Feedback Holiday Speed 2021 (premium-free)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
  • Trading sets for their suggested value: totally wrong. You're not fooling anyone when you claim Nick set is worth the same as Vaquero just because they came from the same event. Nick is a garbage set for .... basically for nobody. I stopped playing one world after I got 3 of those sets during Christmas 2020. And nothing can make me come back to it. Unless you trade me cowgirl or vaquero for my spare Nick sets LOL.
  • Trading products for products according to drop rate: OMFG, what is this proposition, it's like you're not even trying. Are players supposed to compute which amounts are fair according to the drop rate? Which drop rate? an adventurer's with full drop gear and buffed with candy cane or a soldier's, unbuffed with no drop gear? What if I spam 15s and another farms full hours? What if one farms solely cash while another farms products, while they both wish to buy sets from the tombola?
First off, as I made clear from my first point, I am just expressing my personal opinion; I don't in any way speak for the mod team on basically anything except for what I have been given permission to do in my fort battle balancing role. While my input when I speak to the mod team representing players might carry more weight, that is only if/when I am representing that what I am saying is intended to reflect the player-base not my own opinion.

Just to be clear, I am in no way suggesting any two sets from an event or year have equal value -- that's a reason I chose the specific example of Captain for Joseph Warren -- I am just attempting to suggest an objective standard that could be readily enforced, which expressly avoids the question of how to determine "Fair Market Value" and instead provides a "Safe Harbor"
Similarly with products, I am just attempting to suggest an objective standard that could be readily enforced, ignoring actual "Fair Market Value" and providing for a "Safe Harbor" by using the publicly available base drop rates.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
One town had 45+ people and seem to be the dire of many people. 4-5 other towns had as many members, for some reason they didnt reach the same heights as that one town. That doesn't necessarily make the one town bad. Players in the other towns got banned to the same rate or higher as from the one town.

Many people assumed things/accused the one town of things that were simply incorrect. Possibly another reason why people are leaving the game is because of the foul language some people seem to think they are justified to use because someone else has what they do not. The reason new servers never live long is highly due to the trolls.

Everyone knew the rules from the start, they were stated. Some just made a plan based on them, others did not. I believe if the different rules were used the same players would win.

Junkz

"Exploiting the game" or "having ur town pull down ur opponents" isnt supposed to be the way to win.
But if our dear moderators allow it, keep going with it until u are the only people left playing this game seriously.

Everyone knew the rules from the start, they were stated. Some just made a plan based on them, others did not. I believe if the different rules were used the same players would win.

I guess this answers you

L00nat33k

Best thing to do on next speed server would be to increase purchase value of bags by x4, but sell sets individualy, meaning if i want to buy Cortina, i got Cortina in shop and can buy it directly, not that i have to buy event bag 1st and than get something useless to me out of it. This way no one will have excuse they didn't need something they got out of bag and it's why they gave it to someone who needed it.

But best thing in general would be, disable marketplace, this is only way to get rid of multies pushing someone and than there's no excuses someone was better than you, because he had more help ...

Deadeye Jerry

Best thing to do on next speed server would be to increase purchase value of bags by x4, but sell sets individualy, meaning if i want to buy Cortina, i got Cortina in shop and can buy it directly, not that i have to buy event bag 1st and than get something useless to me out of it. This way no one will have excuse they didn't need something they got out of bag and it's why they gave it to someone who needed it.

But best thing in general would be, disable marketplace, this is only way to get rid of multies pushing someone and than there's no excuses someone was better than you, because he had more help ...
I agree x4 for the sets it is nice but you can't disable the market thats only wishful thinking, how you will increase your craft ?
The only way I see that working is like they add quests at Angus trade products for the crafts from the other classes but they will never do that because it will be too much work only for speed event

ImmortalMadGuys

Hey Guys/Gals
hope you all doing well
I saw some ppl nagging about why 1 town members won in most of categories
do you ever think why this ppl gathered in same town? we are opponents in other worlds
but we choose to join same town cuz we knew we can make dream team (and some of best players couldn't join this speed if some of our other friends were joined then result could be much different and we could see MORE nagging ;) )
also i saw some idea about playing solo (no town or no market bla bla bla) mates it's West game not an arcade game :)
btw if you can gather ppl and make dream team you deserve to Win :up:

