Guide to Dueling

Has this guide been helpful?

• Yes, I am winning more duels than ever before.

Votes: 112 36.7%
  • Yes, it has helped turned my dueling failures into success.

Votes: 55 18.0%
  • Yes, as a new player, it has helped me to succeed at dueling.

Votes: 92 30.2%
  • No, my dueling ability remains unchanged.

Votes: 43 14.1%
  • No, I'm losing more than before.

Votes: 41 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13484

For ranged dueler i like the brown coat better which gives you more health in duels. I would have it out of any other coat.

DeletedUser

Just out of interest, why tactics for melee but not for ranged?

DeletedUser

Range duelers get a lot of tactics from their dueling gear, then add the soldier bonus on top of that, and range duelers will have a decent amount of tactics, so they can use their skill points elsewhere.

DeletedUser

I'm assuming tactics in melee has no bearing on attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

tactics in melee or range has no bearing WHILE attacking
however has a load of bearing WHEN being attacked

DeletedUser

Haven't seen this addressed in the guide. I have built a resistance melee soldier who has no dodge per the specs. Thus, it seems best strategy for dueling is to not attempt any dodging, but to use the concentration option thereby doubling the attack value.

DeletedUser

Haven't seen this addressed in the guide. I have built a resistance melee soldier who has no dodge per the specs. Thus, it seems best strategy for dueling is to not attempt any dodging, but to use the concentration option thereby doubling the attack value.

Never tough about it. I think I'm going to respec to resistance and do that!
Thanks!

DeletedUser

Never tough about it. I think I'm going to respec to resistance and do that!
Thanks!

Dodging is extremely tricky. I have none, yet if concentrate I get hit more than usual. If I adjust to the aim of my opponent I still dodge successfully! What can I tell you. Even with 0 dodge your dueling stance can still win you the duel.

DeletedUser

Dodging is extremely tricky. I have none, yet if concentrate I get hit more than usual. If I adjust to the aim of my opponent I still dodge successfully! What can I tell you. Even with 0 dodge your dueling stance can still win you the duel.

With resistance or extreme high dodging, right?

DeletedUser

It has seemed to work maybe 5 times out of the maybe 20 times I've done it.

DeletedUser

I am telling you not to do it since it does not help. If you use the dueling stance to dodge some hits, you will actually dodge them even if you have 0 dodging.

I thought standing up and doubling your aim would help me greatly but the result is even worse.

DeletedUser14006

Is the Fancy Cotton Jacket being overlooked as a great offensive clothing item with:

1 Aim
1 Shooting
1 Reflex
1 Toughness
1 Health Point
9 Dodge
9 Appearance

Just the Black, Brown & Fancy Coats seem to be great on defence with the tactics bonus, but for offence not all that really as many folk have enough points in shooting and the tactics are useless in an offensive battle.

DeletedUser

Is the Fancy Cotton Jacket being overlooked as a great offensive clothing item with:

1 Aim
1 Shooting
1 Reflex
1 Toughness
1 Health Point
9 Dodge
9 Appearance

Just the Black, Brown & Fancy Coats seem to be great on defence with the tactics bonus, but for offence not all that really as many folk have enough points in shooting and the tactics are useless in an offensive battle.

I use the fancy cotton jacket myself. You have another alternative to get higher aim + some reflex keeping the appearance bonus.

Just equip fancy dress coat + walking stick = 11 appearance, 9 aim, 14 reflex. You loose the dodging from the fancy cotton jacket but get a bit more appearance and extra aim. :)

DeletedUser

Why should the ranged duellers have much more shooting than the melee duellers have vigor? To me it seems much more natural to have more vigor, becuase vs another melee dueller you are bound to meet some toughness, so some extra vigor would be needed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.