Horseball Cup - Discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser26820

As per Da Twista's last post, we'll be dropped into the event server as a level 60 greenhorn with $4000.

Will we be completely naked, no gear?
Will we be allowed to select a character class are all we all greenhorns for this event?
As we're L60, will there be 60 ap's and 180 sp's to allocate to our toon?
Are we able to craft?

Regarding a match:
Is there a time limit? From start to first pass to second pass to goal town must be completed in what time?
If not done so in the time limit, does the defensive team get any point?

On defense, can all 4-5 team members be on defense, or is this strictly a three versus three match?

I know... impatient questions...

Be patient? Asking these questions 4 days ago with no reply or response is.....????

Patient?

I think so....

fortfighter1

Now you know why i am giving out. I am away the second half of July for 5 days and as a start date and and end date have not been set in concrete yet for this tournament, it would not be fair on any team i join if i was offline for a week during it.

DeletedUser37788

Inno likes doing these kind of tournaments, but they have no idea how to actually do them.

This should have been prepared around 2 months ago, and we should have been given the rules, and all that.

DeletedUser26820

If this is going to roll into the 3-day weekend of July 4th here in the States, what accommodations might there be for that?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, fortfighter1.
Sorry to see you drop out but completely understood.
An event advertisement with no event.... ahem.

DeletedUser36192

So.... like when is this meant to start? And i still don't wholly understand the concept of this game lol

DeletedUser8627

Thank you to all those who have entered.

We are busy preparing the world now and sorting out characters. Unfortunately this event was given to us to run with very short notice and we are busy sorting out as much as we can in the time given.

The tournament will start on Wednesday the 22nd June.

DeletedUser26820

From the in-game support ticket I received:

"Just to recap on the objective for this event:

A team leaves from your own town and must go score at back at your own town.
Each player must equip the ball and he must then go to the first goal town (first rendez-vous point fixed between team members) and pass the ball to the second member of his team (by selling it on the market). 2nd players goes to the second goal town to meet the third player (they exchange the ball via the market also). The third player must then go towards their own town where the 4th player awaits to buy the ball.
If during the travel the team has been attacked (duelled) less than 2 times when a team member was wearing the ball they score, if 2 times or more they don't score.
The game keeps going taking the reverse road as many times as the participants want to win more points.

For the opponent team the goal will be to try and intercept the ball by attacking the players wearing the ball (duel with fist only, weapons not allowed). You can choose to attack or defend and switch strategy any time you like.
At the end of the event, we will count the points of teams and declare the winner."

Now I'm more confused than I was yesterday :)

But I'm trying to make sense of it...
Are there 3 or 4 offensive players required?

The way I interpreted it is that:

Offensive Toon 1 would start at the Team's home town with the ball.
He then travels to rendezvous Town A where Offensive Toon 2 is waiting for him to purchase and catch the ball via market transfer.

Does Offensive Toon 2 also have to start off in the home town, thereby running with Offensive Toon 1, or can he already be in Town A???

At this point, Offensive Toon 2 starts running to rendezvous Town B where he will meet and market transfer the ball to Offensive Toon 3.

Can Offensive Toon 1 now head back to the home town to be the 4th offensive player referenced above, or does there have to be a 4th Offensive Toon?

At this point, Offensive Toon 3 leaves rendezvous Town B and heads back to the home town where he then has to market pass the ball to another team mate.

Correct? And again, does this last transfer half to be to a 4th Offensive Toon, or can it be to Offensive Toon 1, or is this 3rd transfer necessary as Offensive Toon 3 is now safely back in his home town's hotel and can't be dueled?

If the Offensive Team accomplishes this without being dueled, OR WITHOUT LOSING A DUEL???, to the Defensive Team, the Offensive Team gets 1 point for that match???

To understand Defense:

They're trying to duel the Offensive Team.
Do they just have to have 2 completed dueling reports, regardless of win or lose, of the Offensive Toon with the ball, or does the Defense have to win duels for them to be a successful duels??

If no duels then 2 points for offense and 0 points for defense?
If one duel then 1 point for offense and 1 point for defense?
If two duels then 0 points for offense and 2 points for defense?

Just trying to wrap my small brain around it before it kicks off.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26820

Too sleepy to read all, Deiben, but from the thread in the Western Star:

https://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=57045

Excellent observation, Pnevma.
Is an "interception" by the Defense a winning duel or just a dueling report, win or lose?
I'd like to think it's a winning duel by the defense for it to count as an interception.
Duel me and lose, you didn't intercept the ball from me.

DeletedUser8627

Your main objective in this tournament is to score as many points as possible. And there are only two ways you can do this (Note: The order in which a ball holder must travel is from his/her town to either Goal 1 or Goal 2 town. In does not matter which is done first as long as both towns are passed before heading back to your own town to score a point):

1. Getting the ball from your own town through both Goal towns and then back to your own town without being duelled twice and losing both duels from a specific team. Note, the ball must swap hands at each town you arrive at using the market and posting the reports here on the forum.
  2. Intercepting a ball holder in the form of a duel and winning the duel. This needs to be completed twice by the same team. If team 1 and team 3 duel team 2 and team 2 lost both duels, team 2 is still able to score a point by arriving back at his own town. Only once team 1 or team 3 win another duel against the ball holder of team 2 does it count as a point.
  3. It is up to you how you want to score points. You can do both or you can just duel or just do ball runs.
When you arrive on the world, you will notice that there are 5 balls on the market. The player who has been chosen to be the first ball holder to do the first run may only purchase ONE ball that has been placed on his market (Look for the one where travel time indicates 0:00). Each time is allowed only ONE ball. Do not purchase the balls from your opposing teams as you will have points deducted.

Each team consists of 4 - 5 players. With a strategy you can score multiple points in one run. For example, Team 1's ball holder is traveling to Goal 1 town, there must be another team 1 player able to take the ball from him at town Goal 1 so he can travel to Goal town 2. While this is happening, the other players in team 1 can start duelling ball holders from other teams to try and gain extra points. If a ball holder is duelled by the same team twice and lost both duels - he will need to travel back to his own town and place the ball on the market. He may not take the ball again, another team member needs to purchase the ball off the market and do the run.

• Any player holding the ball may not duel another player while he has the ball in his possession. If he does have the ball, it must be equipped at all times until it is placed on the market.
  • All players must duel with fists only. No weapons are to be equipped during this event.
  • All players are level 60. They have 60 AP and 180 SP to distribute when they log into the world.
  • A player may not KO himself in a job to quicken travel time.
  • KO protection has been removed from this event. If you are KOed, you will not be placed in KO protection.
  • Only premium services that are available are those found are More energy, Higher Income, Character Bonus and Automation.
  • When you arrive in the world, you may choose your class and profession.
  • You may do jobs, you may craft if you like.
Players caught breaking any of the event rules will have points deducted. If you find a player in violation of an event rule, you need to take a screenshot and post it in your forum thread you created.

DeletedUser37897

Hi Twista,

I cannot find Special forum to post my transactions and duels after the event. Pls help to instruct how to post them with thanks.

LB from Briscoe/ Inglorious - Horseball.

DeletedUser37897

Thank you for your help guys and ladies,

I realised the event ended, the world closed so i cannot post my transactions and intercepts. Believe Mod can check and help me.

DeletedUser26820

Any idea when we'll get our prizes, or VIP?

No kidding, Dub....
The suspense of seeing an official posting that I got spanked by your Combat Wombats is just killing me :laugh:

PS: Don't say anything to Nisa, but I'd like to know also.....