Here's an Idea: Stop changing the rules!!!

• Thread starter Jebedobidiah Johnstonson
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser36979

What is acceptable to you (non dueler) is different from that of which is acceptable to Max (dueler), reasons for lowering duel level have been explained but you don't want to hear them.

Best agree to disagree if you are not willing to see things from an alternate perspective.

Please tell where then, I fail to see anything remotely looking as a reason to lose. And you assumption is wrong, I am a dueler, I just don't duel to lose, which I guess both you and Max do, and appearantly I am the one doing it wrong... :laugh:

DeletedUser36559

Please tell where then, I fail to see anything remotely looking as a reason to lose. And you assumption is wrong, I am a dueler, I just don't duel to lose, which I guess both you and Max do, and appearantly I am the one doing it wrong... :laugh:

I'm under the general impression here that you have been pounded a lot when you were an adventurer/worker and you just put all duelers under one banner of '0 mot cowards'. There are many reasons to lose duels whether it is to keep an enemy dueler KO'ed or attack FF'ers before battle but don't simply assume every dueler with a bible have the intention of KO'ing only non-duelers. Sure some people get a thrill from it but not everyone.

DeletedUser36979

I'm under the general impression here that you have been pounded a lot when you were an adventurer/worker and you just put all duelers under one banner of '0 mot cowards'. There are many reasons to lose duels whether it is to keep an enemy dueler KO'ed or attack FF'ers before battle but don't simply assume every dueler with a bible have the intention of KO'ing only non-duelers. Sure some people get a thrill from it but not everyone.

I don't really care why people duel, and people have the right to duel at low motivation. I consider them cowards, yes, but that doesn't ruin the game. The "Duel-to-lose"-losers ruin the game, and the very fact that dueling to lose is considered acceptable duel behaviour is offensive. And getting what many appearantly consider a reward for losing, now that it is just absurd. You lost the fight, so here, take a gold medal :no: Who will ever respect a community were half the people lose on purpose? Duels should be initiated to win, (or gain KO-protection,) not to lower duel-levels.

The "keep an enemy dueler KO'ed" reasoning is flawed. If the ability to lose duel-experience is removed, both will rise in duel-level over time
EDIT: Also, if you duel to lose, you have failed, miserably, when you KO your opponent :eek:

It would ruin sports, if half the players played to lose, and it will ruin dueling in the game as well.

Why not stop this madness now? And salvage whatever small amount of respect the duel community still have. I am (was) a dueler... and I have absolutely no respect left for the dueling community anymore, and have stopped all dueling activities, left town, respec'ed to FF, waiting to see if dueling becomes an option again or I should just shut down the servers I have left.

As long as losers duel to lose, duelers will lose respect.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23737

Anzian,

No dueler ever wanted to 'duel to lose'.

It is simply a method to negate the fact that duel level increases with every win.

Too high a duel level doesn't mean I get to only duel the "tough brave players" as you dreamily seem to think (and I know as I have been there, the players are all good duelers... but no better than other good players who are dueling less often and so have a lower duel level) ...it means I only end up dueling the same 5 players... which is incredibly repetitive and boring... How can I help my town dueling the same 5 people? Ridiculous.

I am unsure about your logic that losing a duel can make a player a coward? You can have your opinion on that, but I don't share it at all. I have been #1 xp dueler on a world and I had between 0 and 5 players world wide I could duel... this was so boring and useless.

This 'dueling to lose' is sure killing the fun of dueling for me, on El Dorado where I have several thousand wins, I will likely retire there soon, as I take pride in having a winning character.

On Dakota, where I was once #1 xp dueler, I am currently losing, losing, losing... just to try and get some targets again. This also is no fun.

On Fairbanks... I am dead in the water... have just gone all trading... and this is the most boring world ever for me.

Such is the state of dueling atm.

asdf124

Anzian,

It is simply a method to negate the fact that duel level increases with every win.

Too high a duel level doesn't mean I get to only duel the "tough brave players" as you dreamily seem to think (and I know as I have been there, the players are all good duelers... but no better than other good players who are dueling less often and so have a lower duel level) ...it means I only end up dueling the same 5 players... which is incredibly repetitive and boring... How can I help my town dueling the same 5 people? Ridiculous.

I am unsure about your logic that losing a duel can make a player a coward? You can have your opinion on that, but I don't share it at all. I have been #1 xp dueler on a world and I had between 0 and 5 players world wide I could duel... this was so boring and useless.

This 'dueling to lose' is sure killing the fun of dueling for me, on El Dorado where I have several thousand wins, I will likely retire there soon, as I take pride in having a winning character.

On Dakota, where I was once #1 xp dueler, I am currently losing, losing, losing... just to try and get some targets again. This also is no fun.

