Hidden mods/devs

DeletedUser36559

I've been noticing something odd in the west recently, I've been trying to connect dots and pieces together and I've just realized some people on my friends list have very 'similar' personalities and almost all of them have intriguing and fascinating stories. For e.g. I know someone who got pregnant by someone whom she met on the west!, another guy got 3 women pregnant and now he's trying to make amends, another guy apparently works for the MIA. Crazy right?

A few months pass by, they share their ludicrous stories around and then they slowly leave the game... which got me thinking do mods and devs secretly play this game under a different name and come up with some crazy stories for keep us active players coming back for more?

Just a thought... let me know what you think or if you know of anything.

DeletedUser33353

Well.......I did know this player named kalip. He fits the bill ;)

Nisa

Feel free to report it, if you think someone is playing multiple accounts. And no, same rules for everyone, only one account per world.

DeletedUser26820

Dangit !! I finally got caught :(

As jaime and all of Arkham on Briscoe are my birthspring, I'll have to retire and restart as another toon....

A bit ludicrous? Yes, indeed...

DeletedUser33342

I actually KNOW 2 people who got involved in a relationship during their playtime on the west. :p

DeletedUser22685

To the best of my knowledge, no mods or devs do this unless a roleplaying GM is active. It pretty much boils down to the fact that you'll meet some strange people on the internet.

DeletedUser

you'll meet some strange people on the internet.
Ah, now I know you can't be talking about me there, because I and my collection of singing-potatoes are quite, quite sane, thank you very much. :)

Apelatia

To the best of my knowledge, no mods or devs do this unless a roleplaying GM is active. It pretty much boils down to the fact that you'll meet some strange people on the internet.

Who knows... There might be some of us playing under secret identities who are out only to cause mischief and display our wild and vibrant personalities to the world at large... Of course, none of us would ever consider playing multi accounts, but perhaps we are secretly playing on other worlds... :whistle:

DeletedUser35143

This thread.... oh my.... GOLD

I must have heard crazy stories, but I never connected it to the game designers or mods to secretly do it to create something wild.

DeletedUser

Its a good un this thread it does throw up the multi account - which i am sure no ne does - on the net you get al sorts you have to laugh at them

DeletedUser36559

Maybe I'm just being paranoid and coming up with these conspiracy theories. I have heard some insane stories from players and they do make me come back for more that's for sure :D

DeletedUser8627

Not sure how they managed to get women pregnant, I've discovered and it is a popular belief that there are no women on the internet :p which also lead to the creation of a popular acronym which unfortunately I cannot share here but a quick Google search shall reveal its secrets.

I have however, posed as a few characters in the game in my time as the CM. These usually as GM characters with an alternate personality as well as gathering feedback from our playerbase. But nothing as farfetched as mentioned by the OP. Mr Gai, the leader of the Chinese squad did entrap an innocent victim or three during his masquerades too which was good for a few laughs. But as for the developers, I don't believe they would but then again, they are developers - anything is possible :D

If you think those stories are 'interesting', you should see what comes in as an administrator of a service. The complaints I've had to deal with here on The West as well as a previous IM chat, dating and classifieds service I was involved in would make even the hardened of us shudder in disbelief. No, there are some truly weird stuff going on out there, very very weird stuff. And when you're involved in court cases getting cyber criminals convicted, that's when you know horror movies are true.

DeletedUser26820

Just silly me, but I'd advise this thread be shut down....

I've discovered and it is a popular belief that there are no women on the internet...

You're just giving me opportunity to say, "Oh, yeah? I've met plenty of women on the internet.... let me introduce you to some of them...." and then follow with some links of some of the women I've met on the internet.

This thread can only get worse, Mod Team......

Well that is, unless you're "hidden" or whatever.....

DeletedUser26820

The clear unhidden was that I advised what to do, relative to actually deciding what to do and then following thru with it.
That makes me a tax-payer compensated, elected representative relative to being a member of the Mod Squad :)

DeletedUser33353

The clear unhidden was that I advised what to do, relative to actually deciding what to do and then following thru with it.
That makes me a tax-payer compensated, elected representative relative to being a member of the Mod Squad :)

So.......what you are saying is that you are the lowest of pond scum, a politician?
At least that is what my Webster's says under that term :D

Last edited by a moderator: