Feedback Happy 15th Birthday The West!

martoru

The DE Forums are kicking up a lot of ruckus about Round VI. The main contention is verification of when the public beta actually started. The contest answer claims "The West is getting a public BETA server." was in 2009 but there is evidence that it started in April 2008. So the team there is re-evaluating Round VI and will respond this Monday. That team has already responded to all entries as well.

Personally, I found that finding info for the 2008, 2009, 2013, and 2015 answers was very vague. For instance, if you just used the forums here to research you'd find conflicting information on when the Theater began, etc.

I really hope in the spirit of the event that Round VI just becomes a gimme to all that attempted it. It was the most difficult of all the tasks to complete.
in beta we recive allready what we won

here:
"Winners will be announced the latest on May 19th 2023 23:59."

Nisa4414

I have just noticed that the weapons' damage is very low. There is no per level bonus.
Sounds like a bug to me...

If you are as curious about reward statistics as I am, here you have it:

Item​
Total rewarded​
Hat​
165​
Necklace​
123​
Jacket​
117​
Belt​
130​
Pants​
131​
Shoes​
106​
Donkey​
126​
Brush​
120​
Machete​
113​
Derringer​
140​
Crossbow​
113​

Number of set items won​
Number of players​
1​
30​
2​
17​
3​
7​
4​
11​
5​
9​
6​
3​
7​
6​
8​
10​
9​
11​
10​
19​
11​
71​

Last edited:

Colin Morrigen

Hmm, shall I grumble here or write a support ticket? Dilemmas, dilemmas. :D

It's a bit like with sports: jury sports always stink, so better avoid subjective questions in a contest.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Hmm, shall I grumble here or write a support ticket? Dilemmas, dilemmas. :D

It's a bit like with sports: jury sports always stink, so better avoid subjective questions in a contest.
What's to grumble about beyond the (just barely) missed (extremely short) deadline for announcing the winners?

To the extent questions were "subjective" there was substantial generosity in the accepted answers (especially for VI);
If you feel an answer that was rejected should have been accepted, submit a support ticket and it can be reviewed -- it may simply have been a tabulation error. (the winners announcement will not be updated with credit given based on appeal)

DeletedUser15368

Will there be a way to get the missing part, or should I not bother sending the ticket?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Will there be a way to get the missing part, or should I not bother sending the ticket?
To the best of my knowledge there are no current plans for offering any part of this set to anyone who did not win it through this contest.

Annie-Bell

Congrats to winners of "Memories of west" know quite a lot unforgettable vets on overall list of winners and adored luved reading your stuff! And dont think played in worlds with some, but do know of some like etheral and caerdwyn and roffo seen in game so cool to see their stories, congrats to all.

@Caerdwyn Bonuscode 150 Nuggets
@Clever Hans Bonuscode 150 Nuggets
@Crimson Cass Bonuscode 150 Nuggets
@DJCLEPHEDRONE Bonuscode 150 Nuggets
@Ethereal Bonuscode 150 Nuggets
@Geronimo Bonuscode 150 Nuggets
@maarten909 Bonuscode 150 Nuggets
@NovaStar Bonuscode 150 Nuggets
@Roffo Snake Bonuscode 150 Nuggets

I didnt read all, tended to read ones that known in game for years, but is way to repost the highest winners from those that represented best memories of 15 years of west for us to appreciate their experiences?

Do recall some fine stories that were not submitted too, kinda wish were as caused chuckles for days :)

congrats winners,

Last edited: