How do you gain labor points?

• Thread starter Dr. Frankenstein
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hi,

Sorry I don't have the answer, I just wanted to add my query to the thread. Just how do you get more labor points?

I have a quest to pick beans, but I don't have enough labor points and I have kept working doing other things like picking tobacco to get money and hopefully more labor points, but so far I haven't gotten any more.

Thanks to anyone that can help myself and Dr. Frankenstein.

highcountry2

DeletedUser

I'm in the same situation except I have to hand out newspapers called "The Western Star".

DeletedUser

The work you do earns you experience points. When you reach a certain number of experience points, you go up a level. With each level, you gain 1 Attribute point and 3 Skill points to allocate wherever you want. You allocate these by clicking on "Skills".

Jobs use 5 skills, which vary from job to job, and have a difficulty represented by a number. When the value of your skills for a job becomes higher than the value of the difficulty, then you can do it.

If you want to know how many more experience points you need to go up a level, on the top left of your screen there is a yellow bar with a star next to it. Mouseover to see the exact numbers. Or click on "Character" because it is listed there too.

DeletedUser

So when I go up a level I get labor points? If so how many do I get?

DeletedUser

Okay. You really need to read things properly. I already wrote that in my first reply. Also, that information is told to you in the training quests that you are doing and in the Help section in the game (that is the Question Mark symbol on the bottom right) which Tunk kindly gave you a link to.

I recommend that you always check the Help section and search the forums for answers before asking your question. If you don't, you are fairly likely to get some snippy replies.

Cheers,
Vi

DeletedUser

Sorry Violette there seesm to be some confusion here - I only seem to earn 3% of an experience point for a task and labor points are completely separate to that and are not used to get skills.

Is that right? I seem to be doing loads of small tasks and getting no rewards for it which I guess the other guys were in the same boat

DeletedUser

I really don't get your question and Vi is no longer on the forums. You may want to check out the Newbie Guide linked in my sig, particularly the Jobs section which is linked on the first page.

DeletedUser

You get Labor Points by adding up all the skills required for a particular job and subtracting its difficulty. The remaining value are your Labor Points.

Simply put: Total of 5 Skills - Difficulty = Labor Points

Thus to get more Labor Points for a job, you need more Skills and Attributes. These are aquired by gaining new levels (1 Attribute and 3 Skill points per level) OR by purchasing weapons/clothing to add certain Skills/Attributes, thus raising Labor Points.

It takes time to gain a level, especially the higher you get.