Resolved Heavy labor fishing quest

Michael-X

Okay, so last night I equipped the fishing rod and accepted the Heavy labor fishing quest from Henry Walker. Fished for 2 hours and then again for 2 hours but could not complete it due to low energy. Logged off and logged back on this morning at about 8am CDT. Got a message saying I get 22 exp for signing in, looks like some changes were applied overnight.

Anyway, when I went back into quests, I noticed that the fishing quest no longer appears as an open quest under Henry Walker. I'm thinking the quest is gone so of course the curse words start flying. But then I see that the quest is there under his name in the Quest book, only its grayed out.

Can anyone tell me what might be going on? Do I need to reequip the fishing rod before completing the last 2 hours? Or will this wipe out the 4 hours I've already put in?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

DeletedUser618

You need to have the fishing rod equipped for the quest to be active.

Michael-X

Yeah, that's the problem. Checked my inventory and the fishing rod is equipped. I'm afraid if I drop it and then reequip it I'll lose the 4 hours completed that are showing up under the quest.

DeletedUser618

No, you can change products in the slot and not lose the time you have put into quest. But you must have fishing rod equipped to finish quest.

DeletedUser

Please don't let it be over lvl 5 because that's 4 hours of wasted energy.

DeletedUser

I'm guessing the req is level 10, but that's just a guess. Sorry, bad timing. :)

DeletedUser

No, I mean bad timing because you started before the update and tried to finish after. Would you post if the req is level 10?

DeletedUser

Sorry but I must say this - it is not level 10. And I can't say what level it is - I already took it before the update. But my townmate is level 10 and finally got the rod just to discover he is not able to do the quest yet.
I'll repost when we find out on what level you can do it.

DeletedUser

Damn, sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. I'm afraid it could be much higher if it's not level 10. Level 22 is the lowest level where completing a Heavy Labor quest isn't guaranteed to get you a level.

DeletedUser

well thanks, i went and sold a spare fishing rod, when i saw that the quest had greyed out i thought it had something to do with selling rod, all that time and energy wasted. and i still have the reward to look forward to. woohoo.

DeletedUser

Level requirement is not lvl 14 for sure - trying to get it on Beta.

DeletedUser

I had a problem with this as well.
I had completed the quest, and had it on standby, to complete it when I needed a push and some cash. When I equipped the Rod, nothing happened.

Naturally, I got a little pissed, so I sent in a bug report ingame, and had this confirmed by the game team.
There is a level cap on this quest.
It won't be available until level 20 now, to avoid unfair advantages.

DeletedUser

That should have been done a long time ago, before W12 started...
Too many with unfair advantages...over 10 people with level 10+ after the first day, and 5+ towns...
That takes about a week for active players...

DeletedUser

I don't like it - many players got the awsome advantage on w12 and new ones won't be able to repeat it.
This should have been left as it is till w13.

DeletedUser

That should have been done a long time ago, before W12 started...
Too many with unfair advantages...over 10 people with level 10+ after the first day, and 5+ towns...
That takes about a week for active players...

uhhh, no. People can get to lvl 10 in a day without it, I did it on w9. It's not incredibly challenging, but it is hard. Not gonna try on w12 though.