Has Appearance become less effective recently?

DeletedUser

A few of my duellers are App/Aim build and recently I have noticed it seems to be not playing such a part in duelling - especially my char on w12.

I will not give exact numbers, as it is my build, but my Aim is a number in the range of 100-180 and my App is in the same range. I noticed after the update App just didn't seem to be making an impact, so started a few daft duel tests.

Firstly I found a few Premium Soldiers wearing Tactics gear, and just going by their gear alone they had roughly 40 tactics each so that would be 60 without and 80 with Prem - and that is before we factor in any SP they have in that area. I hit 3 times on 2 of them and 4 times on the 4rd ... they hit me at least 5 times each.

Then I went for a few dueller class geared up in full offensive gear - all shooting and Appearance - and noticed pretty much the same results. I was hitting less than them, but worse they were hitting me on my Dodge side, which sort of hinted that their Aim was not being affected in the slightest by my App.

After that I went for 3 full on Pure Builders, 2 were even carrying crowbars, the other a Sharp Machete *nb: I didn't like doing this, but wanted to test it out* .... I hit 5-6 times each, but strangely they hit me 4-5 times each back. Again, a lot of those were on my Dodge side. As a Pure Builder I was assuming they had 0 Aim - none of their gear had + Aim - as my Pure Builder had nothing but Str and Con.

So basically, it seemed like not only was my App having little to no effect, but also I was getting hit by 0 Aim Worker classes. Anyone else notice anything odd, or is it really just all in my head?

DeletedUser16628

yes I have noticed and it is affecting my w-13 build among a few others.thought it was my imagination until I started seeing other threads about the same thing.

DeletedUser

i have only been getting hit on my dodge side lately , by all classes, and am adapt at the dueling classes

DeletedUser

hmmmmm I have not yet noticed this. I'm gonna look into it more.

DeletedUser

yes I have noticed and it is affecting my w-13 build among a few others.thought it was my imagination until I started seeing other threads about the same thing.

Thank God lol I was seriously just starting to think I was imagining it. Please look into it more, Ken, as the more input on this, the better.

DeletedUser16628

I'm going to move skills into dodge even more to compensate it's forcing me into this as I see it that's all that's left to do.

DeletedUser9470

my w10 build relys a lot on dodge and im not having many problems, theres been a slight increase on me getting hit but not by much.

DeletedUser

I haven't seen any signs, in any worlds, that the dueling system changed. There has always been a random factor to dueling, and in my experience you need to combine several of the dueling skills for any of them to be really effective.

DeletedUser

I've noticed the same thing, I've always relied on high appearance and high aim in W2 and I've been loosing a lot more duels offensively this past month. I've been getting hit more and more on the offensive side and thought is was just me, but now I'm wondering the same thing as you all.

I recently took 20 out of appearance and placed it in dodge to see if it would help... and it has quite a bit actually.

DeletedUser16628

I'm doing the same bringing dodge over 50 + on a level 42 soldier just added 24 points.

DeletedUser23359

i dont think app. has helped my building in any way... i tried testing it on W12 after reading this thread (i reskilled) but didnt help at all... :l

DeletedUser

Unfortunantly for all you guys switching from appearence to dodge, you might lose some jobs as dodge gives no labor points to any of them. But I'm guessing that if you are doing that your character is already built up and you only use it to duel.

DeletedUser

Unfortunantly for all you guys switching from appearence to dodge, you might lose some jobs as dodge gives no labor points to any of them. But I'm guessing that if you are doing that your character is already built up and you only use it to duel.

that's my case... as long as i can hunt grizzlies, mercenary, construct the manor house, and serve in the army.... I'm good :)

DeletedUser

I am convinced now that Appearance is nowhere near as effective as Tactics when it comes to duelling, and as such two of my Appearance duellers have switched the SP from App into other skills .. and boy has it helped. It might be just a huge run of bad luck, but for me App definitely seemed borked.

DeletedUser

Well Art, Appearance is a help for both jobs & dueling.Appearance is like the max hit you're going hit, it's unknown.That appearance is the reason you hit higher.

DeletedUser

For all you know, these might just be coincidence that your appearance is not high enough along with dodge........ that's a far-cry because a few of you have posted that your having this problem.

Try dueling a friend that is happy to tell you his/her app/tactics, see what you make of it, I haven't played this game for some time, I restarted a few weeks ago, from experience though, there was times I hit a lot with 0 appearance and times I never got hit with 0 dodge and 0 tactics, other times I would get a whooping from the same guys, it seems like luck plays a big part.

I experimented with a mate, both melee, both resistant and both 0 tactics/0dodge..... you know the rest, we dueled all head shots and both agreed to not dodge, we both missed from time to time and no one won a duel in defence.
I looked more into it and I think you get 5 attack/defence bonus minimum, i.e you roll against their defence (if attacking) from 1-5 and they roll against your attack of 1-5 (minimum that is), only difference they will have a greater number to roll, could be 1-80 or 1-300, chances are you are more likely to win with a 1-300 roll but the possibility is there all the time that you won't hit because you may roll a 4 against their 5, it's a long shot but still a possibility.

Like I say, I haven't played for 6-7 month so things might have changed.