks like
prove it

In my humble opinion, the purpose of using quotes is to bring a point of attention to something which was previously written on the thread. It isn't anything personal and quoting certainly isn't always a personal attack. I suppose if someone were to suggest that a quote is attacking what has been previous written in the thread that could be true. I think quotes actually serve to keep the thread on topic.

Just because someone displays a confederate symbol doesn't mean it is automatically suggestive of something which is abusive.

Vishnje

oh yeah? really? says who? are you going to stop me? ;)
that, btw. is how not trying to pick a fight looks like according to some forum members here. ahhh, made me chuckle a bit at least :lol:

I don't know mate , it's been a pretty damn while since I last logged in here (I accidentally typed in the right password today), I thought my account here has been deleted long time ago when they cleaned up, but I gotta say I enjoy your posts in ingame forums (Arizona forums,you probably know what I'm talking about) , your threads contain facts and common sense all over them, glad to see you don't let bs go through on this forum too.

Nisa

Also this game is not really a historically accurate one (seeing how idiotic all the items added in the past 5 years are, like cats/dogs for "riding" animals or lightsabers), so I suppose if enough people will cry about it then they'll have to change it :p

I have suggested a parrot as raiding animal for Pirate event..and keg of rum as product, YAARR HARR HARR :D They thanked me for a good laugh that lasted for a week lol but No, thanks no ;) the idea didn't fit the game . Nowadays game is far from original idea so I agree with what you said.

Vishnje

We have a parrot and a cage now from last event ? I love it , even learned him to talk when I'm busy.

@Alice I will tell the parrot to elaborate for me but he said he's busy too.