Guide to Dueling

Has this guide been helpful?

• Yes, I am winning more duels than ever before.

Votes: 112 36.7%
  • Yes, it has helped turned my dueling failures into success.

Votes: 55 18.0%
  • Yes, as a new player, it has helped me to succeed at dueling.

Votes: 92 30.2%
  • No, my dueling ability remains unchanged.

Votes: 43 14.1%
  • No, I'm losing more than before.

Votes: 41 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yep I was checking the W10 stats, yesterday and there are like 80-90% melee in the top rankings. I suppose the resistance build is preferred to regular ranged.

DeletedUser

i dont think so, the main reason top dueler is melee is because they dont have much job to do --> they have to focus on dueling

DeletedUser

well, most people pick the melee character for dueling purposes. We can hypnotically say, melee is more preferred over the ranged but we can't conclude by saying melee is better than ranged. Look world 1! Their used to be players with Ranged weapon that are unbeatable. While the rest pick ranger mainly for ranking. But I do know for myself when playing in world 1; I used to be ranged player. I also had a friend called Dora...she was a great dueler with me.

We both used the solider ranged weapon duelers and we had a lot of success with it. That is back in world 1. There were not many resistance melee in our time but I guess both characters have their strength and are not comparable to each other.;)

DeletedUser

Attribute Points
80% Dexterity
20% Mobility

Skill Points
55% Shooting
15% Aim
30% Dodging

I am an adventurer, so I won't get any health or tactic bonuses, that's why I chose this build. What I don't understand is why the build states that you should have 20% Mobility. Wouldn't 100% Dexterity be better? Shooting and Aiming are both important skills, while only Dodge from Mobility is good.

I am far from speccing to duelling yet, so far I got 100% Setting traps and Dexterity.

DeletedUser

HotNSexy said:
I will be making minor changes later this week to some of the builds because they don't look right to me anymore.

I'll probably make the changes tomorrow. I haven't decided what those changes will be, but I'll be playing around with some numbers to see what build gives the optimal amount of points. Also, it's likely I'll leave the current builds there and add an updated section so players can pick and choose.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In world 5 the melee resistance build is so dominant that you can see 3 or 4 players in the top 30 duel rankings who are pure strength/vigor/toughness. They manage this high ranking despite being extremely vulnerable to ranged attacks because there are not many ranged players in the top duel rankings at all.
They seem to have designed this build to combat one specific player. /me looks at Phonebook.

DeletedUser

Maybe some players should respec to be range duelers and own those 3 or 4 players every 2 days ;)

DeletedUser

All the worlds seem to have different styled builds, Resistance still seems to be quite prevalent. I am curious as to wether or not, they invest in tactics and appearance.... Mainly because Im trying to work out a good build that can beat most builds.... assuming the target is of a marginally lower level, with inflated duel level.

DeletedUser

I've added the updated builds, which are listed in the second post. The new builds are either simply variations of the original builds or they are actually better. I'll see if b00k can make an excel spreadsheet for the new stuff. The original builds are still there, so players can just pick and choose.

DeletedUser14029

Simple.
Resistance Dueler is (mostly) unbeatable before you get level 60+ weapons. Your hits on 'em are ignorable, and one hit on YOU seals your fate. This enables quick exp (mass attack on your town, and the following failed-retaliations pump their levels really quickly). Also, if they're going for 'All-Red', they have more money than most other players. I have a daily income of $800 no premium at level 27 doing Iron Mining, Clearing the Forest and Silvermining, purely on Strength and Vigor. This enables better equipments when dueling/funding for town construction. 'least that's my theory >.<

I am still a dueling noob =.=

DeletedUser

A second spreadsheet for the new builds I put up is now available in the second post. I would like to once again thank b00k for creating the spreadsheets.

There is now also a poll attached to this thread. You guys can vote for all of choices that apply to you. It's a multiple choice poll so can vote for more than 1 option. I would like to see how helpful this guide actually is. Thank you Elmyr for putting it up.

If you voted for either of the "No's" please send me a private message and list your base stats. I would like to know what's wrong and hopefully adjust any builds accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks. FYI, this guide is just that, a guide. It's intended purpose is to help newer players and players wanting to be a dueler for the first time. It gurantees an array of strong builds to choose from and work off of that will help any player have success at dueling. It does not guarantee that you will improve your winnings from before if you were a dueler before. The guide guides you to a strong base to work from and then you need to figure out what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly.

DeletedUser

Thanks. FYI, this guide is just that, a guide. It's intended purpose is to help newer players and players wanting to be a dueler for the first time. It gurantees an array of strong builds to choose from and work off of that will help any player have success at dueling. It does not guarantee that you will improve your winnings from before if you were a dueler before. The guide guides you to a strong base to work from and then you need to figure out what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly.

HotNSexy's legal department finally put together a disclaimer to avoid lawsuits if his guide doesn't improve someone's dueling.

DeletedUser

Quarter Horse? This is for dueling, not traveling speed.

The charlatan set does give good bonuses, but only if you have the entire set, which isn't worth using in a duel. The other two sets are weak for dueling. Do you really see duelers walking around with the Mexican set and Indian set on to duel other players? This guide if for overall dueling.

Actually, there are a ton of people that use the Mexican set that I see... It may not be the whole thing but a vast majority of melee duelers use the Mexican bandana, tequila, and donky combo.

DeletedUser16628

It is a base for my basic soldier then I just tweak a few things and it works well

DeletedUser

Actually, there are a ton of people that use the Mexican set that I see... It may not be the whole thing but a vast majority of melee duelers use the Mexican bandana, tequila, and donky combo.

Yes, but only those three objects, because the Mexican bandana is the best for defence, and the donkey and tequila give a +1 Strengh, a bonus that no other item + horse can give ^^

DeletedUser

How is the mexican bandana best for defence?

Because if you're melee and would usually wear a brown shawl for attacking, the Mexican bandana is more vigor and no wasted appearance, plus an extra point of strength assuming you also have a donkey and/or tequila equipped.

Does this build work for fort battles very well?

The only skills in any dueling build that help with fort battles are aim and dodging, and any stamina or hiding and leadership you get from your AP...

Status
Not open for further replies.