Here's an Idea: Stop changing the rules!!!

• Thread starter Jebedobidiah Johnstonson
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

New duel formula again...
Just eliminate dueling and turn it into farmville.
Then all the whiney adventures and FFers can go around hugging each other all day.
Guess the saying is true, The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
You developers are ruining the game. Quit marketing it as a dueling game. Obviously you dont want people dueling on here.

When you gonna change the rules for FFer and Adventurers? Hide the Fort Fights from them, hide jobs from the Adventures...
Give the FFers 10% of what they used to get for fort fighting rewards.
Cut the adventures skills down to 10% of what they need for jobs.

This is awful game development. I work in software development i know what it takes.
Catering to one section of your customer base and blasting the other customers is bad juju INNO.
I hope you realize what a terrible idea this is.

DeletedUser35120

In which section of the dueling changes do you find that Inno is eliminating dueling, or killing the dueling aspect of the game?

Please elaborate.

DeletedUser

They are changing the rules again for dueling. Hiding people from the duel screen...changing the duel formula...increasing the duel mot to 10%...
You ever play a game with someone and in the middle of the game they change the rules on you because you are winning? Sounds like playing monopoly with a bunch of 10-yr olds...

DeletedUser35120

Well, I- as a dueler welcome these changes. Dueling needed to be revamped from what it used to be. With these changes, especially the motivation thing - I can only see people dueling real duelers, increasing their duel level and experience a real fight, a real duel.

Ofc, hiding people from the duel screen doesn't help the cause - but you can still duel the ones you want to (if you're after someone specifically) from their profile page.

The duel formula needed a change. Melee dueling (resistance) was being overpowered by quite some margin by ranged. With these changes, we can only expect a better balance between ranged and melee dueling.

Tbh, these are not rules for dueling. Even if you still consider these rules, I think it changed for good.

DeletedUser

Duel experience has nothing to do with it. Anybody can control their duel lvl by losing. That is what the Bible weapons is for.
The best duelers are NOT the ones with the highest duel experience. The best duelers are the ones with low duel xp we all know this! Why does INNO not know this?

So now everyone just goes back to pouring all SP into aim and dodge...Great way to eliminate the usefulness of all other dueling skills.

And i duel for money also not just braggin rights. Adventures/builders/FFers carry money, they dont like being dueled? Go townless.

DeletedUser35120

Duel experience has nothing to do with it. Anybody can control their duel lvl by losing. That is what the Bible weapons is for.
The best duelers are NOT the ones with the highest duel experience. The best duelers are the ones with low duel xp we all know this! Why does INNO not know this?

Who told you that? Experience dueler actually duel the real duelers as they go higher on duel levels and meet other duelers. Whereas, the 0 mots, or 1 mot's whatever you call it now keep dueling the adventurers, workers and fort-fighters for easy wins. Yea sure you can duel them, no big deal. But don't brag about being the best duelers as 0 mots. If you want to be the best, go test your builds on people who are skilled for duels.

0 mot's maybe best in bullying poor helpless people, but they are not the best duelers for sure.

And now, let the red reps flow my way from the 0 mot supporters.. it would mean that I actually made a point.

DeletedUser

You have no clue Anny. I keep my duel lvl low so i have wider range of targets. Have you looked at a duel exp list lately? There are many people with high duel xp that have a losing record. They good duelers?
Low mot duelers dont duel only adven/ff/builders. I duel anyone in the duel screen.

You never did answer the fundamental question here. You like playing a game where the rules change on you because your doing well?

DeletedUser

I personally don't like the honor point system as it is being described in the discussion on the beta forum, for the specific reason is that it would require you to know the other players skill points in their dueling skills, which are not public for good reason.

At my level, 115, at lot of players have changed setups to do other things multiple times. If I duel a level 115, duel class character, how am I supposed to know that he is an honorable opponent, or someone who has switched to pure fort skills.

I think they should just compare character levels and give / takeaway an honor point based on the opponent being significantly higher or lower level.