SUPERSKOUPIDIARIS

I guess this answers you

What answers exactly? Rules said no pushing, thats the whole point. Giving free duel wins to the first dueler, free collections to the first achievement player, free materials to the first crafters, free dodges and damage to the first ff rank players by stacking santa-wearing players and tanks against them. I mean, u did everything... At least u should admit it. And koshticky said it all with info from inside ur town with a very long post that apparently got deleted the same day...
I didnt say what u did was wrong. Its not ur fault. If u can win by dirty means and not get punished, u went for it. Its the mods fault for inserting this particular rule, and not taking action accodring to it. If ur afraid to ban, dont bother adding this joke of a rule the next time.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
free duel wins? not one happened.
free materials for crafters? didnt happen. crafters paid up to 10k for individual items.
free collections? didn't happen. if no trade was able to be found collection items were sold for 100k+ up to 500k.
free dodges by santa wearing? I came to battles twice in santa as I was duelling in santa. the rest of the 20 battles? is it strange that we prefer a friend to shoot us than someone who isnt.? should we actively give you dodges/hits, ie farm you? it does not make sense. your plan was to stay single to be able to choose sides. we choose to stay together to be strong as a group. two different plans. one worked better than the other. should I complain to the mods that you stayed in a small town? unfair advantage? the coin has two sides.

please see my previous post about not speaking about things you have no idea.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
Please show me screenshot of a free duel win. I obviously can only speak for myself and what I have seen. But I am not lying. Did you play the server Beef? Seems you know much for someone who didnt. Considering how often we were reported it is strange that we weren't all banned if we behaved as you say. Isn't it strange that more people from other towns were banned than from ours.

Beefmeister

how can i have screenshots of a duel from your account? it's a whole different thing i'm talking about
obviously you can speak for yourself but apparently you speak for other people too with all the arguments you presented there...it's that little need to defend yourself, because we all know why

anyway, i'll keep all of this in mind going forward with this game. if you all are willing to do this for 2 weapons on an online game that is long dead....good social experiment

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
I speak of the experience I had as a black hat in the town. Which in my opinion should have a better take on it than someone who didnt join the server, got some screenshot from someone and interpretated it to suit your own stance.

if you are willing to complain on a forum about something you were not part of and have no clue of, good social experiment on your side.

This will be my last post here. I think all is said. Trolls will be trolls and play victims. Having actual information or knowledge doesnt matter at all when there is envy around.

Beefmeister

i want some of that stuff you're smoking in sweden ngl
literally lying to yourself with these posts :lol:

enjoy those gringo weapons
congratulations to everyone who won them, really good job fixing those prizes. reason to be proud

Aryastark

free duel wins? not one happened.
free materials for crafters? didnt happen. crafters paid up to 10k for individual items.
free collections? didn't happen. if no trade was able to be found collection items were sold for 100k+ up to 500k.
free dodges by santa wearing? I came to battles twice in santa as I was duelling in santa. the rest of the 20 battles? is it strange that we prefer a friend to shoot us than someone who isnt.? should we actively give you dodges/hits, ie farm you? it does not make sense. your plan was to stay single to be able to choose sides. we choose to stay together to be strong as a group. two different plans. one worked better than the other. should I complain to the mods that you stayed in a small town? unfair advantage? the coin has two sides.

Seriosuly, on a speed world where you can make money easily, buying materials or items for that money is fair? :)))) For example i did not drop the indications for fabled antidote, i had to spend 15kk on steel chests to get it, so which price is correct 15kk or 10k?? Also about this, is it pushing if someone spent time on trading office making money, droping things and then just gave rare indications , if droped, to those who need them just because he/she does not need them? Because otherwise someone would have had to spend a lot of time droping them, personally i spent 4-5 days droping all the rare instructions.

