Hi could someone tell me when The Summer Spirits Set Available please

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
We dont know if we will get a sale now. There was one last year starting 19th March but not the previous year. However sales generate a lot of money for Inno so I assume they have high priority. If not it might arrive in the summer sale where it first appeared if I am not wrong (which could very well be). I haven't seen it in the spring sale in May.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
FWIW given how many complaints of this set being overpowered I would not be surprised if it took on union status (Ie never to be offered again)...

I don’t agree that that is the right approach to OP sets (that’s what industry standard nerfing practices are for) but I don’t expect that policy to change

DeletedUser15368

Here's a radical idea: Every single item and set that exists in this game should be nerfed by 50%.

That's it, blanket 50% nerf across the board. Fixes so many issues and allows new sets to be created, since we have seemingly hit the ceiling of what is viable to do. Not only that, but we could update old tombola sets to be viable again at the new standard power level - easing the burden of new set creation because vintage sales and tombola sets could return annually with the intention of facilitating upgrades.

It fixes PvP formulas to some degree, it fixes new worlds gameplay being absolutely screwed by over-powered shop clothing with the scaling issues that trying to balance shop gear with tombola gear has created.

Obviously this is a ridiculous thing to suggest because Inno can't even nerf the Felt hats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Here's a radical idea: Every single item and set that exists in this game should be nerfed by 50%.

That's it, blanket 50% nerf across the board. Fixes so many issues and allows new sets to be created, since we have seemingly hit the ceiling of what is viable to do. Not only that, but we could update old tombola sets to be viable again at the new standard power level - easing the burden of new set creation because vintage sales and tombola sets could return annually with the intention of facilitating upgrades.

It fixes PvP formulas to some degree, it fixes new worlds gameplay being absolutely screwed by over-powered shop clothing with the scaling issues that trying to balance shop gear with tombola gear has created.

Obviously this is a ridiculous thing to suggest because Inno can't even nerf the Felt hats.

Forum needs a “heart” reaction!

Goober Pyle

The West Team

As an alternative, perhaps add 10 levels to every item, and rescale them so a level 10 item is equal to what it is now, then every year before Christmas event every item in inventory/on market loses a level (but newly purchased items and items still inside chests will be level 10)
[note: change the level cap from 5 to 19 and make everything upgradable]

This would allow new sets designs to have a cap on total skill points while still being improvements over existing gear, while old sets become desirable awards as when acquired as new they are powerful and can revive some previously upgraded gear to usefulness.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Notes on above:
Gear would only downgrade if it was introduced at least one year earlier.
All level 9 and below gear would be actionable (including degraded event winner gear and nugget sets, as well as multiple year old upgraded gear that has degraded to level 9)
OP gear would be nerfed over time by not being made available again (this would include pulling OP shop gear from shops and replacing them with “v2.0” while letting existing versions in the wild degrade over time)

Last edited:

Caerdwyn

Maybe leave Greenhorn, Prairie, No Name, Confed, Soldier, Dueler, Worker, Advent, and Golden (not Shiny Golden) alone. They're classics!

WhyN0t

FWIW given how many complaints of this set being overpowered I would not be surprised if it took on union status (Ie never to be offered again)...
Overpowered? Are you kidding me? :)) It's UNDERPOWERED. Cortina's horse and saddle are much much better than spirits set. Spirits set is only good against tanks with bad weapons and 0 sector damage because they deal 1 dmg. Duellers deals 1000+ with or without summer spirit set. Especially now when they gave for free dozens of gringo's weapons to all admins, moderators, ex-admins, ex-moderators and helpers and every alliance have several sector damage bonus sets on their team (290 sector damage with Muerrieta's clothes, golden horse+saddle and gringo's weapons). Summer spirits are useless in general. Cortina's horse+saddle gives a lot more skills, a lot of HP which counterbalances the additional resistance of the spirits and 14.5 (or 16.5 if you have ^3) flat defense. Spirits set is good only on attack because it gives hiding and on defensive side only against tanks with no sector bonus.
How can you say this set is OP? You made me laugh :lol:

TOECUTTER

We dont know if we will get a sale now. There was one last year starting 19th March but not the previous year. However sales generate a lot of money for Inno so I assume they have high priority. If not it might arrive in the summer sale where it first appeared if I am not wrong (which could very well be). I haven't seen it in the spring sale in May.
ty

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Overpowered? Are you kidding me? :)) It's UNDERPOWERED. Cortina's horse and saddle are much much better than spirits set. Spirits set is only good against tanks with bad weapons and 0 sector damage because they deal 1 dmg. Duellers deals 1000+ with or without summer spirit set. Especially now when they gave for free dozens of gringo's weapons to all admins, moderators, ex-admins, ex-moderators and helpers and every alliance have several sector damage bonus sets on their team (290 sector damage with Muerrieta's clothes, golden horse+saddle and gringo's weapons). Summer spirits are useless in general. Cortina's horse+saddle gives a lot more skills, a lot of HP which counterbalances the additional resistance of the spirits and 14.5 (or 16.5 if you have ^3) flat defense. Spirits set is good only on attack because it gives hiding and on defensive side only against tanks with no sector bonus.
How can you say this set is OP? You made me laugh :lol:

It depends a bit on context/usage.
For low exposure tanking cortina horses are king, but standing alone in front of an army of guns resistance is key. Advents holding towers taking a couple negligible damage hits then ghosting outlast the alternative. Add in the savings on HP buffs and I don’t know any advent in possession of Spirit that chooses Cortina horses over it.

WhyN0t

Advents holding towers taking a couple negligible damage hits then ghosting outlast the alternative
So 4 duellers will hit you for 1000 per hit, maybe a 3k crit, then if you are lucky you will became a ghost. Where is the negligible damage? The negligible damage would have come after duellers hits you, but the ghosting intervine and you don't do much. I dodged 215 hits as adventurer with cortina ^0 on my tower without spirits set. With summer spirits set i would have probably got hit more times and dodged less because ghosting would have intervined.
As i said in my previous comment, summer spirit set is only good against tanks. A dullers will deals 1250 damage against full cortina and 1030 damage against cortina+ spirits and your defence (dodge change) will be much lower (the same as your health, considerably lower). Cortina can also be easily upgraded, summer spirits cannot. The flat defence that cortina have is too strong in my opinion. Only if tanks hits you is worth using summer spirit. Or at least over 50% from those who shoot you must be tanks.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Well citing a universally decried OP set to declare another set UP is a bit silly.

In my experience I last equally as long in spirit versus level one cortina horses while dealing a few k more damage and saving tons on hp buffing. It’s OP too...

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
I have done extensive tests and I found that I would dodge more/take more hits/ghost more with summer spirit than with upgraded cortina horse set on Colorado which is a mature world. On newer worlds I would expect the difference to be even higher due to the lack of Union/large masses of 150 damagers.

This is as an advent

RaiderTr

Summer Spirits would only be OP if it had HP and direct Defense bonus.
And/or if it could be upgraded.

Calculations and experiences say that it has just about the same power level of Cortina mount set. (But Cortina can be upgraded)

However Summer Spirits (including Mask) gets a nice advantage when used with 5 parts Cortina clothing.

Still not OP though. Compared to Union Officer.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
True; what’s really OP is cortina 5 + 3 piece spirit on defense. Spirit on attack is good but doesn’t pair well enough with anything to be OP

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fair enough. In level 3 towers it holds about right.

but it’s still miles above other gear, and can only be said to not be overpowered where overpowered union/gringo exists to take it out