Harassment

• Thread starter DeletedUser6914
  • Start date

DeletedUser6914

There's a player attacking me as often as he can it seems, he is 4-5 levels above me. Anyone got tips for me how to stop it? What to do really?

All tips are welcome.

DeletedUser

Yeah! Get a soldier/dueler from your town to lay that guy to waste. Either that, or do it yourself. I'm sure he will not stop until you retaliate successfully.

DeletedUser

It's not called harassment, it's called him trying to level up.

The answer above by Lone Ranger seem to be the best way to solve this problem, but you can always try talking to the guy nicely.

DeletedUser6914

Yeah! Get a soldier/dueler from your town to lay that guy to waste. Either that, or do it yourself. I'm sure he will not stop until you retaliate successfully.

Yeah, well, I've pretty much figured this out. So I should basically just pump my dueling skills?

I understand he needs to level, but I think he should duel against his own level, or closer, and not keep attacking the same player. Harassment might be a wrong word, but there's enough players to go around.

*edit* I've tried talking nicely, but he didn't even bother to answer.

DeletedUser

the other solution is to sit it out because his duelling level will raise so that he can't duel you in a few days

DeletedUser

OK so please explain to this noob who is actually a worker about dueling levels. Somehow although I am level 23 my dueling level is 25. I have won 4 duels (no I have no idea how sheer luck I presume) and lost 18. Now for my questions. Since my level is 25 then I have to wait until the ones attacking me are higher than 35?? Is that right? I was going to do the quests that get you those premiums where you can log 4 jobs at one time but I don't know if it is worth it or not because if I que 2 jobs and go to work then I'm attacked at least 1 if not 2 times. And I lose my money or part of it. So is it worth doing the quest or not? And anyone below dueling level 35 can attack me?

DeletedUser

First, the quest is worth doing, if for nothing else, the second part of it (extra trimmings, that you need the 3 corn, 3 beans, 3 water and 3 grain for)

You are correct, you can be attacked by anyone with a dueling level of 35 to 18. (for most duelers, that means a "real" level of about 28 to 15).

As for your getting attacked every time 1 or twice an hour, I don't see any real help. The only 3 choices I can think of are
1) string hotel visits between 2 hour jobs, log back in after 2-3 hours, deposit the money, then kill the hotel. (time consuming)
2) ask your founder/councilors to invite you back whenever they notice your not in town, and only rejoin to sleep/build (tedious)
3) Make an alliance with another town, and arrange for one of their duelers to knock you out, to give you 48 hours free. (humiliating, sometimes tough to arrange, and someone will probably make it illegal at some point)

DeletedUser

2) ask your founder/councilors to invite you back whenever they notice your not in town, and only rejoin to sleep/build (tedious)

Personally I would do a modified version of choice two.
Talk to your town's founder/councilor, than LEAVE TOWN and have them invite you back after the quest is done. A hotel only cost $10 per 8 hours and at your level, you can easily afford it. Since you are no longer a town member, you CAN'T be dueled, so are free to complete the quest.

DeletedUser

PS: Personally I would call it harassment. There are many available targets, so no need to just keep picking on you.

DeletedUser

Thank you both for the information and tips. I will see what I can arrange. And they wonder why we don't like dueling? You know what would be funny? If we could interrupt their duels and throw a job at them. Like stop the duel and go work at picking cotton for 2 hours. You have won the work duel. So and So has lost and is now picking cotton. rofl I could deal with a duel like that.

DeletedUser

You know what would be funny? If we could interrupt their duels and throw a job at them. Like stop the duel and go work at picking cotton for 2 hours. You have won the work duel. So and So has lost and is now picking cotton. rofl I could deal with a duel like that.

Maybe way in the future something like that could be added. Anyone who starts a fight and loses gets sent to jail and is forced to pick cotton for 2 hours. That would be kinda funny. I hear it's already kinda tough being a dueler though, I'm not sure it'd be fair.

The guy picking on you sounds like he could use a spot of jailtime though. Good luck with that.

DeletedUser363

Maybe way in the future something like that could be added. Anyone who starts a fight and loses gets sent to jail and is forced to pick cotton for 2 hours. That would be kinda funny. I hear it's already kinda tough being a dueler though, I'm not sure it'd be fair.

The guy picking on you sounds like he could use a spot of jailtime though. Good luck with that.

No, I don't like this idea. Duelers have it tough as it is. Why make their life harder, and besides what does cotton picking have to do with a duel?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Honestly, the best way is to get your other town members to attack his town. And not just him but all the citizens. Message the town founders/councilors to explain that they are being fought because that person is attacking too frequently. They will likely tell him to stop or cut back if it means their builders/adventurers etc are losing money.

DeletedUser

Violette has a great point.

We had a similar problem, so everyone in our town targeted his town members until we knocked them out for 48 hours.... followed by a message "You were knocked out thanks to {insert over zealous dueler here}"

Of course you should only do this if someone is attacking you over and over for days... dueling is part of the game.

Last edited by a moderator: