Guide to the Damage Formula.

• Thread starter Abigaelle Spencer
  • Start date

DeletedUser

For all those who just criticize and want proof - offer yourself a formula that calculates better.

If you offer this kind of an attitude...

Oh no it's right, does'nt matter you tell what ever you want. The formula is totaly and exactly right. The only thing that i doubt, is your math level.

You better damn well better have it right and be able to prove it. She failed on both counts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

min hits = none

I get hitted 2s from a 63-79 dmg weapon
3s from a 65-95 dmg weapon
and I remember getting hitted ones (wich I guess would be the min since I never had an empty sheet on that world)

DeletedUser

This fight is not enough to know if the is a min damage, but we can see that the multiplier can go to about 0.1 like we see with the previous screen with hernando. I will make this fight again, and aiming head just to see.

abi.png

003a303a312520the2520west.png

003a293a442520the2520west.png

Mekolp ? What are you thinkg of a possible "Max" of 100 when Defense>Attack ? Want to see if it's right with Romelis ?

Edit : Added 2 new screenshot : a "3" in head mean at least a "2" base damage : That's mean there is a minimal "multiplier" who is between 0.05 to 0.1, we can't tell more with such low weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

very interesting, abigaelle. It's a shame that all of the doubters fail so much at math and logic. I'm sure if anyone could actually disprove you, they would have by now.

DeletedUser

My first test of the formula failed (calculated a vigor should be ~95 and it was instead ~80). Will try to do a more controlled test later today.

DeletedUser

My first test of the formula failed (calculated a vigor should be ~95 and it was instead ~80). Will try to do a more controlled test later today.

I need all the data you can give me when the formula fail.

On fr we have never seen the formula failed, and now we understand because we are too low level (<60). So the formula is good and always good for low level. I just need to discover how the formula change at high level.

Please send me here or if you want by PM the Duel Sheet *2 and the combat repport. I'am almost certain i need only a few to discover what missing.

I'am trying to recruit high level on fr, but they are only few and don't want to make test.

DeletedUser

Was it your math or your logic that failed?

Neither did. Unlike the rest of the peanut gallery, I actually bothered to test it rather than just saying that it's wrong or quoting broken german translations that don't address the OP's argument.

You have, the entire time, been arguing Abigaelle is incorrect. All that takes is for you to post one battle report and the two players' stats which show results that are contrary to the OP's formula. You have utterly failed in that endeavor, even though you are at in a far easier position to disprove the formula (you need one instance of the formula not working) than Abigaelle (who needs to show that ALL cases fit it).

In conclusion, I'm not sure why you have even posted on this thread, unless you're just trolling.

DeletedUser

I'm lvl 45, he's 50. He is melee set up and did two hits against me of 53 and 79 (adjusted for location) with a wrench which is 30-46. My toughness is 40 and my reflex is 28 (so my defense against melee is 40+14 = 54)

Thus, to solve for the unknown value (his vigor) i would get:
dmg = (weapon range) * (vigor) / (toughness + reflex/2)
dmg/(weapon range) * (toughness + reflex/2) = vigor
(53*54)/(30 or 46) = range of vigor
and
(79*54)/(30 or 46)= range of vigor

after number crunch, the range of possible vigor values is within (rounded)
96-62 and 143-93
or, more specifically, 93-96

however, he indicated that his vigor is approx 80.

DeletedUser

I love it that someone like Abigaelle actually tries to find a formula. She has my full respect for that...
If I could make any suggestions to this thread, they would be that instead of saying: wrong, fail, etc, wanting to put down somebody's work, there could be suggestions how to make it better, how to improve it... and bring your credits in addition to hers, then maybe the correct formula for all situations could be worked out and everybody could win..

DeletedUser

It doesnt work as my vigor is well below 144 yet i can do max dmg hand hits vs someone with a toughness of at least 60 using a woodsmans axe.

Thats a 288 hand hit

DeletedUser

It doesnt work as my vigor is well below 144 yet i can do max dmg hand hits vs someone with a toughness of at least 60 using a woodsmans axe.

Thats a 288 hand hit

Assuming 0 reflex, this formula would give 144/60 = 2.4 >2 (which is listed as maximum), which actually supports the theory, doesn't it?

** misread, this formula would be valid (for arm hits) down to 120 vigor assuming 0 reflex