Harvest time discussion thread

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
So if you got 30 coins last year you can't get any this year?

RaiderTr

Personally I have a question about this event : in the presentation topic, it's written we can find Wheat Ears at any jobs on the map, and Rye Ears "while doing harvesting jobs on the map" : that means we can't find Rye Ears everywhere but only at specified jobs ? If yes : are these jobs the ones beginning by "harvest" or something like that ? what about "harvest chili peppers" (which begins by "harvest" but isn't in a "field" location), or for example "picking oranges" (which doesn't begin by "harvest" but is in a field) ? Sorry if the answer is obvious for everyone else lol.
Apparently there is this:

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Unfortunately the event is bugged. I don't get the duel quest and another quest says I don't fulfil the requirements even though I do
You can collect a max. of 30 coins, if you have already did, no duel mini-event related quests will be available.

The duel quest is in the Saloon, with daily tasks pinned to the pole, right side from Waupee.

The one where you don't fulfill the requirements - I have that too. I think it's because it's the repeatable version of the quest, and the announcement says: The questline from 2020 is available again for those who haven't completed it yet! A repeatable part will be also available between 1st September and 9th September, this will be accessible for those who have completed the questline last year.
I'm having problems accepting the quest "Every helping hand is welcome (Harvest Time)" at Angus, and that is something I already competed last year, so my guess is that on 1st of September I will be able to accept it as a repeatable version.
On one hand I like that I can see that the quest is there even if I can't start it, because if I didn't see it, I would forget about it in 2 weeks. I would prefer if the message was more clear than "you don't fulfill the requirements". I hope that our CM can confirm that we need to wait until September, and not that we're missing some other requirement, or that it's bugged.
As @Harriet Oleson said there is a time requirement: This quest is only available between 06:00 and 11:30 o'clock. And you also need to at Wilson's Farm.

Hi,

You have access to the duel quest in the task board only if you accept first the quest from John. And about the requirements, for the "Every helping hand is welcome" quest, on tw-calc it's said we can access the quest only between 6 and 11:30 am, so we can only accept the quest tomorrow morning ...

Personally I have a question about this event : in the presentation topic, it's written we can find Wheat Ears at any jobs on the map, and Rye Ears "while doing harvesting jobs on the map" : that means we can't find Rye Ears everywhere but only at specified jobs ? If yes : are these jobs the ones beginning by "harvest" or something like that ? what about "harvest chili peppers" (which begins by "harvest" but isn't in a "field" location), or for example "picking oranges" (which doesn't begin by "harvest" but is in a field) ? Sorry if the answer is obvious for everyone else lol.

[Edit : correction of 2 big mistakes in english; it has bothered me since I have posted /o\ ]

You can find the list of jobs where you can receive the Rye Ear, along with a lot of useful information about our event on our Knowledge Base section.

Barnstable

Same old drivel. Quest items should be droppable until you get enough, instead of dropping useless tat.

Can't be difficult to make enough quest items drop.

Now have 16 potions of forgetfulness and far too many Red liquids (24 and counting!!)- USELESS

Last edited:

Abydos1

Is it me or only the PvP dueling dailies showing up? I haven't seen a bandit duel daily yet I even cancelled and accepted the Harvester weapon quest from the Sheriff and it still doesn't show up...was this intended or not? Harvest Event daily quests

PrancingPurplePony

@Abydos1 according to what I was told in beta, you can only do each of the duel quests three times, so if you did any of them three times last year, you won't get those this year.
Since there are only three bandit duels in the event and they reward a single coin each those of us that only do bandit duels will never be able to finish this quest or get any of the prizes

Abydos1

Wow I didn't know that...meaning only the dueling ones I didn't do last year will show up plus it has to be done on the specific day. That's just brutal...

OlliePie

I love a quest but I am bored of the repeats every year.
Give us something once we hit 150 such as choosing another craft that we can make but perhaps not sell on. But a challenge do something with the old sets that drop and we end up with 50 thousand sleepy hats but can't upgrade and the set is useless.... Don't get me wrong I love all the junk and the sets but I want to use them not just store them and get laughed at when I trot one out for a fort fight. Admittedly the world I use those on is on life support but again quite possibly down to the neglect of inno. Breath life back onto the old stuff. Make it usable and newer players will be able to compete without having to upgrade within the life of a set or click and burn out to be able to play at a level.
We all have ideas, we all moan, we all play the game, we will all leave at some point through sheer boredom no matter how much we love the game.
Anyway this is so far off my remit and how I play the game. So my gob is now shut...
Normal service will resume and continue as you where...
Also Mr Syntex any news on my England belt, don't like to make a fuss but I fear a poem coming on to release the flow...
Kindest of regards
Ollie

SB.access

@Abydos1 according to what I was told in beta, you can only do each of the duel quests three times, so if you did any of them three times last year, you won't get those this year.
Since there are only three bandit duels in the event and they reward a single coin each those of us that only do bandit duels will never be able to finish this quest or get any of the prizes
So, literally we have to be an "unfair" dueler to be able to get all of 30 coins from harvester duel quest. Either by being a skilled dueler, or be a manager that plans a total arrangement of fixed duels.

vampyr

So if you join the facebook group you only have a chance to win the ox?

What a terrible idea!!!!

Jesus, just let people complete some sets instead of making one piece unobtainable.

Clever Hans

So if you join the facebook group you only have a chance to win the ox?

What a terrible idea!!!!

Jesus, just let people complete some sets instead of making one piece unobtainable.

It is indeed ridiculous, especially with all the issues about leaks of personal data from Facebook in the recent years..
I hope that Inno is taking these issues seriously because linking of personal info on Facebook with account names is not in line with GDPR.

Poker Alice

It is indeed ridiculous, especially with all the issues about leaks of personal data from Facebook in the recent years..
I hope that Inno is taking these issues seriously because linking of personal info on Facebook with account names is not in line with GDPR.
In complete agreement on risk factor. I never liked the face book from the beginning and avoided using it in the past, now even more so. It amazing me how people will give up their privacy rights for the smallest reason.

My question here is what is the idea around linking to it? Really unsure.
  1. use fadbook to get free advertising/more internet interest ?
  2. connect players together in a more real-life personal way?
  3. open players up to personal attack or personal hacking of their information?
I hope not #3, suspect it is #1

Clever Hans

In complete agreement on risk factor. I never liked the face book from the beginning and avoided using it in the past, now even more so. It amazing me how people will give up their privacy rights for the smallest reason.

My question here is what is the idea around linking to it? Really unsure.
  1. use fadbook to get free advertising/more internet interest ?
  2. connect players together in a more real-life personal way?
  3. open players up to personal attack or personal hacking of their information?
I hope not #3, suspect it is #1

I suppose that if you are about to receive the reward on the server you play, you are asked to provide your account name by messaging TW Facebook account from your Facebook account. What they do with that info and how they process it and for which purpose, I don´t know..