How Long Until ...

Pankreas PorFavor

Its the quest feature when you accept a quest. Just find the right quest and either finish it or cancel it.
I think he is talking about confederate flag being removed, as this symbol is removed from, for example, Mississippi state flag and a lot of other places.
But, as this game is based on a specific period in history, and it reflects the then-current state, I wouldn't see this as a valid complaint. It would be like requesting the removal of a Nazi flag or symbols from a game placed in a WW2 period.

xShteff

It would be like requesting the removal of a Nazi flag or symbols from a game placed in a WW2 period.
...which has happened before in the gaming industry. I believe it was Treyarch (one of the Call of Duty developers) gave up on using Swastikas in their games (Call of Duty World War 2 had no Swastikas f.ex) - they also renamed their mod "Nazi Zombies" to just "Zombies".

Also this game is not really a historically accurate one (seeing how idiotic all the items added in the past 5 years are, like cats/dogs for "riding" animals or lightsabers), so I suppose if enough people will cry about it then they'll have to change it :p

Joe Kidd

Also there are several more references to the Confederacy in the game besides the "Work as an Ambassador" job. Also Germany isn't really experiencing much of the turmoil on this issue as the United States. The player contingency from the U.S. is certainly a low percentage as well. So unless some fervent SJW comes in here and pushes Inno hard enough to care, then this is a non-issue.

Now, if some social media uproar campaign crops up to cancel Innogames over it, they'll remove all references to the Confederacy.

lulumcnoob

I must admit it would be difficult to set a game during the American Civil War without mentioning the confederacy, Perhaps if it was mentioned more often that this "rebellion" over a states rights to own human lives only lasted for 4 years (perhaps with that it's reason to say the good guys won and the confederacy can be removed from existence), less time than this game has existed for, and that it was a disgustingly shameful period in the lives of those soldiers... But as mentioned before we have long abandoned any sense of reality or historical accuracy.

The flag isn't particularly offensive to me, nor is the nazi flag, assuming a historical context, however they are symbols of hate and white supremacy, so i'd happily never see one again. Although both are far too common in the modern American media during white supremacy marches (often supported by the police), get a bloody grip Yanks, the entire world is watching in shock and disgust at your crumbling empire, and the modern context the flag is used for is the reason the OP considered it strange that it existed in a game in the first place.

Last edited:

Pankreas PorFavor

...which has happened before in the gaming industry. I believe it was Treyarch (one of the Call of Duty developers) gave up on using Swastikas in their games (Call of Duty World War 2 had no Swastikas f.ex) - they also renamed their mod "Nazi Zombies" to just "Zombies".
well, everyone is free to do what they like with their product, and we're free to play their games or not. imho, this is just plain stupid. ok, don't have nazis and swastikas, but then don't say the game is related to WW2.

Also this game is not really a historically accurate one
I don't expect historical accuracy from games, movies, novels, cartoons... this is based on the wild west and US history, so I guess the confederation flag has a place in it. it's not like we're playing slave owners here, that would be something else and totally unacceptable.

I suppose if enough people will cry about it then they'll have to change it :p
I suppose so... best if they delete it all from the history books too. it's offensive! [/sarcasm off]