Hiring Mercenaries for Fort Battles

DeletedUser363

Proposal
In a lot of the older/less active worlds it is very hard to fill a medium or a large fort battle. What I am proposing is an option for an attacking or defending town to hire mercenaries. Mercenaries would be offline NPC’s that a town could hire using money from their town treasury. The generals would be able to place them and set a target for them.

Current Workaround
None

Details
As soon as a fort battle is called, the generals will have an option to go to a mercenaries screen. There they can get a random list of mercenaries they can hire. Each mercenary will have different stats, and will cost a different amount to hire. The amount it costs to hire each mercenary could be based on their level, or their skills. This list could be refreshed every hour (just like the dueling NPC’s). Once a mercenary is hired, the general places them on the map, and sets a target for them. During the fort battle they will act like an offline player.

This is one way it could look like, although I’m sure the developers could think of something better:
57bb12fc3a2c46c4bab3fdc.png

Maybe to stop alliances from hiring too many mercenaries, there could be a limit of 10 mercenaries for small battles, 20 for medium, and 40 for large.

Abuse Prevention
Towns/Alliances with a lot of people and money would have an advantage over smaller alliances. However since these towns already have a player advantage, they would have little use for mercenaries.

Summary
I think this would make fort battles a little bit more exciting. This would also give towns another way of spending their town treasury money.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The only problems I can really see are that mercenaries would be better than offliners, because you know they have a target set and that their skills would be the devs' idea of fort skills, which I don't think is primarily health.

DeletedUser22493

This has been suggested before, so please take time to read these threads through before continuing promoting this idea. The Mercenaries concept has allot of downsides.

Mercenary AI
Mercenary
also Wages for Fighters.

This idea has never made it to a vote, so I can't prevent you from suggesting it, but there was a reason it never made it to a vote.

Deleted User - 1278415

Im just thinking out loud here but another abuse of the system would be a neutral town buying mercenaries and letting their friendly alliance friends attack their neutral owned fort and freely shoot at the npc defenders and get points for taking out a well placed defending npcs on the side closest to where the enemy would start helping them get the fort achievements sooner.

if it happens that this idea is passed I would use the feature but Im not holding my breath in hopes of actually getting it to pass the devs desk.

DeletedUser

I think this is a good idea. A couple of other considerations:

* You cant stack with soldiers etc. You'll receive a mixture of classes or you rotate your selection through classes; soldier, then dueler, then advent etc. If time is close to the battle you click once for lucky dip.
*The fort must be X% filled or the number of mercs provided would be based on players already at the fort. So even with mercs theres not always the chance to fill the fort. Maybe a 10% merc allocation ie 10 at the fort you'll receive 1 mercs.
*Mercs cant be higher than level 60 skill base.
*Adding mercs can be turned off by a General

EDIT: In reference to the previous requests listed by Rebow, some of the negative responses didnt take into account developer constraints that could stop abuse of this. If it can help fort battles I think it should go to vote.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

nah, it's all good, but all merks will be left out if real players are signed and at fort location, therefore you can hire a million of merks per battle, but only the remainder of (total places available - non-NPC at fort) will be filled with merks ...the rest of the merks will be disolved in thin air hehe and no one will give you money back. By non-NPC I mean any rank of signed fighter, be it traitored, reserved and so on.

Only the general(s) can hire merks.

DeletedUser

It would get Inno's attention if the mercs cost a nugget amount for example 50 nugs per merc instead of a $ cash amount.

DeletedUser34315

It would get Inno's attention if the mercs cost a nugget amount for example 50 nugs per merc instead of a $ cash amount.

I'd rather not have premium players get any more powerful. Part of the joy of this game is that a non-premium player can actually compete.

DeletedUser34315

No,you're wrong. You can buy them off the market. These mercs would be unobtainable except with nuggets.

DeletedUser30224

Buying off the market by SOMEONE who spent nuggets to get them still classifies as BS to me. If I'm not mistaken everything up till now was achievable without nuggets, this isn't...whether it is a friend of yours who got it with nuggets and you bought it on the market it's still just nuggeting to get it.

DeletedUser34982

Buying off the market by SOMEONE who spent nuggets to get them still classifies as BS to me. If I'm not mistaken everything up till now was achievable without nuggets, this isn't...whether it is a friend of yours who got it with nuggets and you bought it on the market it's still just nuggeting to get it.
you can get some of the items from the trombola so it is possible to get it w/o nuggets

DeletedUser

I'd rather not have premium players get any more powerful. Part of the joy of this game is that a non-premium player can actually compete.

But Inno don't seem to be interested unless an idea generates revenue for them. That is, of course the purpose behind this game that so many people tend to forget. If there is a nugget option, it will be much more likely to go through to them.