haiti

DeletedUser11019

for those who may or may not know,,im currently studying in africa at the mo,,,i watch african tv and african news,,just like European or American news,,it tends to focus more on african situation around and in africa,,or people with like wise connections.
well this topic is closely connected to a country that has one ot two similar cultural connection,,voodoo religion as one stemming from gana region and other(port of origin)

everybody has heard about the haiti situations and problems,everybody has tried in one way or another to do something about it,,or so it may seem...lets back track a bit to what you know.

on tv you have all seen how fast a group of pop stars rock stars,movie stars have all grouped together to form a charity telephone marathon,,and we all know that most of them lead rather lavish lifestyles,,clubs,drugs,booze and other funny goings on....but personally i found it remarkable at the speed that they could all get together and form in one night,,the same night,,breaking rules and thse busy agenda like ,,to form and perform a good deed.

i found it amazing good display of people and courage really.

but that cannot be said for all,
i have a very very old girlfriend who is a paramedic,,,she lectures at the colages too.
her team was selected amongs a few and a few other volunteered to go to haiti and help out,,,,now i must remind you,,that she is very used to pulling people from twisted wrecks of cars,,in many cases she cannot understand them,,due to diverse tribal languages we have here.
but that does not stop her from doing her job,,or there jobs,,she and her team are trained for emergency situation,,havoc and war fields they call the emergency rooms,,,and to be honoust,,those are in many cases the best doctors.

now the group left for haiti,,but were found stranded at the airport in france,,due to diplomatic reasons,,the papers were not in order,,temporary passport and other were not included in the package.
this is coming from doctors to doctors about doctors...they are doing an excellent job,,but there are other situations that are blocking them hindering them from working,,and getting the certain goods they need...we have all heard them,,the supplies and other paper work..
any way,,she finale made it ther a few days later when certain things were cleared with the french embassy and other border disputes (france is strict in lait years)

now there,,most doctors are complaining about how journalist are on top of everything,,in the way and not lifting a finger,,how politicians are telling them what to do and not to do,,yet they them selves are more out for the PR or "oh im soo good on tv,let me help this starving young child"

let me repeat .
the doctors are doing excellent work with what they have,,the millitary are working like dogs sending and shipping,,flying and dropping.

but the people who are in charge and are ment to do the most,,are well...a sleeep at the wheel it may seem.

groups of doctors have banned together to go to remote areas within haiti ..where i must add...to this day...no aid nor help has been sent,,rather concentrated in the main ares....other smaller towns and villages are almost cutt off from every basic need.
70 per cent of the people in haiti are living in rural areas and not the major ports and cities.

like i said,,i watch the african news,,,so i saw a few images from one or two of these remote ares as the new news streamed in,,via via via.....and they were the first people to arrive(this was on the 12th of feb)well after the date of the earthquake.

haitians are complaining about the help,,the food and the water,,they are complaining about how come certain regions have not been reached,,why no help has arrived yet.....

if you look hard on the net,,you should find loads streaming in about now.
im not going to give you links to utube or african channels,,due to many reasons and .."you must look for your self,,"
in many case's you will find things not covered on tv,,or you never heard .....and there are many .

now lets go over the history of haiti,,i have added a few extracts that do not cover the tourist routes an other,,more detailed into its political scene and going on.

before the earth quake there was a lot of movment and political unrest in haiti,,over ellections and other lucrative sources of income.

due to its location and extreme poverty the region is under unrest and has fallen foul to certain traders,,not only of narcotics,,but also the clothing industry,,,in most cases people tend to abuse the poverty situation,,,personally i know of the clothing trade and have heard both counter argument about it,,how in one hand we are supping jobs and work,,boosting the economy,,we are in direct competition with china via the clothing prices and manufactures cost...the labour is extremely cheap.

the other argument is that the abuse that labourers have to go through,,the cost are even pushed down ,,that its impossible to even feed one self ...let alone a whole family with a days wages,,,lets not forget if they even get paid.

the lucrative trade is narcotics,,,this is due to its location,close to Colombia...using haiti ase a trade route to ship thousands of tons of cocain to the world every years,,shipped and flown by air.
within the very out dates millilitre in that region and other... the former president within that country was a priest,,and he alone was actually trying to rase the standards and the minimum wages within that country,he in turn was run out of his country by the new current president,,who in turn owns a few sweat shops and controls the area with his militia of thugs and other.
he and thugs was helped in-directly by the cia,,they trained his thugs and supplied them with m-16,,both these's action highly illegal and non productive within the region,seeing as there was a no trade zone concerning weapons,(these illigal traders are called"merchants of death"very Shakespeare huh?)there is a greater question,,why was the cia involved in the training of this group?