Also regarding the money, the firts three craftsmen, all from one town made, combined a total of 136 271 items, for example, i made amulets for someone and that would be a total of 14-15k crafts roughly an at the end i had somewhere 24 k items crafted, even got banned for 4-5 days because i didn't check who was buying them.

On the other hand, also those three persons made a combined 222kk, Let's assume that everyone of them made alos the amount i made for someone, that will be 91k items crafted, also let's pretend that they made from their materials other 15k, that will be 45k items crafted, there remains somewhere 45-46k crafted items from products bought, 222k / 45k = 4,9k per item crafted, if my math is not wrong, and that is on a server where you can easily make 5-6k on a 15 seconds work, and that is without what they invested in sets. i'm not saying that it is wrong or right thing to do, they did it within the rules, sort of. And that could be said about all categories where the contest have been made.

That is why in my opinion , on a speed server, money are the least fair criteria when it comes to judging if something is fair or is pushing.

Regarding other posts where there were suggestions that smaller number of members will cure that issue. It would not, at least in my opinion because there always could be those who negaotiate on other servers and on the speed world to register in another city and to be dueles in specific clothes, or at fort to be afk in front of the tower etc. That's why i think that there should be a certain degree of luck on speed servers, i gave an example about allowing the misiion for the indiaction that gives you small chance to get a point at craft from 826 onwords. Of course if someone gets pushed an reaches 826 first he/she will have the biggest chance to win it but other also will have that chance.

L00nat33k

I agree x4 for the sets it is nice but you can't disable the market thats only wishful thinking, how you will increase your craft ?
The only way I see that working is like they add quests at Angus trade products for the crafts from the other classes but they will never do that because it will be too much work only for speed event
Ok, got your point, than they should forbid trading of clothing ...

Or if it's possible and this would be best fix, allow only world market and only auctions ... but not bidding like on regular worlds, but every player could make only 1 bid and offer the amount of money they're willing to spend on item ... (highest offer wouldn't be showed to anyone before auction is over). After auction is over, player who did bid most money gets item.

DeletedUser15368

At this point I think we are simply using Speed Worlds incorrectly, making them competitions to be exploited - and handing out Gringo's for it.

I think it's kind of silly to suggest removing trading in any capacity, unless you want to extend the premium advantage to the premium supremacy.

Players asked me to create an account on the speed world so they could farm duel wins, I won't name anyone, but that is obviously what's going to happen when the prize is Gringo.
Speed Worlds suck, Regular worlds suck, Bring back Classic.

Deadeye Jerry

Ok, got your point, than they should forbid trading of clothing ...

Or if it's possible and this would be best fix, allow only world market and only auctions ... but not bidding like on regular worlds, but every player could make only 1 bid and offer the amount of money they're willing to spend on item ... (highest offer wouldn't be showed to anyone before auction is over). After auction is over, player who did bid most money gets item.
That would be exploited again with random players giving money to the player they want, they will post some bad item and get paid a lot, you should not only implement the rule but also think about how it will be exploited as well and not "it was meant to be played this way".

I was thinking about a solution about market items and crafting and it seems the best solution is to don't have rewards for the crafting :D because people like Magwai will always abuse that, this event she played with 4 characters (1 of each class) and she got banned during at the end and who knows she might still get the reward for the 4th place.

The fort fighting will never work because can be easily exploited with the current formula for points we have, clearly the adventures have an advantage over the rest.

For the duels you don't even have to ask someone to lose duels on you thats already a bad strategy, you have to have win-lose 1:3 ratio(roughly) for most dueling experience and sometimes you even win that you try to lose so yeah you just have to try to lose the most duels to win the event :D

I am glad that there isn't gringos for most experience anymore but this event should be completely reworked or not take place at all to be "fair" for everyone and like Roth said even if they change the rules most likely the same players will win again.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Thank you for everyone's feedback in this matter. We will analyze and consider them.

We will soon expand our team and will look for speed managers who can create more complex gameplays and better supervise the gameplay. You will be welcome to apply if you wish to contribute to realize your suggestions.