Feedback Holiday Speed 2022 (premium-free)

WhyN0t

I don't play on this speed, but I have a qustion. How does this extra damage in duel works? I see people dealing over 2k damage with a +0 weapon at a modest lvl (~160). It seems more like 120% extra damage, not only 20%/50%. Can someone explain? Or these old formulas fails here?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I don't play on this speed, but I have a qustion. How does this extra damage in duel works? I see people dealing over 2k damage with a +0 weapon at a modest lvl (~160). It seems more like 120% extra damage, not only 20%/50%. Can someone explain? Or these old formulas fails here?
I don’t actually know but I believe it’s 1.5x the damage you’d do without the bonus (so the bonus damage from a sharpening stone is also multiplied)

WhyN0t

Yeah, it's the same thing, multiplication is distributive. 1.5 * weapon damage + 1.5 * sharpening stone damage = 1.5 * (weapon damage+sharpening stone damage)... The damage is still too high.

L00nat33k

Well i think it adds 120% to vigor and shooting, as i tried to deffend dueler with 1000 shooting with 1200 reflex and 1200 toughness and got hit hard every time.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Well i think it adds 120% to vigor and shooting, as i tried to deffend dueler with 1000 shooting with 1200 reflex and 1200 toughness and got hit hard every time.
Perhaps the 1.5x multiplier comes after the resistance effect is applied?
Yeah, it's the same thing, multiplication is distributive. 1.5 * weapon damage + 1.5 * sharpening stone damage = 1.5 * (weapon damage+sharpening stone damage)... The damage is still too high.
the difference would be if the multiplier is applied as a multiplier as opposed to summed with other multipliers

1.5 X (resistance_effect X (weapon damage+sharpening stone damage))
Vs
(1.5+resistance_effect) X (weapon damage+sharpening stone damage))

So, say
1.5*.5*(100+100) = 150
Vs
(1.5-.5)*(100+100) = 200

Vagabonden

@mnnielsen

Effective immediately, ‘no show digs’ and ‘excessive digs’ will not be tolerated. If you fail to attend a battle that you dug, dig 4 battles in any 24h period, or dig an additional battle when 7 battles are already scheduled Or ongoing, the digs will be canceled (no ticket necessary) and you will be banned temporarily or permanently at the discretion of The Team.

"If you fail to attend a battle that you dug,"

What if i break my knee and gotta go to the hospital?
What if i lose my internet? Power? phone? computer breaks down?
What if my whole family dies?
What if putin fires of an atombomb?

What if?

WhyN0t

Perhaps the 1.5x multiplier comes after the resistance effect is applied?
I don't know what resistance are you reffering to. If you are talking about toughness/reflex, then you have 1.75 multiplier to your weapon (+buff) damage. I don't understand the formulas you presented. Shouldn't be 1.5*1.75 *(weapon damage+sharpening stone)? 1.75 being the highest multipllier for damage. And it still doesn't make sense, soldiers hit almost as hard as duelist from what I have seen.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
@mnnielsen

Effective immediately, ‘no show digs’ and ‘excessive digs’ will not be tolerated. If you fail to attend a battle that you dug, dig 4 battles in any 24h period, or dig an additional battle when 7 battles are already scheduled Or ongoing, the digs will be canceled (no ticket necessary) and you will be banned temporarily or permanently at the discretion of The Team.

"If you fail to attend a battle that you dug,"

What if i break my knee and gotta go to the hospital?
What if i lose my internet? Power? phone? computer breaks down?
What if my whole family dies?
What if putin fires of an atombomb?

What if?
You'll get banned unless/until we are satisfied with the explanation. At which time the ban may be reversed but no compensation offered.

Vagabonden

You'll get banned unless/until we are satisfied with the explanation. At which time the ban may be reversed but no compensation offered.
Why cant you just stop ban people until you actually heard the explanation? And THAN ban them?
Instead you just ruin gameplay for someone, and you know that, you wouldnt have said "no compensation offered." because you can just ban number one and be like bla bla bla until number 2 becomes number one in one award? :p

So judge jury and executioner....

Don-Vallsy

I was asking myself why some guys were that fast in construction on the same level ... since i asked the support whats about the bug exploit using it was told "it is fixed"

now i had 1 level on general store free ... and was able to potentionally work 8 more hours through the building (which i cancelled).

In my eyes thats bug abuse which was a bannable reason in such an event on my main account ... obvioulsy it isnt fixed ... is this controlled in any way or just legit kind of building --- asking for the next event.

