HotNSexy's Guide to Dueling Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

If they have 100% movation, they will have atleast 5 exp
About the Golden Buffalo, it give 18 offensive and 18 defensive( including hp)

DeletedUser

I'd have to include blue and black shawl for attacking as a ranged dueler.

Plus sometimes depending on your build those extra points of the golden buffalo (reflex, toughness, arn't always of use.

I also shift my gear around to take on different types of duelers.. but thats just me.

Nice guide though, it'll certainly help players out.

DeletedUser

nice guide hot..

However as you have to shift ur clothing depending on the opposing player.

- Personally prefer the black coat over the fancy coat -- if only duelling is taken into consideration.

black coat - 17 shooting, 18 tactics,2 appearance, 2 aim
Fancy coat - 17 shooting, 18 tactics,1 appearance, 1 aim

For defense i would use the charlaton's bonus of the fancy bow tie and the elixir..

DeletedUser

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll edit the first post later.

I will include HP, I guess I was just lazy. Spent 4 hours working out the skill distributions, so just didn't feel like doing HP.

I didn't even think about the mexican bandana since I don't have it, so thanks to everyone who suggested it, but personally i'd pick brown shawl over that every time when attacking.

I'll add the black coat to the items, i just left it out for some reason. and the blue/black shawls for the range duelers. And put in the walking stick for the range dueler build.

Any suggestions for other topics I could cover?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I updated the first post with skill distribution scenarios for level 50 and level 20 so a wider range of players can gauge where they should be and don't have to do the math, added some gear to the list, and also I decided to remove the gear bonuses from the level 70 scenarios so players can see what their "base" stats should be at. Therefore, I am not adding HP since you can just figure that out from the Attribute Points you have. I don't put Skill Points into Health Points, so i'm not sure how to include HP into the percentages. Melee duelers shouldn't need to put any SP into HP, while Range Duelers can probably get HP from gear.

and this 15000 character limit per post is not cool. I'm going to have to start a second post...

DeletedUser

you could break the level 50 and level 20 onto the second post.. and post a link in the original post to the second post.

to beat resistance duelers..

it is important to remember that mostly all resistance duelers are melee, which would mean aim would be on a lower level..
counteracting could be high dodging/appearance while attacking and tactics.. i think ag3352 had proved it in a post sometime back abt the effectiveness of a high dodging/appearance built..

DeletedUser

I moved the FAQ's to another post so I could put more stuff into the first one.

This thread's gonna get cleaned up, so the FAQ's will be Post #2.

DeletedUser

you guys have to consider that with buffalo if you arent a resistance or semi resistance duelers those toughness and reflex points dont help at all, so for most people its really just 3 aim 3 dodgng and 3 of shooting/vigor and 3 appearence/tactics in one duel so thats only 12 points for most people, and for no dodge resistance the 3 dodge wont help that much.

and hotnsexy, for ranged resistance youve got to admit the those brown spiked are awesome (not to mentio their price), fancy riding isnt that helpful for rage, and for defence on melee id pick spiked, but riding is very good too.

and also for resistance on offence there is the fancy leather jacket is very useful to, if you are attacking a meleer or doing a tougness job but dont want to be completely vunerable.

if you couldnt tell im a very strong advocate of those brown leather boots, and i really think they deserve at least a sidenote mention, and other than this i agree very much with the est of the guide

DeletedUser

u think there is much range resistant???
brown boots is great for both melee and range defense

DeletedUser

you guys have to consider that with buffalo if you arent a resistance or semi resistance duelers those toughness and reflex points dont help at all, so for most people its really just 3 aim 3 dodgng and 3 of shooting/vigor and 3 appearence/tactics in one duel so thats only 12 points for most people, and for no dodge resistance the 3 dodge wont help that much.

exactly. not sure what the big deal is. Golden buffalo is just something people have and can be used for anything.

and hotnsexy, for ranged resistance youve got to admit the those brown spiked are awesome (not to mentio their price), fancy riding isnt that helpful for rage, and for defence on melee id pick spiked, but riding is very good too.

There aren't many range resistance duelers out there. It's not a popular build.
No one's saying brown spiked shoes are bad. But because range resistance is so rare, i'm not putting them onto the list.
As for using them for melee resistance duelers, I don't recommend it.

brown spiked shoes: 9 reflex 9 toughness
vs.
fancy riding boots: 12 vigor 2 toughness 2 reflex, 8 aim

Sure lower level resistance duelers should buy the brown spiked shoes and use them, I did for a week or two. But once you get the fancy riding boots, stick with those. You'll need the aim/vigor.

and Fancy Riding Boots are not for any range dueler, not sure what you were trying to say with that bit...

and also for resistance on offence there is the fancy leather jacket is very useful to, if you are attacking a meleer or doing a tougness job but dont want to be completely vunerable.

Fancy Dress Coat all the way. This guide doesn't look at jobs. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that no ones wears a fancy leather jacket to go duel someone.

DeletedUser

i see know that brown arent up there cause ranged resistance isnt a popular build, but that doesnt mean it isnt a viable one. on world 6 i still cant afford fancy riding boots and when i finaly can ill only be wearing it for attacking, and keep my brown spiked for defence. i see your points i just still believe in my brown spiked boots, its nice to be able to have a bit of debate about something too, without it being arguing.

and about the fancy leather jacket your probably right, although if i had the extra money for one id wear it if i were attacking a melee non resistance dueler, but i guess thats a bit too niche.

DeletedUser

% Distribution:
Attribute Points
80% Strength
20% Mobility

Skill Points
5% Vigor
30% Toughness
40% Reflex
25% Aim

Resistance Formula: Toughness + .5 Reflex (Against Melee); Reflex + .5 Toughness (Against Range)

Case Scenario: Level 70
70 AP = 56 Strength, 14 Mobility
210 SP = 10-11 Vigor, 63 Toughness, 84 Reflex, 52-53 Aim

TOTAL
66-67 Vigor
119 Toughness
98 Reflex
52-53 Aim

Very enteratining HOTNSEXY!
:eek:hmy: WOW

Question!
You said, 66-67 Vigor...would that be not very low if the resistance duelers want to attack other duelers with 170 shooting? They can lose right?

Does that mean the resistance melee dueler is only defense dueler?
since I know many gun soliders who can defend with tactics and attack at the same time with their high shooting.

What did I miss?

DeletedUser

My question thou,

how can they win while attacking?
since they have very low vigor?? low damage in that sense!

DeletedUser

well, as Hot said, there is 2 way to win over a resistant and it is: have shooting/vigor atleast 2x your lvl or bump your dodging as much as possible
-> it's hard

DeletedUser

:nowink:
You still did not get my point. I am asking if Resistance duelers like HotNsexy can ever win while attacking others players with high tactics or reflex/toughness. Since he said, they only got 60-70 vigor plus some clothing ...which wont affect others a lot if they have high tactics or reflex (as ranger players).

DeletedUser

:nowink:
You still did not get my point. I am asking if Resistance duelers like HotNsexy can ever win while attacking others players with high tactics or reflex/toughness. Since he said, they only got 60-70 vigor plus some clothing ...which wont affect others a lot if they have high tactics or reflex (as ranger players).

reflex tougness works on offence too, and tactics doesnt lower damage. if you face someone with high tactics and decent shooting, youll still likely hit them about 2 times wich should be enogh to win. if you face a resistance aim heads and hope they arent, then you have a chance at that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.