How Do I Prevent Duels?

DeletedUser

Some, for lack of a better word that won't be censored, jerk, dueled me and of course (me being a lowly builder and him a...I think a soldier?) I lost. Luckily I have put all my money towards my town so he got zilch out of the BS fight.

So, how do I prevent myself from getting into duels? Like, how do I turn them off? I don't want to duel but I can see jerks like him are gonna be a problem in the future. His class really should be "bandit" since in reality he is trying to steal my money unfairly.

Another thing, if this isn't preventable by turning off an option, why the hell isn't it? This crap is a real game killer if you ask me. :mad:

DeletedUser

You can't "turn off" them, sorry. That's the way how to play the game.

DeletedUser

You can't "turn off" them, sorry. That's the way how to play the game.

Well then thats absolute crap. :mad:

I shouldn't have to be freaken K.O'd or have my money stolen just because I am a low level and got freaken ambused by a guy a much higher level than me.

I think you should rather be able to accept or decline duels seeing as you could do so IRL.

Still think thats utter BS. :mad:

DeletedUser

if you really dont want to be dueled dont be in a town

once again, I also find that BS. How the hell am I supposed to build up my town if I don't belong to one? The whole dueling system sucks. :mad:

DeletedUser

Maybe its the other way around, you suck at dueling.

Well no dip Sherlock I'm a freaking builder! Not a soldier! I wasn't meant to duel but oooooh noooo can't have that or the duelers can't make money by robbing people!

Plain and simple you know your wrongs here. You just don't wanna give up the sense of superiority of the pleasure you get out of robbing someone of their cash or preventing them for doing crap they wanna do by gamley ganking the ****e out of someone 10 levels below you.

I Am A Dueler
:madg:
Any Posts Against Duelers Will Be Punished By Me

In other words you have a total bias for duelers thus your comments should be disregarded.​

DeletedUser

There are multiple ways to play this game. One way is to be a pure builder, like you are, and put points only into construction requirements. Another way to play this game is to be a dueler. Isn't it unfair to the dueler that you are able to do some pretty good XP and $ jobs while upgrading your town for better items.

DeletedUser

I haven't noticed any money coming in from building, and the experience isn't much better. I think the argument that builders make so much money and get so much experience and duelers can only duel is getting old.

If you want money and experience, get skills that help with decent jobs. If you want to be a pure builder, put what money you do get into the treasury and dueling won't matter. If you want experience (and maybe money) from dueling, challenge people of higher levels so us wimps won't have anything to complain about! If you don't want to duel and aren't a pure builder, don't join a town.

DeletedUser

You shouldn't be taking this so seriously. It's a facet of the game that you will not be able to avoid as you have chosen a class of character that is synonymous with being in a town.

Whether you like it or not, you will have to get used to being dueled and the only way to take advantage is to advance your skills in a defensive way. Imagine getting free money and XP by successfully defending yourself against those that attack you. It can be quite rewarding.

DeletedUser

Atermus, they are not talking about getting good money/xp building the town (the xp is lousy{48% is the highest possible, and because of the town hall, you'll probably never see over 40%}, and you pay money), they are complaining that a single skill build can usually get to some nice paying/exp jobs fairly quickly (In Construction's case, Carving Claims {31% cash, plus $16 product} and Building RailRoad Stations {over 40% exp, I think maybe 46 or 48} come up before you reach level 15). Of course, they could always try making a dueler by single skilling "shooting"....

Myself, my only real complaint with the old "green horn- no dueling" plan was the fact that, at some point, they could TURN DUELING BACK on. If they had just made it permanant after level 15 or so {because you can't choose a class until level 10}, it would have worked it's way out. With no trading allowed, it didn't particularly bother me that some people had a lot of money, and could buy all the best gear. And of course, if everyone HAD ended up choosing green horn as a class, that would obviously mean there is something wrong with the current dueling methods.

DeletedUser

I know that's what people mean when they say that, but I'm bored and frustrated because I still can't do quests I got several levels ago because I can't do the jobs yet. We do all make choices for ourselves. I chose to have some defenses at the expense of pure building skills, but I sometimes wonder how smart it was.

DeletedUser

Here I go making another dumb post.

Isaristh, you have only been dueled twice that I can find. Here is your current dueling record from w5.

85429Isaristh0 0 2-2Mystoria

Thats not bad. In a top town towards the start of the world builders get duelded 6 or more times a day.

Here are my duel records from W3 and W4 where I am a pure builder:

W3

5667Slyvester nule95 3 80 -77Perditions Dawn

W4

5747Slyvester nule105 4 91 -87Builders Needed

Its a fact of the game that pure builders are easy marks. You either accept that or you don't.

Okay just read your rant in the other section. Are you the "angry German kid" on that famous youtube video?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3773

W5 - 177, 4, 12, -8, the creek (being in a powerful empire also increases duels)
W3 - 110, 1, 14, -13, Teeswater
W1 - 53, 1, 6, -5, Abandon Hope Empire (being in a powerful town helps reduce duels)

But you complain about being 0-2

O and Dueler do fall opon hard times when they have dueled so much that their duel rank is 20 lvls higher than their actual lvl so they are dueling players with far more skill points and access to much better gear. Maybe you will stop complaining when you reach this lvl.

There are pluses AND minuses to EVERY decision in this game. Get over it

DeletedUser

You guys do make me feel a little better about my lousy skills.

world 1 - 1808 33 27 6 Watertown

DeletedUser5192

Thats why this game is a community game. In a town you got duellers and builders. If builders get attacked the duellers make sure that dude stays knocked out so he learns the lesson.

Also a builder hardly gets knocked out as he got very high LP due to the natual skilling. So he looses some money but he makes a ****load of money if he knows what he is doing.

As I play duellers, adventurers and builders I can tell you that the duellers are the least desirable chars in the game. They are fun for a while but get boring very quick.

DeletedUser

Always carry no cash, sleep in the hotel when you are not doing anything else, make sure you wear the best weapon you possibly can, and always switch your aim targets and dodges after every duel. Eventually duelers will give up when they see it is getting them nowhere, and the stubborn ones will eventually give up because for all their pride and morals of trying to kill you they will forget and use that as their excuse to stop. Frustration to the point of making them always have to make the next move is the key to overpowering anyone's will...

Codeguru

DeletedUser

Well no dip Sherlock I'm a freaking builder! Not a soldier! I wasn't meant to duel but oooooh noooo can't have that or the duelers can't make money by robbing people!

Plain and simple you know your wrongs here. You just don't wanna give up the sense of superiority of the pleasure you get out of robbing someone of their cash or preventing them for doing crap they wanna do by gamley ganking the ****e out of someone 10 levels below you.

In other words you have a total bias for duelers thus your comments should be disregarded.[/center]

Dude. Chill and play the game. I, too, am a worker. I have won a few duels. I've gone out and dueled to get money to build my town, and won. I've lost, too. It's not that big an issue. If you keep your money in the bank!