Feedback Happy 15th Birthday The West!

Why a contest to get birthday presents?

Hey Johnny, here's your new birthday gear, but you're going to need to run a marathon in 5 hours, swim the english channel, and finally, solve 10 physics questions, and oh, you're going to have to finish these over a course of two weeks. And after you do that, I'm going to need to take time to double-check to make sure you logged your work. And believe me, if you make a mistake, NO PRESENT FOR YOU! BAD! BAD!

Oh, did I tell you that you're also going to compete for this present with everyone else who has the same birthday as you?

happy birthday son!

:rolleyes:

----
Yes, I'm going to participate in the contest, (depending on the requirements) but the experience will remind me on a work-daily basis that the game has drastically gone downhill.

Sad that inno has to complicate a celebration.

ps - with my feedback, there's no chance i'll win a "random" contest :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

During each round you can win one element from our unique 15th birthday set. Below you can find all bonuses. Element which you can win, will be specified in the round thread.

Does this mean that I'll get the entire set, provided I do all the tasks correctly, or does only one person get a part per round?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
During each round you can win one element from our unique 15th birthday set. Below you can find all bonuses. Element which you can win, will be specified in the round thread.

Does this mean that I'll get the entire set, provided I do all the tasks correctly, or does only one person get a part per round?

My understanding was the intent was everyone could win. I agree the wording makes that non-obvious, but I would still interpret it as all correct answers get rewarded.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Why a contest to get birthday presents?

Hey Johnny, here's your new birthday gear, but you're going to need to run a marathon in 5 hours, swim the english channel, and finally, solve 10 physics questions, and oh, you're going to have to finish these over a course of two weeks. And after you do that, I'm going to need to take time to double-check to make sure you logged your work. And believe me, if you make a mistake, NO PRESENT FOR YOU! BAD! BAD!

Oh, did I tell you that you're also going to compete for this present with everyone else who has the same birthday as you?

happy birthday son!

:rolleyes:

----
Yes, I'm going to participate in the contest, (depending on the requirements) but the experience will remind me on a work-daily basis that the game has drastically gone downhill.

Sad that inno has to complicate a celebration.

ps - with my feedback, there's no chance i'll win a "random" contest :D :D :D :D
Of course you can see this way, but then what is the point of playing any game, or doing anything in life? You have to work/make an effort for everything. This is a contest where you can win a special set. It is up to you if you think it worth the efforts for you.

Kidd Kalypso

So much of this Roland.......So, I now have to log in everyday to a deadish forum to answer in a contest to get a half assed set for a birthday celebration?
Color me unimpressed. The same as dealing with clicky speed events to get some Gringo gear...meh. May as well just pull the plug on a well thought out game....v.1.0 that is. Not this tombola scamathon church building farce.

Harriet Oleson

If all good answers are rewarded, that's rather similar to a questline in which we have to do some tasks in exchange of the items, no ? Except instead of clicking as requirements, we have to post a message.

For a celebration (and if it's really like that), I think it's it's much better like that than a real contest (=if there were only a few winners per validated task).

The thing is I have a doubt the tasks won't be unnecessarily difficult so the less possible players could win. Same with the use of the word "rounds", as if contestants have to fight against each other : this would mean not everyone could be able to win (at each round, there might be losers and winners).

I have nothing against a bit of difficulty or a real contest in normal circumstances, but as Roland Jacobs told, here it's a celebration. I'd found it a bit frustrating to not be able to win the special set even with an active participation. But well, we'll see how it goes.

In any case thanks to organise this !

FunnyGirl

When do we get new info on this? Today is the first day. If the task is complicated I hope we'll still have time to finish it.

FunnyGirl

how about getting some feedback? :D

Rounds will be published every working day from May 2nd to May 16th.
  1. Round I → May 2nd 2023

Today at 12:25 #19
The tasks are posted by InnoGames centrally on all language versions at the same time. So the first task today will be sometime during the day (I think before 6pm)

Saw that on the german forum. I guess it's a constant refresh, until they post.

TheAByss

I don't understand where should I post my answer for every round. In the support window there is no "Contest" type of ticket.