The other option would be for Inno to introduce a 1-10 general ranking of all players by duel skill point allotment ( without giving away details ) that would appear on the character profile and give you an idea who would be an honorable duel or not.

I guess it probably doesn't matter to me that much as I have not initiated a duel in six months, but it seems kinda unfair as you have know idea of your opponents skill at dueling, just their level.

p.s. Other than that the changes seem fine to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The duel formula already has a "governor" in place when dueling low lvl opponents. I Have plenty of reports as evidence of the difference in damage when dueling someone significantly lower lvl and someone near or above my lvl.

Maybe they should just eliminate the ability to duel someone 40+ lvls lower than yourself. That is the root of the problem.

DeletedUser36559

Just something to add about this 'Honour value', nowadays everyone is wearing duel clothing while doing jobs so you can't tell if they are a honourable opponent or not. Obviously I'm not talking about duelers who duel regularly but those who duel occasionally. The occasional duelers wound cause their town to lose a lot of honour points accidentally till some of the players are removed from the duel tab which leaves only the duelers.

Also what exactly are the changes to resistance dueling? we can't do much without knowing exactly what's been done.

DeletedUser35120

Have you looked at a duel exp list lately? There are many people with high duel xp that have a losing record. They good duelers?

You know, you dug your own hole by saying that particular thing. Dueling is about losing and winning and not ONLY winning. If you're only winning it means you're only dueling the weak people. If you wanna brag about 10000 wins and 1 loss, we don't give a damn, cause out of those 10k wins, 9999 wins were wins against people who are not skilled for duels?

You only lose when you face a good challenger, and that's what dueling is about - Challenges.

About your so called fundamental question, If the rules change for good I would definitely play the game. If you don't like the rules, there's always the delete account button.

DeletedUser

Yeah, delete account. That's what the West needs more people leaving the game. That's a great solution for everyone.

And I won't respond to your inane, ignorant(pure definition of ignorant here you just dont know me) personal attacks again. but I will say:
You're in El Dorado...to bad you're languishing down in the lvl 60's...I'd ask you to reskill and give me a go... ;-)

DeletedUser33353

This game has always been a fluid type of game. As an old timer, I think it adds spice to have a dueling change. Bravo to Inno for doing something. If it is a positive or a negative....well, I will hold my judgement on that until I do a few ;)
See you soon Anny, wear duel gear :p

HelenBack

Part of the job of alliance duelers is to target the enemy's fort fighters to reduce the opponent's HP before battle... That's war. Hiding non-duelers (fort fighters) from the duel screen makes it more difficult to find the enemy near a battle. There is a workaround, go to the enemy saloons and find them there. However, if an alliance has 50-100 towns in it, that's a long list to go through.

If it's the duel formula that everyone had liked (prior to the first round of bad changes), then this could be a good thing... Will have to wait and see.

Increasing Duel Mot minimum from 3% to 10%...? OH HELL NO! :mad:

Forcing ZMDs to a 3% minimum was bad enough... Forcing it to 10% is going to drive away more duelers. Since removing the ability to use NPCs to lower duel mot was introduced, I am sure there are more low levels that are being beaten up by duelers trying to keep their mot low... That was a bad decision. In trying to force ZMDs to level up, they have made the most vulnerable non-duelers the target.

This whole "war on ZMDs" is bad... It's discrimination against the way some people wish to play. Most just don't want to run out of dueling targets... Sure there are some that abuse it... But there are also some alliances that hoard all the forts... So, are we going to start capping the maximum number of forts a town/alliance can own?

To all of those who fort fight... What if you suddenly were suddenly limited and only able to do one fort battle per week? What would you do? Wouldn't you be upset? Why do ZMDs have to be forced to play the game the way someone else wants them to? :mad:

This started out as a DUELING game... So many people left when the first big changes were made to dueling... Every new negative change makes more people leave...