On Fairbanks... I am dead in the water... have just gone all trading... and this is the most boring world ever for me.

meh, w1 was very magnetic for dueling when it was first started, lots of duelers, town raids and other things. Before fort fights, dueling was way more interesting back then. Now, it is just to win, no close or fair fights as in that you only know that your gonna win/lose depending on equipment, skill points or otherwise. Derek knows exactly what kind of odd ball loses he got versus a worker once or more in w1.

One of the reasons why I hate new worlds, they seem dull imo. They also make it a fact that its unfair for older worlds to get a chance at getting players.

DeletedUser14006

World one back when dueling was dueling and whole towns were full of specced duelers. One would get hit and each town would head straight into dodge and fight it out until all members of one town were either dead or hiding in the hotel...

...then came forts!

DeletedUser36979

Anzian,

First, I don't think "Duel to lose"-losers are cowards, they are just losers. I think that low-mots are cowards. And both are major parts of the reason that you now feel you have to lose on Dakota, because first the low-mots cowardly kept their duel-level low; less targets for you. And now everyone is just dumping their duel-level, and you still won't be getting more targets, and soon duel-level and real level will be the same again, and the duel-level will have no purpose... :unsure:

Get rid of the duel-level instead, then there is no reason to duel to lose, and everyone will have a nice amount of targets, around ones own level. :eek: Or at least get rid of the experience loss from losing, and keep the one you get after a month or so for not initiating a duel, then people can still lower their dueling-level if they want, just not while dueling...

asdf124

First, I don't think "Duel to lose"-losers are cowards, they are just losers. I think that low-mots are cowards. And both are major parts of the reason that you now feel you have to lose on Dakota, because first the low-mots cowardly kept their duel-level low; less targets for you. And now everyone is just dumping their duel-level, and you still won't be getting more targets, and soon duel-level and real level will be the same again, and the duel-level will have no purpose... :unsure:

Get rid of the duel-level instead, then there is no reason to duel to lose, and everyone will have a nice amount of targets, around ones own level. :eek: Or at least get rid of the experience loss from losing, and keep the one you get after a month or so for not initiating a duel, then people can still lower their dueling-level if they want, just not while dueling...

So, just get rid of the dueling level and duel at your own level?

That would be okay for me atm if I don't have any dueler at low level, the other problems and other headache would be that exp dueling would die out.

I don't duel to win or loss at one world, I duel for the daily bonds. I think your statements are inaccurate about dueling to loss, I know some who want to go down level probably to duel zero moti duelers. On another occasion, those who annoyed a comrade but they cannot touch due to such circumstances.

Nah, you are the god of dueling, I must be mistaken, you only duel to win, and that's what you expect and gain.

In my opinion, that should become dull at least for me, no challenge in it.

DeletedUser36979

So, just get rid of the dueling level and duel at your own level?

That would be okay for me atm if I don't have any dueler at low level, the other problems and other headache would be that exp dueling would die out.

I don't duel to win or loss at one world, I duel for the daily bonds. I think your statements are inaccurate about dueling to loss, I know some who want to go down level probably to duel zero moti duelers. On another occasion, those who annoyed a comrade but they cannot touch due to such circumstances.

Nah, you are the god of dueling, I must be mistaken, you only duel to win, and that's what you expect and gain.

In my opinion, that should become dull at least for me, no challenge in it.

Experience dueling is already dead. It died the day InnoGames made it possible to lose duel-experience by losing duels. And if everyone want to keep duel-level low, preferably at same level as real level, then why have the duel-level?

I am sorry to disappoint you... I am not the god of dueling. If I was, the dueling would be a very different from the current:

1. There would be no 10% cap on motivation.
2. There would be no experience loss.
3. There would be a 0 motivation = 0 construction, job, NPC-duel or player-duel. At least 1 point of motivation needed.
4. All motivation would reset to 100 every 24 hours.

Perks and achievements made impossible or obsolete would be changed to suit the changes.

asdf124

Experience dueling is already dead. It died the day InnoGames made it possible to lose duel-experience by losing duels. And if everyone want to keep duel-level low, preferably at same level as real level, then why have the duel-level?

I am sorry to disappoint you... I am not the god of dueling. If I was, the dueling would be a very different from the current:

1. There would be no 10% cap on motivation.
2. There would be no experience loss.
3. There would be a 0 motivation = 0 construction, job, NPC-duel or player-duel. At least 1 point of motivation needed.
4. All motivation would reset to 100 every 24 hours.

Perks and achievements made impossible or obsolete would be changed to suit the changes.

Without the current dueling system, I wouldn't have reached my level in w11, I used those who re specked to fort fighters surely, however, I also dueled real duelers at the end.

For new or old players coming back to this game, its a great way to redo their own level.

Let it be that they got banned or otherwise their reasons, this is a fresh start if it was old.

I hope your suggestion wouldn't get implemented for the reasons I have stated, btw, if you want to implement your idea, go to ideas and brainfarts.

