Here's an Idea: Stop changing the rules!!!

• Thread starter Jebedobidiah Johnstonson
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser36979

Who is live (online) and controlling my character when I am offline, and either attacks or gets attacked?

live = online? yes, I LOLed :D
and yeah, you are controlling your character when offline, it's not me or Innogames.

You see, that's the problem when talking to you. Please, show me where I said that you can initiate a duel when offline? You can't? Then stop putting words in my mouth, please. Have some respect for the people you're talking to.

On the other hand - can I control the outcome of a duel when offline? Sure. I won a few thousand duels while offline. As an attacker (yeah, I queued duels and went offline - sue me if you want, I am just playing the game using the instruments the game gives me), and as a defender too. It's done by having good dueling build and good gear, choosing your tactics (when you expect that you'll need to defend), knowing your target (when you attack). And you know what? The outcome would be the same if my opponent and me were both online and set our moves before each of the 8 rounds. So what's your point?

You said that. I asked who controls my attacks when offline, you said I did... I did not put anything in your mouth... :laugh: I never talked about initiating them, that was you putting words in your own mouth...

"The outcome would be the same if my opponent and me were both online and set our moves before each of the 8 rounds."... sure, but the number of duels would not be the same, if both had to be online and participating :blink:

"So what's your point?" well, not much really, but it would be nice if you stopped accusing me of stuffing your mouth, when it is in fact yourself that does the stuffing :hmf:

As for the changes killing duels; Duelling died the day experience loss was applied to losing and duelers started losing on purpose... If you don't duel to win, why even try?

Pankreas PorFavor

You said that. I asked who controls my attacks when offline, you said I did...

so there are two possibilities. you either don't understand what you read, or you are just playing dumb trying to provoke others. in both cases, it's not worth it to spend another second talking to you.
you asked me if I am going online to initiate duels. of course I need to do that. who controls my character when I go offline after that? I guess it goes completely out of control and changes the gear, stance, skills... you know, all the things I would keep under control if I was online during the duel.

"The outcome would be the same if my opponent and me were both online and set our moves before each of the 8 rounds."... sure, but the number of duels would not be the same, if both had to be online and participating :blink:

what does the number of duels have to do with anything!? it's been like that since the first day of this game, why are you even mentioning this?

"So what's your point?" well, not much really

I know. it would be nice if a forum admin took care of that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

This is a ridiculous argument that is completely unrelated to a thread that has admittedly been allowed to remain open for far too long. The last post of value was many pages ago. I will claim some responsibility for moving this thread here from I&B rather than simply closing it immediately, but I had hoped that some actual sensible discussion would result. Instead we've seen the usual disintegration of any slightly duel-related thread into the exhausted circular debate between 0 mots, exp duellers and non-duellers, usually caused by an inability to accept that multliple playstyles exist and not all updates are designed to wholly cater for the one that you prefer (or the propensity of some players to be plainly antagonistic in any given conversation).

I apologise to those who were making sensible arguments, but good points are wasted in a foolish debate. I'll do us all a favour and lock this thread before it continues further off topic or embarks on another loop. I don't know which option would be more exasperating at this point.

EDIT: For the record, duelling is absolutely classed as a PvP element of the game. It was in 2008, it is today, and it's hard to believe that I've found myself even having to clarify this fact. If you insist on using the internet to find definitions of the phrase and trying to nitpick them to suit your views, try it with the opening sentence of the second paragraph from the West Wiki's duel page: "A duel is a fight between 2 players."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.