Can someone at INNO not see the drastic drop in numbers??? Seriously! Look back in time and figure out the total numbers, what skill/rule changes, the corresponding drop in player numbers after the changes... I'm sure all of us old timers can definitely tell there are a lot fewer people now... And we don't even have to crunch numbers... Play this game on a daily (or nearly daily) basis and you can see it... From the number of people available to duel, to the attendance at fort battles.

I used to enjoy the game... Way back in the ol' w9 and w10 days... before the ability to buy skills (just a whole lotta badness there...)... Before v2.0... And even earlier... Before Forts... Before PANTS!!!

Now... I'm just here because of the people I've met... The more that leave... the less likely I'll stay.
:tumble:

Also... Why change the rules after people have joined the game? It certainly isn't the same game that I joined and fell in love with... I came here from another game... brought here by some friends that I met there... I told them "I'll only have time to play one world, part time."... Now I'm in 12 worlds... And ready to throw in the towel.
:(

DeletedUser

Yeah, delete account. That's what the West needs more people leaving the game. That's a great solution for everyone.

And I won't respond to your inane, ignorant(pure definition of ignorant here you just dont know me) personal attacks again. but I will say:
You're in El Dorado...to bad you're languishing down in the lvl 60's...I'd ask you to reskill and give me a go... ;-)

Yet you failed to point out the wrongs in that logic. So who's really ignorant?

DeletedUser36979

Forcing ZMDs to a 3% minimum was bad enough... Forcing it to 10% is going to drive away more duelers. Since removing the ability to use NPCs to lower duel mot was introduced, I am sure there are more low levels that are being beaten up by duelers trying to keep their mot low... That was a bad decision. In trying to force ZMDs to level up, they have made the most vulnerable non-duelers the target.

This whole "war on ZMDs" is bad... It's discrimination against the way some people wish to play. Most just don't want to run out of dueling targets... Sure there are some that abuse it... But there are also some alliances that hoard all the forts... So, are we going to start capping the maximum number of forts a town/alliance can own?

Do like other low-mots; lower your motivation with bible-duels, which also will lower you duel-experience.

If ZMD's playstyle should be allowed without restrictions, then the Job-KO'ing playstyle should also be allowed...
InnoGames have said that ZMD and Job-KO'ing are not an intended playstyle, so they do something about it.

If I had a say on the matter, duel-motivation would reset to 100 every 24 hours (construction too), the cap on motivation removed, but it would be 0 motivation = no duel, no work, no construction...

DeletedUser

If I had a say on the matter, duel-motivation would reset to 100 every 24 hours (construction too), the cap on motivation removed, but it would be 0 motivation = no duel, no work, no construction...
Have to disagree with you on the Construction point. If Motivation for Construction reset to 100% at midnight game-time, it would become physically impossible to get the 'Construction Fool' achievement. A little fun one that I struggled to achieve.

DeletedUser30417

The best duelers are the ones with low duel xp we all know this! Why does INNO not know this?

Because it isn't true. Being a ZMD doesn't make you automatically a good dueler. ZMD's might have very good dueling records, but racking up wins against easy targets doesn't account in anyway for skill. I've been a ZMD as well in the past, so I know first hand that you don't need to be good at dueling to be a succesful ZMD. It just takes a lot of effort to keep your motivation down.

Unfortunately nowadays actual skills have very little to do with how succesful you can be as any type of dueler. It's all about who has the best gear.

DeletedUser35120

You can never respond when you don't have anything logical to say. And you can say whatever you want to, if you take what I said before as personal attacks then I'm sorry you need to re-read the definition of those two words.

Sorry, but I don't play that world anymore.
http://prntscr.com/80o54x
That world is just too boring... and moreover I don't have time for a third world. Maybe you can come visit me in Dakota instead. ;) Although I don't brag being a great dueler. It's okay if you win... or maybe even lose. Dueling, again as I said is about both - winning and losing. Not only just winning.

See you soon Anny, wear duel gear :p

Game on, Kidd :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.