I have been an all rounder in this game, before and now. So, its not new to me to be a dueler/fort fighter/jobs.

Other players have other kinds of builds, like pure worker, pure trader and pure fms etc.

So, your trying to endanger them and instead of letting them be with their current safety measures. Your trying to give yourself more targets, zero moti duelers more targets and be targeted as well.

DeletedUser36979

Without the current dueling system, I wouldn't have reached my level in w11, I used those who re specked to fort fighters surely, however, I also dueled real duelers at the end.

For new or old players coming back to this game, its a great way to redo their own level.

Let it be that they got banned or otherwise their reasons, this is a fresh start if it was old.

I hope your suggestion wouldn't get implemented for the reasons I have stated, btw, if you want to implement your idea, go to ideas and brainfarts.

I have been an all rounder in this game, before and now. So, its not new to me to be a dueler/fort fighter/jobs.

Other players have other kinds of builds, like pure worker, pure trader and pure fms etc.

So, your trying to endanger them and instead of letting them be with their current safety measures. Your trying to give yourself more targets, zero moti duelers more targets and be targeted as well.

First, none of the ideas are new... other ideas was implemented instead, some with more success than others.

Secondly, I don't duel anymore, haven't done it since the "duel-to-lose"-phase started. But, yes, getting the ZMD's more targets would be nice, maybe then they will stop whining about the numbers of targets dwindling. But more generally I'd like a more active dueling community, with people that duel to win, and dueling to lose is for losers. And who knows, maybe if dueling become worthwhile again, I'd consider speccing back.

Off course I don't really expect much from the developers anymore, now that the begining of the end have started, with the Norwegian market shut down yesterday.

DeletedUser22685

World one back when dueling was dueling and whole towns were full of specced duelers. One would get hit and each town would head straight into dodge and fight it out until all members of one town were either dead or hiding in the hotel...

...then came forts!

We're arguing about the wrong duel updates. Bring back saloon camping!

DeletedUser23737

It is because I once used to win duels...

I just want to know who it is that I duel that is so honourable that I get a dis-honour point?

They should have some sort of indicator in the duel menu as to whether the duel will be honourable or dishonourable.... so I could then leave that player be... and maintain my squeaky clean losing record. :)

DeletedUser35101

Well, I found definite evidence of dueling honor affecting town's duel points.

http://prntscr.com/8hbin2

..which is actually kind of stupid. You've won 0 duels, but your town has duel points. God help the developers who made such a system.

You may want to retest that definite evidence.. It is more likely that points duelers collected before update, with new dueling system affect town dueling points after update.
And as Max said.. he was wining duels before update..

Or you may want to explain this..
Before update town had 0 points for duels in ranking and as soon as update came those went up to around 13 k points.. after few people left town those (duel) points went down by half with, at that point, numbers for honored duels being same and in green..
Now number for honor duels are way down in red and keep going down, with town duel points going up :hmf:
Also.. player over-took ghost town after 2 yrs of being town-less with 2 yrs of not dueling at all.. town now in ranking has points for dueling with 0 of any stats in mortician.. http://prntscr.com/8hr2f3 (this was after update btw)

Sorry if i missed posting about how town points are calculated.. don't have time to read everything, only things i'm interested to know and i actually don't care about this :laugh:
But i do like to check up on new things as they come into game, to see what is changed :)

Deleted User - 1693871

Town rankings will now be influenced by dueling experience
The dueling component of town rankings will now be influenced by both win-loss differential and the town's collective duel experience. The next ranking update will reflect these changes immediately. The ranking points will be more comparable to fort points; construction points will be reviewed later.

Does this help explain the town duelling points?

DeletedUser23737

To be perfectly fair... the amount of points a town gets from building a church is still way out of the ball park in fairness. Who would've thought builders would rule the West?

So a few measly points from having a lot of duelers in one town pales in comparison to that points system.

Make the town ranking points fairer by reducing the points gained from building a church imo.

Remove duel level too while the developers are at it.

DeletedUser36979

To be perfectly fair... the amount of points a town gets from building a church is still way out of the ball park in fairness. Who would've thought builders would rule the West?

So a few measly points from having a lot of duelers in one town pales in comparison to that points system.

Make the town ranking points fairer by reducing the points gained from building a church imo.

Remove duel level too while the developers are at it.

Town ranking is for towns... duel ranking is for duelers...stop mixing the two. Just be happy that dueling contribute a small bit to a towns rank.

Nothing prevents you from joining a town with a bigger church (read: better rank)

Towns should be ranked by the buildings, not by what the inhabitants do. You don't see anyone requiring increased town points because they did another quest, or three hours of picking oranges... why should a few duels contribute?
If anything, duel contribution should be removed from town point calculations, since it could be considered unfair against crafters, workers and questers.

But honestly, InnoGames should make dueling worthwhile again before wasting time and resources on some points no-one cares much about anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.