Virginie01

Hello,

What would be nice at the end of this world would be to leave it open with the accessible market.

Why ?

We have new work, I came to test the dropps recipes of these new work. On the other hand, by leaving this world open we could over time mount our level 5 equipment: what we can never have on another server.

The goal would be to have fun, imagine a set of Cortina level 5: we would make great battles.

The same goes for duels, and we would build our craft by exchanging our products.

It would make a server where one could test the new works with magnificent equipment and beautiful battles of forts. On the French servers, we have almost no more battles.

Besides I hardly play anymore and yet I have the EL GRINGO weapons I have won 2 speeds, but winning beautiful weapons on servers where there is hardly anyone anymore is of no use to me at all.

Frankly, this speed server is the only one I’ve had fun with. What do you think about leaving it open? It would still be very funny great equipment for adventures and battles !

Cordialy

Good gun

Ektoras BOTrini

I was asking myself why some guys were that fast in construction on the same level ... since i asked the support whats about the bug exploit using it was told "it is fixed"

now i had 1 level on general store free ... and was able to potentionally work 8 more hours through the building (which i cancelled).

In my eyes thats bug abuse which was a bannable reason in such an event on my main account ... obvioulsy it isnt fixed ... is this controlled in any way or just legit kind of building --- asking for the next event.
In .de this is not a bug according to the CM because this is a part of the game for years now but yes it should be fixed.

Goober Pyle

The West Team

As I understand it, there is nothing wrong with exploiting a long-standing well known game mechanic, where no dev changes have been made or announced and no well publicized announcement exists declaring it improper; for all jobs, the LP calculation is made at the time it is queued, while the reward is calculated at the time the job is completed.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Hello,

What would be nice at the end of this world would be to leave it open with the accessible market.

Why ?

We have new work, I came to test the dropps recipes of these new work. On the other hand, by leaving this world open we could over time mount our level 5 equipment: what we can never have on another server.

The goal would be to have fun, imagine a set of Cortina level 5: we would make great battles.

The same goes for duels, and we would build our craft by exchanging our products.

It would make a server where one could test the new works with magnificent equipment and beautiful battles of forts. On the French servers, we have almost no more battles.

Besides I hardly play anymore and yet I have the EL GRINGO weapons I have won 2 speeds, but winning beautiful weapons on servers where there is hardly anyone anymore is of no use to me at all.

Frankly, this speed server is the only one I’ve had fun with. What do you think about leaving it open? It would still be very funny great equipment for adventures and battles !

Cordialy

Good gun
Thank you for the suggestion! We can do that. We close the server and reopen it. How long should we keep it?

ra1g

Thank you for the suggestion! We can do that. We close the server and reopen it. How long should we keep it?
keep it open indefinitely and treat it as a new world for testing out all kinds of stuff, be it new items, FF changes, new recipes etc. Since beta is now basically a regular world, with little difference to normal worlds (and also everyone treats it as if it was a regular world), it really can not be called or considered a true test world... Maybe allow buying premium (at player's own risk) and remove the bonuses for damage in duel, to keep it somehow similar to live worlds.

Organize an event every now and then, to test something out and people will show up since leveling is fast and getting good sets is easy.

It might also attract more people to join and populate the world... Imagine having FFs every couple days with different tower bonuses/distance penalty reduced and maybe then implement it on regular worlds.

Just my thoughts on this topic :-))

Virginie01

Hello

It’s been 14 years that I’ve been playing this game. I’ve already tested different builds. There we have new works with lots of build possibilities. Everything depends on what we want to privilege, battles, duels, dropps etc ... We have new work so I think we need to test different ways of playing, rare recipes can be dropped on other new work, not just the commercial counter. With the speed server, it would be nice to leave it with the sets to buy and level up so we could continue to level up various sets and test different builds.

Leave it all the time and we’ll run tests, like on the beta server. On the beta people can no longer register, this server could be used: what do you think?

I’ll bring players so we can buy potions in dollars and rebuilder this would be great !

Kiss

Virginie

Virginie01

On the French servers some do not have their high-level recipe and get into holiday mode, they are tired of waiting, it is a shame.

We have new work we could test a bull dexterity, full haggling and lots of other builds for these recipes.

What would be nice is to leave the bonuses on this server, we could test to drop the recipes.

Robbing a gold digger is not bad for dropps but it’s full force, power, so another build. I couldn’t test everything. But it would be nice to leave this server with the bonuses and sets, we quickly go up and we would have the dropps value of new jobs.

Excuse my English it’s the translator