Harvest time discussion thread

vampyr

"Chance to win the prize" ... so this is a contest ? I thought we just needed to join the group to have the reward (as in Valentine's event : we just had to like the page to have a Josephine fan) ....

This is from the facebook group

" We will soon run a contest here in our Facebook Group where you will have the chance to win it
1f642.png
."

So yes, it seems it will be a contest and only a select few will be able to get that set completed.

Prljavi Hari

@Syntex @mnnielsen - when is 'one-hit KO' going to be removed as a quest requirement altogether? It's a real pain in the backside & what's even worse, to some extent it encourages pushing which, as far as I'm aware, is forbidden/a bannable offense?

If not, can you at least word it properly, seeing as how it's not only required to be a one hit, but the very first one as well? i.e. if you miss the first round, then hit the 2nd & KO someone, it is not registered as a one-hit KO, which makes absolutely no sense according to the current in-game wording.

Tucker Blue

Well it's Tuesday......no quests yet. So if you haven't fixed it yet then that's an ALLEGED 9 days. Yesterday's update did nothing.

Pankreas PorFavor

No because the KO hit has to be by the very first hit

That is exactly what Thanatoss wrote - 1st round KO. And current requirement is described as "One hit duel victory". If I hit my opponent only once (e.g. in 4th round) and he misses all his shots - that's one hit, and it was a victory.
"One hit duel victory" is when you hit the opponent once (in any round) and win the duel.
"1st round KO" describes only what is actually needed to fulfill the quest requirement - knock out your opponent by hitting them in the first round. I don't know why any other description for this quest requirement would be used, but I guess vague and imprecise descriptions are "more challenging"?

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Well it's Tuesday......no quests yet. So if you haven't fixed it yet then that's an ALLEGED 9 days. Yesterday's update did nothing.

we had to delay the update, If we had let it rund through, then there would be a problem for all who use Apple products, then they wouldn't be able to play, but it its scheduled for today

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
That is exactly what Thanatoss wrote - 1st round KO. And current requirement is described as "One hit duel victory". If I hit my opponent only once (e.g. in 4th round) and he misses all his shots - that's one hit, and it was a victory.
"One hit duel victory" is when you hit the opponent once (in any round) and win the duel.
"1st round KO" describes only what is actually needed to fulfill the quest requirement - knock out your opponent by hitting them in the first round. I don't know why any other description for this quest requirement would be used, but I guess vague and imprecise descriptions are "more challenging"?

It is not counted as a one hit when its in the 3rd round, only as the very first hit.... I think its rather accurate, and personally I hate them

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Wait what

Would love a better adaptation for mobile devices since we don't get a mobile app but yea

I know, and I have added it to every weekly repport since I 'popped up' here - and yes if we had run the update yesterday as planned, it would have affected all Apple users, so their game had crashed - we thought it would be better to delay the update one more day and then run a fix for the whole shabang at the same time :)

RaiderTr

I mean even if they only prevent keyboard pop-up to every single thing, it will be of great help to mobile users.

Some scripts actually have features that help to mobile users as well.
But running scripts on mobile devices is an issue on its own..

SB.access

Why do I feel like the issues with Apple devices are because they are too advanced to handle old scripts :-D :-D

I mean even if they only prevent keyboard pop-up to every single thing, it will be of great help to mobile users.
The west has a lot of input by keyboard sadly, so even preventing some of them will make them unusable. Chats, minimap, market, Inventory search, leaderboards, telegrams,. :-D too many i guess.

Actually, imo, the problem is the auto-scale of the game screen when keyboard pops up, not the keyboard pop up feature itself. because we need it after all.
If the game screen can stay the same (fit to the screen size) even when the keyboard pops up, then there won't be a problem playing with the current system I believe. but I wonder if that's something the browser game programmer can alter, or fixed setting from the mobile browser :huh:

SB.access

This is from the facebook group

" We will soon run a contest here in our Facebook Group where you will have the chance to win it
1f642.png
."

So yes, it seems it will be a contest and only a select few will be able to get that set completed.
Well, now that the contest is up, guess it's doable for everyone, but for a limited number of users it seems, so better be quick i guees.

Clever Hans

Why do I feel like the issues with Apple devices are because they are too advanced to handle old scripts :-D :-D

The west has a lot of input by keyboard sadly, so even preventing some of them will make them unusable. Chats, minimap, market, Inventory search, leaderboards, telegrams,. :-D too many i guess.

Actually, imo, the problem is the auto-scale of the game screen when keyboard pops up, not the keyboard pop up feature itself. because we need it after all.
If the game screen can stay the same (fit to the screen size) even when the keyboard pops up, then there won't be a problem playing with the current system I believe. but I wonder if that's something the browser game programmer can alter, or fixed setting from the mobile browser :huh:

Even more reasons to implement some useful functions from the scripts to game code. It is sad that in 2021 we still can´t change the font color in chat without using a script...

RaiderTr

Well you are not wrong but prevention of automatic pop-up will help tons alone.

Like I click on a nick and it popups the keyboard for whatever reason.

Or opening minimap.
I mean maybe I just want to view certain county for quest giver/market items/Forts or something and not a job.

Prljavi Hari

It is not counted as a one hit when its in the 3rd round, only as the very first hit.... I think its rather accurate, and personally I hate them

Forgive me, but how is this accurate? Semantically & linguistically speaking, it's quite the opposite - if a duel has 8 rounds, like it does, and my opponent misses all 8 rounds while I hit him once in, let's say, 6th round and KO him, it is quite literally a ONE-hit duel victory & that should count towards the quest completion, whereas the current mechanic requires you to KO your opponent in the very first round, hence the wording being incorrect.

NovaStar

think of it like in a ff...you "shoot and miss" hence, first round a miss is counted as a hit (shoot) and miss (they merely dodged it); therefore, if you ko in 2nd or 3rd round, etc...it's not a one-hit victory.

Prljavi Hari

think of it like in a ff...you "shoot and miss" hence, first round a miss is counted as a hit (shoot) and miss (they merely dodged it); therefore, if you ko in 2nd or 3rd round, etc...it's not a one-hit victory.

I get what you're saying, but it still doesn't change the fact that the description is at the very least ambiguous & misleading. Based on the above, wouldn't it make a lot more sense to change it to "first round hit" duel victory, instead of a "one-hit"? Or better yet, you know, throw the damn quest out completely?

^ worst.logic.ever.

It doesn't say one "shoot and miss", it says "one hit".
An attempted shot, is not a hit.
A hit is a hit.

If someone takes a swing at me and I dodge it, they didn't hit me!
If I dodge 7 times, and then they hit me in their 8th attempt and knock me out cold, that's a one-hit KO!

1630521494079.png

1630521480785.png

Last edited: