Guide to finding all named weapons + key 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16002

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone Duduie, and yes there is a lot of trust put on people to bring the cash to lose. Its all about luck in the end though who gets what.

DeletedUser

How can you make sure that the money you bring go into your friend's item? How can you make sure your friend will find something while you are sacrificing money?
The luck factor makes it different from push duels, not to mention that other uninvited players can join and there is nothing you can do about it.
There is a certain intention of some players to lose money for other player's to get something, but there is no way to make sure your plan will work.
Push duels: 1 opponent and 1 only ... who gets what you lose
Battles: multiple opponents, you can never know how many ... and survivors might or might not find something...

Okay, it may not be the same as a push duel exactly, but a fort battle could be engineered to ensure ther are say 5 survivors, while everyone else loses the cash they brought. These 5 would be likely to get a nice prize if the theory proposed here, and similar threads, is correct.

It is very possible to fill a fort battle with trusted players, and very possible to make the outcome how you want, if everyone is on the same page. It might take a bit of planning, and self sacrifice from people, but if they knew they would get a turn to survive then it is apparent there are plenty interested in trying. And we have seen the results psted from many server worlds.

DeletedUser16002

Mr Busey,

a small fort is 45v40, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get that many trusted people in, the most we got was like 60-65 with the rest as freeloaders. There is still no gurantee that everybody is going to bring 5k, how would you like if I told you to bring money, die and lose it so I can try get a reward?

See where im going now... Thats why the fort battle progresses as normal until the end where the last 20 or so survivers have a mutual agreement to hold back.

DeletedUser

These 5 would be likely to get a nice prize if the theory proposed here, and similar threads, is correct.
I believe the theory is correct, but what you say is not. The 5 might or might not find something. It depends if they are lucky or not. Just look at it like is a job with 500% luck (we all know that the luck % is the item value and not the chance to find something). So you schedule the job (30 min, 1h or 2h - doesn't matter). You get your first report, nothing. Second, nothing. Third: one cool find (due to huge luck, thus huge value).
Battles work the same. The money brought increase the value of the items that could be found, but this doesn't make it certain that the survivors will for sure get something. That something valuable, you have to be lucky to find it. It might take you 1 try or 5 tries to get something.

DeletedUser

iwatchhotfuzz - I'm sorry, but it is not impossible. In fact it is very possible. Its just a couple of towns willing to work together. Or all those on the Polish server who were just experimenting? On certain worlds money is no object, there is very little happening at all, so the idea of gambling a few thousand dollars to get something I can't get anywhere else is very appealing - otherwise what is left to do? If I trusted you to return the favour I would not have a problem with it at all. At the moment a battle progresses as normal until a certain point. But why can't it be engineered to follow a path?

It's not so hard to use LOS positioning to eliminate (sacrifice) people, and this is the way I see this thing going.

And Duduie, I do understand there is an element of luck to do with finding things, but this is about not just increasing the value of finds.

DeletedUser

Whilst Treasure Hunting, I managed to find both Bowie's Muzzle loader and Huckleberry's Slingshot...can you find all the named items by luck alone?

DeletedUser8627

Whilst Treasure Hunting, I managed to find both Bowie's Muzzle loader and Huckleberry's Slingshot...can you find all the named items by luck alone?

No.

Check the pricing of the weapons, the more valuable the higher the luck jobs you will need to do.

Ambush stagecoach is the highest luck job which can can find items only up to around about $2000.

These other weapons costs a lot more than that.

DeletedUser

Makes sense. The only thing I don't understand is people telling others how to find rare items, as the worlds don't really need every other player weilding a rare weapon...

DeletedUser21720

ugh. thanks for the insight, but i fear that now that this is out, the integrity of honest fort battles will be compromised. I, for one cannot see myself carrying 5,000 into battle so in case i die, another player is rewarded with a rare find. Does it help me to now sign up for more battles? yes. Will I "rig" a battle? No...

DeletedUser11353

No.

Check the pricing of the weapons, the more valuable the higher the luck jobs you will need to do.

Ambush stagecoach is the highest luck job which can can find items only up to around about $2000.

These other weapons costs a lot more than that.
Maximum drop item value found so far that we know about was $2700 sale price(precise peacemaker), I've found brown and black boots($2550 sale price both) while ambushing stagecoach. I can't remember exactly what is really max value for item drops but I know it's something about $3100~$3500.

DeletedUser8627

Meh, I'm the unlucky one then :p

When I do manage to find something it's not really worth it or a duplicate of what I already have.

DeletedUser

And Duduie, I do understand there is an element of luck to do with finding things, but this is about not just increasing the value of finds.
What is it about then? Is simple: people come with money, they die, the product value increases, the drop is all about you, the survivor. If you are not lucky then, it does not matter that you might get a $20k item, you were not lucky to get it. No drop.

DeletedUser16002

Mr Busey,

We had the entire world 9 in the the 2 successful battles and we still ended up a little short. But if you can get that many people and have them bring 5k each then im sure you will see some nice drops, whether you get them is another story but at least somebody might get something.

In the event you do get 40:45 people that are 100% trust worthy with money on everybody then the result of that battle could be considered a "push fort battle". Since the whole battle is controlled and the outcome is decided before it starts im sure this would be classed as rule breaking.

The only reason this is done is because of the value of obtainable items and lack of means to find them elsewhere.

Funny old Hamilton,

Some worlds are dead and cash has no value, wouldnt it be nice to get a bit of life back into these worlds and make things a little more interesting?

bc74,

Thats your choice, you do not have to carry cash into any fort battle.

Da Twista,

If you find yourself finding only average items, 1-2k in value, then it means there isnt enough money in the pot. Also try to be on the winning side to increase your chances of finding a rare item.

DeletedUser

if there are items that can only be obtained by "push-battles", then obviously they are legal and the way the devs planned it

DeletedUser16002

if there are items that can only be obtained by "push-battles", then obviously they are legal and the way the devs planned it

These arent push battles, the fort fights as normal its just people have their pockets full of cash.

DeletedUser

yes thats why I had the word in apostrophe durrrrrr, and as a push duel is where someone loses money on intention, it actually is a push battle, they just arent illegal, only push duels are, and even they are not punished, I've reported one person for a clear push duel, but nothing was done

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes thats why I had the word in apostrophe durrrrrr, and as a push duel is where someone loses money on intention, it actually is a push battle, they just arent illegal, only push duels are, and even they are not punished, I've reported one person for a clear push duel, but nothing was done
Would you call it push work if you could bring money during jobs to increase the value of the items found?

DeletedUser16002

My own brother was banned because somebody push dueled him so yeah....

Anyway back on topic: Push fort battles are against the rules, its a good thing we arent push battling eh:laugh:

DeletedUser

Okay - I don't want to argue.

I have just one question, is it possible that nobody gets an item drop at the end of a battle? I don't mean a 1 sided battle. But say 45-50, and 15 survive on the winning side, will at least one person be guarantedd to find something?

Status
Not open for further replies.