Halloween quest bug (done last year)

silentrunner007

still broken?
did the halloween quest on world 15 which i started in Feb. of this year.
got the scythe but yet i still show the quest as incomplete.

henrys "terrible truth" and "death" are shown as acceptable quests

plus Johns "you're your own biggest enemy" quest is listed as acceptable again

:blink:

gogeta2671

Still what will be done for the people that exploited it, I know of a lot of people that did the first quest 100 times, and the 2nd one 100 times as well. It isn't really fair if they get to keep all the daily quest completions yet the honest ones who stopped doing it when they realized it was a bug don't get it.
Also there are too many people to ban (and a pretty harsh punishment for this)

Suzy Q

World Colorado:
After I defeated death and got the scythe, the quest line started all over again, and I can accept all quest in random order.

Rebow

Still what will be done for the people that exploited it, I know of a lot of people that did the first quest 100 times, and the 2nd one 100 times as well. It isn't really fair if they get to keep all the daily quest completions yet the honest ones who stopped doing it when they realized it was a bug don't get it.
Also there are too many people to ban (and a pretty harsh punishment for this)
Good question.

Reddazz

I have the quest ''You're your own biggest enemy'', but I have done this before. Is this a repeatable? Been doing exploration for the composite sketch for ages, nothing, Think it is a bug.

RainShadow

On Colorado all Halloween quests that I've done at Henry and John are again listed as acceptable.

Elmyr

I have the quest ''You're your own biggest enemy'', but I have done this before. Is this a repeatable? Been doing exploration for the composite sketch for ages, nothing, Think it is a bug.
Not the first I've heard of the sketch not dropping. As far as the quests go, they aren't the same. Doing it for the first time, it's quest_id 600+, the second time around it's quest_id 20600+.

Dark Terror

I got the scythe this year, but it gave me the quests all over again. Would it be wrong to do them to get teh skill point?

Thies Windu

I am really confused by this.

So basically we are supposed to be able to do the Halloween quest line again with the exception that we get a skill point instead of the scythe?

I have been trying since yesterday to get the sketch of the evil twin but no luck. Is this quest not supposed to be possible on the 2nd go around?

Chief Thunderbird

I just finished the Halloween quest in Colorado, beat the Death and got the scythe.
Right after that the same quest (Halloween Death) from Henry came again. I thought that's some kind of error and tried do this. Now I'm KO and can't do anything for some time :(

And I've got the same problem as Thies Windu in W12. Though I got the scythe already, the quest came again and now I'm trying to find the evil twin since yestedrday without luck.

Would be very helpful to know if it's possible to find it for us or not.

But it seems to be an error in any case.

Suzy Q

You get a SP second time around with the death.
I tried 3 hours putting up posters after 4 hours exploration without the drawing.
No luck so far.

papoik

Hi guys !

Any ideas why doesn't give me the Fear quest. I'm doing the Halloween quest for the first time ?

magratea

I beat Death twice a few seconds one after another.

I got nothing.

And now Henry and the Sheriff are showing the entire storyline open again (Terrible truth, Rumors, Double dealing, Your own biggest enemy).

??

edit: Oh, I did get the sycthe, it was just not in the report. Whatever *puzzled*

bc74

doing the right job, but not getting the composite sketch. therefore, i cannot duel my evil twin.

Digix

This bugfix has been rolled out, please let us know if you encounter any further issues. You should be able to complete the Halloween questline again this year, however instead of receiving a second Death's Scythe the reward will be a skillpoint.
I'm having the same problem as many others here;

All the quests popped up at once & I was able to duel Death immediately. I went to the Ghost town, completed that quest and went to the "new" location for The Old Woman - who had no quests for me.
None of the quest items, including the composite sketch, are dropping - so I can't duel my evil twin.

I'm also still confused about whether we are supposed to be able to do the trick or treat quests again - the products aren't dropping, but I don't know if that's a bug or not.

It would really help to know what those of us who did the quests last year should and shouldn't be able to do now...

hat8u

Halloween quest

I received this tele today,

pinkprisToday at 8:53 PM
Hey post this in your town forum people are spreading rumors you cant do the Halloween quest multiple times for the free skill points.... your allowed to do it as many times until the 5th...

Request: Halloween Quest BITEME12 2011-10-30 17:09:08 ... i have completed it and it has re-appeared. can i do it again? Slygoxx 2011-10-30 17:13:09 Hello BITEME12, Yes, you can do it again. Respectfully, Slygoxx Senior Marshal BITEME12 2011-10-30 17:15:36 Thank You We're constantly looking for ways to improve our customer support experience.

so is this true we can do it or is this tele a trick or treat?

Manvilla

Another problem to add to the list. I have equipped the Candied Orange but the Treat quest is not appearing for me and when I equip the Stinky Fish the Trick quest is not appearing. I only have until 01/11/11 (today) to complete this quest or else I have to wait another year can anyone help with this? As per the QUEST help site --> http://tw-db.info/index.php?strana=quest&serie=qs_56

Suzy Q

Just got toad blood from river fishing ?!?
I have done the quest and defeated death twice.