Hell's Guide to Fort Wars

DeletedUser

Hell, as there were some changes (and there will be more with 1.27 update) some things should be updated like:
- chat (that only captains and generals can write in game chat, traitors cant see what written). In addition to game chat i find it very helpful to set up external chat where in game chat is used for orders and battle related information and external chat for chatting, posting hits, ko's, etc.
- its VERY useful to have one or more sub commanders who would help commander especially in big battles. Their main job is to order people who do not follow orders personally or need help (like rotation in towers). Personally i like all participants on my side to being able to talk during the battle when its needed.
- Another thing - rotation in towers. Its a must for winning. From 1.27 update now it will be possible to rotate in towers (walls,same sector) without one person making free space first when both people who want to rotate select each others place.

DeletedUser

if you get on that map you either chose where to move, or it move automatically towards the flag?

DeletedUser

It only moves you automatically towards the flag if you do not chose a target as an attacker. If you chose a target, it moves you to the targeted place and from there on you stay in that place until you chose to move by yourself. If you are online, it doesn't move you any longer.
As a defender, not choosing a target will not move you anywhere. If you are not online and you don't chose a target as a defender, you stay in the place you lined up before the battle started.

DeletedUser

but if you chose as an attacker, it's a head-on rush towards the flag?

aaah yea...nvm

edit: yea I didn't see the ,,attacker'' word

DeletedUser

Well, i got a question.
If there are 4 privates stacked on each other in the tower, how is it decided, who is geting the spot ?

Deleted User - 1278415

also note if the 1st person chose that spot.. gets it... but if you change your gear then you loose your spot as you chose your spot 4th now. Im going off of the bold text coloring to show who has priority over the spot.

I had bold text on my name on a spot and I changed my gear and I noticed I was no longer in bold text as being the ranked person for that spot.

DeletedUser20647

When did this change (again)?

I am pretty sure it's not who got there first but who is a townmember of the towns that are in that fort, followed by leadership, etc.

Deleted User - 1278415

we are talking about people who have the same ranking
Example 2 privates not part of the fort towns.

it has been awhile since I saw what I suggested above in changing gear and loosing spot.. that was about 2-3 months ago.

DeletedUser

If join order was added back into the equation, which it very well might have been, because I was bumped by someone from another town on w12 the other day when it was my town's attack, it would be nice if someone told us these things.

Of course w12+ also seems to have some different rules. Besides that one, the maps are different with walls having more sectors. Something that's not included in server settings, but they seem to have stopped using the server settings info to tell us the differences since new world premiums and job length changed.

DeletedUser

Hell, as there were some changes (and there will be more with 1.27 update) some things should be updated like:
- chat (that only captains and generals can write in game chat, traitors cant see what written). In addition to game chat i find it very helpful to set up external chat where in game chat is used for orders and battle related information and external chat for chatting, posting hits, ko's, etc.
- its VERY useful to have one or more sub commanders who would help commander especially in big battles. Their main job is to order people who do not follow orders personally or need help (like rotation in towers). Personally i like all participants on my side to being able to talk during the battle when its needed.
- Another thing - rotation in towers. Its a must for winning. From 1.27 update now it will be possible to rotate in towers (walls,same sector) without one person making free space first when both people who want to rotate select each others place.
Hi Lokiju, as I'm planning on making some updates soon, I figured it was time to respond to this. :)

Aye, I'll add a few more comments about chat use. As to troop rotation, that's a tactical issue, which I opted not to cover. I focused on strategies and communication. Individual and group tactics for fort wars is a huge book and not something I'm inclined to write up anytime soon. I've never been much for the "what if" question/answer scene, and there's a counter to everything. Provision of strategies allows for better fort wars overall, which was sufficient in my book. Application of tactics is something more along the lines of individual, town, or alliance approaches that give them an edge here or there.

DeletedUser

That's something some of us called Push battles.
In order to get an item from a fort, some players deliberately brought the money, died, and the engine converted a part of the money from the dead to items.
But with the last update the fort rewards system is changed. Now items in forts do not depend on the cash. So push fort battels... Don't exist anymore.

I should add...
Yet.
;)

DeletedUser

But with the last update the fort rewards system is changed. Now items in forts do not depend on the cash. So push fort battels... Don't exist anymore.

I should add...
Yet.
;)

How u know that?
Changed fort battle looting, new improved secret formula!

Does it mean you know the secret formula? ;)

DeletedUser27765

If you initate an atack how can you put oder towns to atack that fort?

DeletedUser

Nohow. Any other player that belongs to a town can come and join your cause. Any except players from town(s) that currently own that fort.
You can use shared ingame forums and telegrams to friends and make sure they know there is a fight going on later and you'd like to see them on your side. ;)