Harvest time discussion thread

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
How? It's a full-time job trying to complete a these requirements. These events are why I'm going into vacation mode in all worlds except one. Less worlds, less spending nuggets for premium chars, less revenue for inno.

agree it takes a lot of energy on the different worlds - I try to hang in as best I can on the 'too many worlds' I am on ;-)

RaiderTr

I've been asking for about a year for Inno to give those Event stuff from PvP features too but they seem to be happy with their "Click simulator"

Darkuletzz

I want to give my opinion on this. Being a player that enjoyed The game for so long. I am în a period (well thats not sound so great) that i am too tired, burned out and bored the f.o. of this game. I know this îs not because of our new CM, but we really need another boring clicking event that drive The People away from the only thing this game its all about, duels and ff.
AND by The end of event we Will receive same old s*** Harvest set în store that right now its out dated. Well he was out dated before too. Vaquero just play ping pong with this set and win 11-0.
Why we can not put something significant, like a new usefull set for attackers, or level 200 or some ff /duel events. Why we always need clicking event... This clicking events are too boring for 99% of the players and just drive people away. Give us something new. Something that we really need. This îs The most no needed event this year.
To give you an example: The st Patrick event was one of the best... And you now give us again some... Well you know the name

Abydos1

Ummm Dark the St. Patrick event was a burnout event...but yeah the clicky events are really annoying but at least this one is just a replay which means most of us don't even have to partake in it. I'm curious to see how things are when Wilson is distributed but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't seriously consider implementing Goober's plan to increase attacking numbers to balance the fort battles.

join your FB group? I don't have a FB account and I don't plan to get one. why are people who don't use it excluded?
I just created one for just the-west and using my game name. Membership still pending :D

St Patrick alone was burnout. Trying to juggle the Clover + Erie (sp?) quests is ridiculous. So next year, the new server chars will need to do 3 years of quest requirements + whatever else inno dreams up in the same amount of time? Harvest events will be the same :(

Darkuletzz

Ummm Dark the St. Patrick event was a burnout event...but yeah the clicky events are really annoying but at least this one is just a replay which means most of us don't even have to partake in it. I'm curious to see how things are when Wilson is distributed but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't seriously consider implementing Goober's plan to increase attacking numbers to balance the fort battles.
Well. You have a mission everyday for a ff. You receive 5 coins or something. That was very cool.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
join your FB group? I don't have a FB account and I don't plan to get one. why are people who don't use it excluded?
We wanted to create something for those who are active also on the Facebook Group, it is like with forum contests, if you want to take part in it, you need an account. But of course, we understand that you do not want to create an account just for that. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

I just created one for just the-west and using my game name. Membership still pending :D
Please make sure you accept the group rules, I am sure Social Media Team will approve all requests as soon as possible.

Pankreas PorFavor

We wanted to create something for those who are active also on the Facebook Group, it is like with forum contests, if you want to take part in it, you need an account. But of course, we understand that you do not want to create an account just for that. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Forum contests are something else, game account and forum account are connected and very much related. FB and The West are not.
I don't mind if you make events for players who are also present on FB, but it should be possible to obtain the same items in other ways - e.g. through forum competitions or in-game. It doesn't need to be at the same time, of course, it's ok if FB has priority and the rest of us can get it a few weeks/months later.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Unfortunately the event is bugged. I don't get the duel quest and another quest says I don't fulfil the requirements even though I do

Pankreas PorFavor

Unfortunately the event is bugged. I don't get the duel quest and another quest says I don't fulfil the requirements even though I do

The duel quest is in the Saloon, with daily tasks pinned to the pole, right side from Waupee.

The one where you don't fulfill the requirements - I have that too. I think it's because it's the repeatable version of the quest, and the announcement says: The questline from 2020 is available again for those who haven't completed it yet! A repeatable part will be also available between 1st September and 9th September, this will be accessible for those who have completed the questline last year.
I'm having problems accepting the quest "Every helping hand is welcome (Harvest Time)" at Angus, and that is something I already competed last year, so my guess is that on 1st of September I will be able to accept it as a repeatable version.
On one hand I like that I can see that the quest is there even if I can't start it, because if I didn't see it, I would forget about it in 2 weeks. I would prefer if the message was more clear than "you don't fulfill the requirements". I hope that our CM can confirm that we need to wait until September, and not that we're missing some other requirement, or that it's bugged.

Harriet Oleson

Hi,

You have access to the duel quest in the task board only if you accept first the quest from John. And about the requirements, for the "Every helping hand is welcome" quest, on tw-calc it's said we can access the quest only between 6 and 11:30 am, so we can only accept the quest tomorrow morning ...

Personally I have a question about this event : in the presentation topic, it's written we can find Wheat Ears at any jobs on the map, and Rye Ears "while doing harvesting jobs on the map" : that means we can't find Rye Ears everywhere but only at specified jobs ? If yes : are these jobs the ones beginning by "harvest" or something like that ? what about "harvest chili peppers" (which begins by "harvest" but isn't in a "field" location), or for example "picking oranges" (which doesn't begin by "harvest" but is in a field) ? Sorry if the answer is obvious for everyone else lol.

[Edit : correction of 2 big mistakes in english; it has bothered me since I have posted /o\ ]

Last edited:

Pankreas PorFavor

Hi,

You have access to the duel quest in the task board only if you accept first the quest from John. And about the requirements, for the "Every helping hand is welcome" quest, on tw-calc it's said we can access the quest only between 6 and 11:30 am, so we can only accept the quest tomorrow morning ...

Personally I have a question about this event : in the presentation topic, it's written we can find Wheat Ears at any jobs on the map, and Rye Ears "while doing harvesting jobs on the map" : that's mean we can't find Rye Ears everywhere but only at specified jobs ? If yes : are these jobs the ones beginning by "harvest" or something like that ? what about "harvest chili papers" (which begins by "harvest" but isn't in a "field" location), or for example "picking oranges" (which doesn't begin by "harvest" but is in a field) ? Sorry if the answer is obvious for everyone else lol.

oh right, it could be the time requirement :) let's check tomorrow morning

as far as jobs for rye ears, I found this in a topic about Harvest event 2020:
https://forum.the-west.net/index.ph...ot-fulfill-the-requirements.58902/post-774279 - check the screenshot: https://prnt.sc/u14ype

Harriet Oleson

Thanks a lot !

About the time requirement, in the quest text there's only a matter of a break between noon and 2 pm; personally I thought at first I could accept it only after 2 pm, but seems like even like that we can't. Maybe we are supposed to understand this text by "if we need a break at noon, that means we began to work long berfore that" ? Only explanation I see xD Otherwise I don't know how we were supposed to know about this time restriction without going on an external website ....