before we stray further away from the topic and its GDP.
lets look up the facts and not the suspicions.
the illigal recent elections frauds,,the former ones ,,the cia involvement within the region backing the WRONG side ,,with illigal arms trade.
the drug trades within that region
the very obvious sweat shops in MASS,,that even Disney was involved in,
and only untill recently has the minimum wage been increased from 38 cents to 1 dollar a day.
and last,,, the country is the favourite for illegal bank transactions for every major criminal around the globe.
even involving countries such as Canada and other greats.(also well knows for human trafficking)

lets cover the suspicions.
i was involved in creating a book that covered Russian oil and gass,,but the trail of carnage and money does not stop at the borders..it goes way further and involves people who you may and will say "him?,,yeah i could have figured"
the same people who are going through the irak inquiry right now as we speak.
the re opening of sweat shops due to comercial gain and direct competition against china,,

the media is also to blame in that case and in this one,,there jobs are to hype things up with tabloids,collems articles and anything outrageous to make the reader want to read that artcle and buy that copy,and in some cases certain media are down right lies and falsified information,,but we will skip those tabloid ones.
its not entirely the media's fault,,its there job to report certain things,,its there job to be on site and broadcast the news to the rest of the world,,its goes in certain codes of free press and information to the world,,among other things,,but there are limits to those laws.
but the limitations does not cover fraudulent coverage,,,,its when journalist feel a little lazy and dont actually go to haiti,,and post a comment apon it on there blog newspaper and the news it self.
this happens all the time,,from book publishing and other,,,im certain you have all read the back of the book scripts from the sunday times and tribune,,remarking"what a fabulous book",,"what a great read"....what they are really trying to say it,,,was too lazy to buy the book,or pick it up and go past page one.....you have ALL encountered these types of revues.

in the case of haiti,,its far worse,,if they had actually traveled there,,or had any real communication,,,there would not be a floood of last weeks events that seem to cover the same information as if photocopied home work.

but again,,its our right to know whats going on around the world,on certain issues,there is good press and there is bad press.

most people go on and on about how generous they are for large donations and how great amd the propaganda based charities,,i could explain,,but will leave that for another topic(for another topic)
i dont,,,i have worked for a great deal of charities in the past,,and in every occurrence have come across some double edged sword..forked tongue,,double play,,,and not to mention donations above a certain amount is tax deductible.

but in reality,,the world is not all generous and with well to do people,,just like an arms industry wishes for war,,so do charity benifits,,,i have seen personally charity events rise entire towns from rubble and dirt within a week on a mear 1000 pounds,,even published on tv ,in order to make more money from its publicy ,,to continue the project(British red nose day)...were even stars and other famous people take part in.
within a week,,watter fences ,walls,,houses,,structure,,schools and more....from pocket change....most of the hard actuall labour is free,,its the raw material that cost money and there too some is donated.

but these charity events are not about thousand of pounds,,but in the millions.
the charities have to rase a certain amount of capital for the very many usages.
it has already been posted amongs other charities,,that there are many floating around that are fake,,they seem to have poped up over night,,faster then the real ones could mobalize even...people going door to door,,club owners with a jar of money,,or even worse.
personally i have knows a young girl who did one of so such things,,went around the neighbourhood asking for cancer money,,she had the correct tin and jar,,so everybody donated.
but she was a fake.

if in doubt,,,always ask for an official copy(real) of license of charity work.
these are not so simple to forge and get,,,but not impossible,,,,and if they have a photo copy of one,,,do not donate.
to get an official photo copy you must be issued with one or get one from the police with stamp.

for those who dont know,,there was recently an huge accident in china,within minutes there was a full crew of people doing everything they could,,many feared dead and missing,,caught within a chemical chlorine blast(deadly and incredibly painful),the point of this topic is the way ALL certain accidents,hazards,devastation is delt with.
the Chinese,,had a full emergency crew ready and where already treating the air water and other for disinfectants for disease.

THIS IS A REAL DEBATE,A REAL DISCUSSION ABOUT AND SURROUNDING HAITI,AND YES DOES COVER"WHATS THAT GOT TO DO WITH THE PRICE OF FISH IN BANGLADESH" SEEING AS ITS A COUNTRY,THAT COVERS MANY ASPECTS OF TRADE,NEGATIONS,POLITICS,MILITARY GOVERNMENT AND EVEN BANK TRANSACTIONS FROM ONE COUNTRY TO THE NEXT.
THIS DEBATE AND DISCUSSION WILL COVER THE REGION AND AREA OF HAITI.

and if people can debate about the mayor of berlin,,in the stalin vs hitler thread,,im certain this can cover more ground with less strenuous restrictions.

i have added a few sources,for info,some others im certain will give more detailed info,,up to date and objections.
but then most things are via via via,,i heard this on the grape vine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Vodou
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ha.html
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2005/10/06/17728921.php
http://www.wright.edu/news_events/community/fall96/haiti.html
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/43a/index-da.html
http://www.nosweat.org.uk/story/201...cting-silicosis-turkish-sweatshop#comment-295
http://www.haitiaction.net/News/MW/mw3_4_4.html

this ones about a few scams..there are plenty plenty plenty more.research before hand.
http://www.uscoast.net/

not to end this in a sour tone...but this was a much faster rescue than the hurricane last year people are talking about...took two weeks getting water to the super bowl...but that last year and lets leave it in the past,,lets not reopen old wounds.
our guys are doing good,,real good.
many are even causing more trouble within ther own governments to save a life or two,,,self sacrifice one would say,,
..but there are always some with fancy badges that talk more,,then actually do.

you do not have to post..if you feel this is too close to time,,,,but these people are in my thought all the time,,due to my friends and coligues being there at the moment.

DeletedUser11019

cheers :D

i hang around some odd ball journalistic people and tree hungers who wanna save the planet...ps dont give green peace money,,after france sunk the rainbow worrior ,,it became a corporation..like the rest

but this is actually a hard core topic....i can hand it over to the MUN
model united nations........and if anything sounds good...i can hand it over ro UN and then if all good again,,,they can change a few things......i cause trouble in the real world
ITS A REAL DEBATE.

feel free to express ....voodoo ...hmm sound scary and interseting and a bit ...taste like chicken

Last edited by a moderator: