Guide to Dueling

Has this guide been helpful?

• Yes, I am winning more duels than ever before.

Votes: 112 36.7%
  • Yes, it has helped turned my dueling failures into success.

Votes: 55 18.0%
  • Yes, as a new player, it has helped me to succeed at dueling.

Votes: 92 30.2%
  • No, my dueling ability remains unchanged.

Votes: 43 14.1%
  • No, I'm losing more than before.

Votes: 41 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13636

Well maybe I should say one of the ingredients is just a little bit lite rather than actually missing. How does that sound futurama? :)

DeletedUser

Like I said, it was a trial build just to see what happens, I'm well aware that I am very light on appearance...

I was simply warning others that a pure dodge build is a strategy designed to fail in my experience.

DeletedUser15260

Any chance you can upload that spread sheet to google docs? I don't have excel!

DeletedUser

If going resistance soldier, is it good to vary with Charisma (something in Tactics/Appear) and Mobility (something in Reflex/Dodging) and that means not 100% Strenght. Would be about 30% Charisma, 25% Mobility, 45% Strength. Can this build be a good for resistance soldier?

GodfatherLV

DeletedUser

Any chance you can upload that spread sheet to google docs? I don't have excel!

The spreadsheet actually is hosted at google docs but I have no idea how to make it available for temporary editing. (As in when you want to input your level so it calculates the way you distribute).

If going resistance soldier, is it good to vary with Charisma (something in Tactics/Appear) and Mobility (something in Reflex/Dodging) and that means not 100% Strenght. Would be about 30% Charisma, 25% Mobility, 45% Strength. Can this build be a good for resistance soldier?

GodfatherLV

There is no sense in doing so. Appearance, Tactics, and Dodging are all useless for resistance soldiers. You will be wasting a lot of valuable skills from Vigor, Toughness and Health Points. The point of resistance is that you decrease your opponent's damage, not dodge his shots.

DeletedUser

Re-skilling will take too much. But ok then, can a normal build melee soldier beat resistance soldier?

DeletedUser

My character is a Lv 78 ranged builder. What skills do I need to turn my builder to a pure dueler and can go toe to toe with duelers and soliders? Do I give you a copy of my skill level?

DeletedUser

100 Aim: nice
100 Dodge: nice
100 Shooting: average
100 Appearance: ok
100 Tactics: beautiful
100 Leadership: hell yeah

If you plan on defending more than attacking in duels, then is a good plan. For an offensive dueler I would suggest all AP in dexterity, with over 100 aim and dodge, no tactics and high appearance and shooting.

DeletedUser

You need to chose: attack or defense, or you will be average at both, like you are now.
You do not need resistance. You have high shooting, but not much of everything else, which is not such a good build. It works nicely against resistance duelers, but that's about it.
And no more working outfit. If you are concerned about duels, then do the jobs you can do in your defense outfit. If you want some time off and just work on some jobs for quests, leave town.

DeletedUser

this guide is bad cause range dueler is more focused in lowing the damage he gets not to do more and more damage
i think a good range dueler must have a lot appearance and dodging
aim and shooting are good but first dont let the opponent hit you after that thing about hit him
this is my theory

DeletedUser

hi. new player. was wondering how i should pick people to duel. collecting bounty is ok, done that once. but should i just pick anyone from the map with similar level? or do you guys follow some unwritten rule?

DeletedUser9470

hi. new player. was wondering how i should pick people to duel. collecting bounty is ok, done that once. but should i just pick anyone from the map with similar level? or do you guys follow some unwritten rule?

there are no written rules.
just duel whoever you want.
players with a big difference between their normal level and duelling level can sometimes be good duellers. most of them are easy as most of them just hit builders to get xp.

DeletedUser

there are no written rules.
just duel whoever you want.
players with a big difference between their normal level and duelling level can sometimes be good duellers. most of them are easy as most of them just hit builders to get xp.

thanks for the answer. lot of people are sensitive about attacking workers, from what they write in their profiles:p

DeletedUser29373

Need dueling tactics in different rounds...
1 and 5 y dodge to the left or duck or just aim and etc.

DeletedUser

I had someone tell me that when you duel, the game only uses either your aim or dodge stat, not both, whichever is higher, and tosses out the other one. For example, if your aim is 50 and dodge is 40, then your aim is 50 and dodge is actually 0 when dueling.

Can someone confirm/disprove this?

DeletedUser

Disapprove. I have a pretty well balanced aim/dodge based ranged dueler. I can assure you my aim and dodge work in the same time, whether I am attacked or the attacker.

DeletedUser

correct aim/dodging /shooting everything works perfect if u have enough
what does not stack is when you have a range weapon and vigor(melee) clothes

DeletedUser

I play in W1 and in Beta. In beta I strongly follow the build for Range dueler I, I have the best possible gear, but I lose to the players with worse gear and lower level...
What do you think, which is better- Range dueler I or II (nothing in Charisma, but more in Dexterity and Mobility) ???

Status
Not open for further replies.