how does the game play out in later stages?

DeletedUser

i mean...what kind of strategy will towns use later in the game? can they be taken over or destroyed? can anyone relate or compare how towns etc work with another game like TW or something?

if duelers rape high lvl construction workers...how does that affect things? i just want to get more info on how the game mechanics work late stages. if im gonna play this i dont want to spend months working toward a mistake that could have been avoided had i known the basics of the game

DeletedUser

Yeah, would be really good to know what happens if, for example, building level are maxed in town. Then all we can do is duelling, or there are other possibilities?

DeletedUser

well theres something about shootouts
Shoot-out weapons

shoot-out weapons are bows and rifles. They can give attribute and skill advantages. Each weapon has a damage range. That number gives the range of health points that the enemy will lose if you score a hit. The gunsmith sells dueling weapons. Right now shoot-outs and the shoot-out weapons are still disabled.

^ taken from the help section

maybie this will be used later on, towns taking over towns? full scale wars? who knows.

DeletedUser

if you cant take over a town, what is the point of the whole game? i hope that taking-overs will be doable later IG....

DeletedUser

*sigh* Damn no one knows about the west sheesh. In the west it was all about train robbing cattle ranching and gold mining. Never about taking towns I mean you would end up pissing a lot of people off that way ahah.

DeletedUser

Just would be interesting to know, will there be any use of players who are not duellers in late stages of game?

DeletedUser

Whats the point of any online game ? THERE IS NO POINT ! Its just a game, made for you to have fun and spend time. Its not single player campaign where you have goal, its just work, upgrade, fight, do quest and the most important HAVE FUN ;)

DeletedUser

yes but like i have said on a thread before in the past there are gamers who will want to achieve something.

building the town atm is fun because you have all that work to put in to make you're city it's the same as the sims.

that working together and working and shooting each other til ya eyes pop out is fun but it's to achieve the building of the town.

once the town is fully built people will only want to do something else if they feel like they are getting somewhere

WOW there is always secret or extra dungeons at the end to explore harder people to kill patches same as diablo alltho you could spend all the time getting runes to buy you're super uber items
even eve online quoted by yahtzee as the space aged rpg for nerds with big brains and corperate *******s (i played eve online for a few years loved it personally but i agree gameplay was made good or bad depending on the people you played with not the gameplay)

but they would bring out newer ships bigger ones kept you building and mining to get the bigger stuff

long story short once people build towns to the full they need something to aim forsomething to keep um busy lol something at the end of a long winding road to reach

DeletedUser

yes but like i have said on a thread before in the past there are gamers who will want to achieve something.

building the town atm is fun because you have all that work to put in to make you're city it's the same as the sims.

that working together and working and shooting each other til ya eyes pop out is fun but it's to achieve the building of the town.

once the town is fully built people will only want to do something else if they feel like they are getting somewhere

WOW there is always secret or extra dungeons at the end to explore harder people to kill patches same as diablo alltho you could spend all the time getting runes to buy you're super uber items
even eve online quoted by yahtzee as the space aged rpg for nerds with big brains and corperate *******s (i played eve online for a few years loved it personally but i agree gameplay was made good or bad depending on the people you played with not the gameplay)

but they would bring out newer ships bigger ones kept you building and mining to get the bigger stuff

long story short once people build towns to the full they need something to aim forsomething to keep um busy lol something at the end of a long winding road to reach

QFT

Yeah, that was actually what I wanted to know - will there be anything else to keep us busy, apart of duelling :)

DeletedUser

The better quests come much later and the better weapons later still...I see a very long playability.

DeletedUser2676

Well the T-W team is planning a "war between 2 towns" option or so it says on the help section in german :p....I suppose this is going to end up something similar to TW.

DeletedUser

Yes well that's one reson I went off TW, cos you just end up doing too much. But I guess when your lvl 10 residence gets full you'll want to take over another town? split like a family tribe, become open to attack...

It'll be nice to see the shoot outs, that is unless all our banks collapse before its enabled!:eek: