Guide to the Damage Formula.

• Thread starter Abigaelle Spencer
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Oh no the formula is totaly exact. Anyway does'nt matter what you "think" you can remmember or so. People who need the formula will really test it with not only " reminding" but with the exact number and see it always work.
remembering 2 days ago is quite easy to do.
Anyway, I'll leave you to believe whatever you want, I doubt that anyone reading this thread will believe you anymore so you and your friends can believe what you want, at least you won't get anyone else believing something wrong (or only the stupid ones).

DeletedUser

It's very fun to see you don't want even to try. Anyway, this doesn't matter, formula is posted, and always workd, people that are needing it will find it. And there will always been people that don't want to beleive event thing they saw. I'am sure you will even not do only on duel angainst someone you know to see if it fit. You just don't want the formula to be exact, don't know why.

Anyway, all people are free to tell formula works or no if they want. But for all that will really try it, they will know what to think of it.

I won't answer anymore to you mekolp, but any other having question about the formula, please feel free.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is hilarious... She posts a formula and refuses to provide proof and demands that people test her formula. At least three people have tested her formula and shown that it has failed...and she still demands that everyone believe this is the correct formula...:laugh:

DeletedUser

Nobody have proove it doesn't work. Post here the 2 duel sheet, and the fight repport and we will see if it don't works. I can post ton of thees witch all works for myself. Does we need to do this ? Even the 9-10 with hernando not a problem and easy to understand. Fight repport only does'nt proove anything, the formula use number, we need all the number to use it. Anyway, just wait a few days people testing it .. and test it yourself with real number not only "thinking" or partial before tell it don't work.

DeletedUser

Nobody have proove it doesn't work. Post here the 2 duel sheet, and the fight repport and we will see if it don't works. I can post ton of thees witch all works for myself. Does we need to do this ? Even the 9-10 with hernando not a problem and easy to understand. Fight repport only does'nt proove anything, the formula use number, we need all the number to use it.

Again, it's not up to other people to prove that your formula doesn't work. It's up to YOU to prove that your formula does work. You originally said, "test it for yourself"... Well, three people have tested it and all have said the same thing...it doesn't work.

Again, I know my exact stats and weapon. I know the stats of the person I fought because he is on the leaderboard for both toughness and reflex. Your formula was off by at least 3 fold....

DeletedUser

Feel free to post the data and screens

I'm not going to post my stats. Feel free to post YOUR data. YOU have to PROVE your formula. It's not up to us to DISPROVE your silly misguided guess.

And let's see where you did this test on someone that has 100+ Toughness and Reflex.

DeletedUser

Those were all already publicly shown skills (except toughness but due to my str being and those extra are all from clothing... and if I had any higher I'd be published)

All pics taken in last min so just to show he is still in dueling gear (most likely only gear), I putted myself in dueling gear, no lvls were gained by either side since duel.

You can do calculations for yourself, know that the sword is 54-74 dmg.

Attachments

• ro.jpg
    ro.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 41

DeletedUser

This is the stats he have now. Please be fair-play and don't boring people with false information, nothing proove that he has 130 exactly at the time the duel was done. And assuming he was near, the formula is working with 124 Vigor or less. Please only post real Duel sheet * 2 + Fight repport. I can post some if you want to check, but i will not post all 70 fight. Take time, be quiet and just wait people checking it.

I have tell you the formula, and it is the formula. I was kind enought to share my info. Anyway feel free to think what you want. And you can Yell that "don't" work when the formula is only 2 point far the score you see even if you aren't sure of the data. That don't mind.

Have a nice night all, and drop my formula to trash bin. Then raise you character with what ever formula you want to beleive... and then you will see people like Whistlingleaf show us : with an hernando sword and doing 9-10 damage because they think having a good weapon don't need vigor.

I will come back to this topic in a few days to see how people have tested it and what they think about it.

DeletedUser363

I will come back to this topic in a few days to see how people have tested it and what they think about it.
We already tested it and we already told you what we think about it. Waiting a few days really isn't going to change the fact that your formula doesn't work.

DeletedUser

Those were all already publicly shown skills (except toughness but due to my str being and those extra are all from clothing... and if I had any higher I'd be published)

All pics taken in last min so just to show he is still in dueling gear (most likely only gear), I putted myself in dueling gear, no lvls were gained by either side since duel.

You can do calculations for yourself, know that the sword is 54-74 dmg.

yes i had (and still have) 130 vigour when dueling mekolp, and i did the exact dmg he wrote. in fact i can post a duel report

Attachments

• proof.JPG
    proof.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 38

DeletedUser

Was one of those hits only 43? It's hard to read in that picture.
That means Abigaelle's formula is even further out.
Also it has been mentioned earlier that there is an absolute maximum damage that can be acheived with each weapon, regardless of the stats of the two duellers, can someone confirm this? Is it exactly double the weapons max damage stat as Abigaelle says?

DeletedUser

Hi

The max is double, i think it is true ...
0001.png

The damage formula give a multiplier to weapon damage : all screen i saw even here is oky with this... the ratio min/max is always same for weapon and damage in fight.

My formula work with all the fight i'have seen... But really not with this one. So the first thing i think is that the formula is ok, but incomplete. There is maybe "min/max".

When i see the mekolp / romelis fight, the thing that i see is that damage are calculated in my formula exactly like romelis have "100" vigor. (100/134.5=0.74). This will give 40-55 Damage for the fight

So maybe you can add this to formula : If Defense>Attack>100 then Multiplier is 100 / Defense.
(And maybe we need to look if when
Attack>Defense>100 then Multiplier is attack / 100 ?)
Looks like there is a "max" attack of 100 (but only when defense > the real value of attack.)
This is just an idea atm.

Can someone confirm or infirm it ? Anyway, i will made more fight with very defensive skills against hight attack value.
Mekolp and Romelis : It should be very interesting to see the same fight but with only 129 and 131 defensive skill for Mekolp, just to see if the damage directly "raise" to 54-74 then come back to 41-56

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nobody is disputing the 2x weapon as a maximum - I think we can all agree on that.

As I've said many times now - you're assuming you can make a straight line graph for Attack versus Resistance that will fit every duel scenario on the and that is impossible.

DeletedUser

As I've said many times now - you're assuming you can make a straight line graph for Attack versus Resistance that will fit every duel scenario on the and that is impossible.

That's why the possibility of a "max" of 100 is a way to study : it doesn't give linear damage as we can see with the romelis/mekolp fight.

The formula fit to all the fight i have seen under this "100" i don't think it can be simply ignored. So there is something over this that happen to "change" it. Most simple is to think there is a max. And it can fit with the fight we see here.

DeletedUser

Good job Abigaelle! Thanks for your formula. If there'll be any upgrades - it will be appreciated very much :)

For all those who just criticize and want proof - offer yourself a formula that calculates better.

DeletedUser

What about a minimum damage?
Surely any "hit" must do some damage.
Is it possible to get someone with no Vigour/Shooting skill at all to attack a high resistance character, perhaps arm a melee dueler with a gun, and see how much damage they can inflict?
I think both limits are required to give an accurate formula.

DeletedUser

The fight to see if there is a "min" is sheduled for monday. But i'am not sure there is, and anyway witingleaf proove us if there is : it is under 0.1...