Guide to being the Greatest Dueler in The West, by the Latigo Kid

DeletedUser

If a noob will read this he will just get KOed a lot. don't you know soldiers love dueling duelers? they know it's probably an easy target since a dueler spends more skill points on offensive ones and not defensive ones. health points are damn needed.

I'm not saying you didn't give some good pointers, it's just that in my opinion the best advise here was given by vie and players should really figure out their own tactics that works best for them eventually.

My record in W2 is 516 and 60 and I am ranked 13 dueling at the moment. I've taken out many soldiers pretty easily. I do have to say I haven't tested this build completely, I do have point out that I did put skill points in stamina in the beginning which is probably why I am able to survive. I would still say I do need a bare minimum of health points though.

DeletedUser

Your noobness is showing. Stamina has absolutely nothing to do with dueling. Not one thing. It doesn't affect health or your ability to deliver or take a hit.

DeletedUser

Health is indeed needed.
MY highest hit so far is 240 or so and if i get a lucky strike i go easy abov 1000 dmg (never had any one survile a full lucky strike so dont know how high my max dmg would be)

And atm i aint even specced 100% duell as i trying to finish up some quest and picking job to lvl faster.
And to say quest aint importent as a dueller is rubbish in my eyes as you will get skill points from it wich is very good and cant really be missed out.

I would rate dodge and aim as highest and after that vigor/shooting and after that a balance between reflex/toughnesss,tactic,apperence.

And offcourse have a decent health pool i would say get atleast 1,5-2X your max dmg in a duel then you are set.

DeletedUser

For further display of noobness, clicky the link I supplied earlier.

MR Guide Writer asks about what the best dueling equipment is.
Any decent dueler knows that.

DeletedUser

It's called gathering information... if you look when I asked the question I gave items and if you look at the responses they were for the most part what I wrote down.

Furthermore, I'll let my rankings speak for themselves (-=

Look below...

DeletedUser

I am level 9 and want to start dueling. there are mainly ghost towns near me.i found one town with a guy i am able to duel, but i only get 26 XP. that isnt much more(if you include travel time) than I would et just working repairing fences. should i attack now?

I got an item that gave me +9 shooting so for me that is good. I think ill buy another one that gives me
+5 to shooting.

so do i have to just manually find towns with people I can fight?

DeletedUser

Achieving high duel ranks isn't hard.

Activity, activity, activity.

Wich I do belive your signature proves.

DeletedUser

Your fighting about how to duel when every one has its own style and way to play the game, instead, go duel someone.

DeletedUser

I put all my attribute points on charisma, was this a bad plan? if so what should i put them on? I am a melee dueler.

DeletedUser

is the only way to find someone to duel is to hunt for towns that have people in them who you are allowed to duel and go there?

DeletedUser363

I put all my attribute points on charisma, was this a bad plan? if so what should i put them on? I am a melee dueler.

If you are a melee dueler, you should be putting points into strength, not charisma. This way your vigor and health points increase.

DeletedUser

no, its his choice and its great!!

example of charisma based dueler
1. put all your attributes on charisma
2. put 1 skill to aim, dodge, vigor every level

you'll become THE BEST second attacker/ last hitter

DeletedUser

ok thank you, i will now put my points on aim and dodge because my vigor is already 44

DeletedUser

Here is how I build my duelers, I know they aren't the best though.

My melee duelers
- All Offensive
1 Strength Attribute --\
1 Aim -----------------> Per level
2 Vigor ---------------/
and around 30-50 appearance and 25 dodging.

With around 130-190 Vigor I usually hit 3 times the max dmg of a weapon on a headshot. 256 dmg on a sharp machete (15-85) and 154 dmg on a sharp foil (30-54).
They hit really hard but aren't as accurate as other duelers, I don't suggest people choose this path even though I did.

My Shooting Dueler - All Offensive as well
1 Dexterity -----\
1 Aim -----------> Per level
2 Shooting -----/
and around 50-60 appearance, 25 dodging and some HP from dueling gear.

This build is pretty good because I hit heaps of powerful shots, I usually KO opponents before taking too much damage. 225 was my max hit with the precise army revolver (63-79).

Yangsta

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Guide to being the Greatest Dueler in The West, by the Latigo Kid

Some may find this the greatest Dueler guide ever, some will say it's crap, some will say nothing. I'm just going to speak from my experience. (W2 top 12 dueler)

Dueler: Some players love the Dueler class, others hate it with a passion. I've read they are weak and good for nothing and only noobs play as a Dueler. I beg to differ, I have 4 active characters in four worlds and have played as every class and have found that Duelers are the best, if you know how to play with them.

Duelers, right class for you? Duelers are for highly aggressive and active players. As a dueler you should be on constantly going from town to town collecting bounty and getting back to your bank and going to sleep and wake up and do it all over again. If you are not that active and just want to duel passively this is not the class for you. Duelers hunt down players and start fights so if you like making too many friends this is not the class for you. Afraid of being KOed and don't want some big soldier buddy coming after you so you say okay, I'll leave your worker/quaker buddy alone, again dueler is not the class for you.

Advantages: If you are a Dueler you need to know what your advantages are take advantage of them.

The speed on the map is increased by 10%.
This is a nice advantage when traveling from town to town dueling. You can cover more ground and hit more towns 10% faster than any other class.

The motivation for dueling raises faster. It is increased 20% faster.
This is the biggest advantage to being a dueler. Motivation increases 20% faster than any other class! This way here you can continue to duel without having to wait for that pesky motivation to rise. This means you can duel more often than your soldier buddy.

You receive 10% more money in a duel.
If you want money as a dueler... duel... Dueling is your source of income and with 10% more cash... take this advantage.

Jobs: As a dueler jobs are just there to do when your motivation drops extremely low and you are KOed. You're a dueler, you live for the moment, jobs are for sissies :p Dueling is your job.

Attributes: For a gunslinger dueler you want to go 100% Dexterity. I've heard put some in Charisma and some in the other two, but no I say all Dexterity. I've learned that as a dueler you are the aggressor so you need to put your attributes into Dexterity. This will raise your aim and shooting 1 every level. You need your aim so you can hit your target and your shooting to cause more damage to your target.
Melee dueler: Go for Strength so you can raise your vigor up one every level

Skills: I use a percentage system to how I distribute my skills. As a dueler you only want to use the following skills, don't waste them anywhere else. "But I need swimming to complete a quest :eek:hmy:" You're a dueler! don't worry about quests, quests are only if you are KOed or your motivation is so low you get like no experience when you duel.

Skills:
Shooting: 20%(1 attribute every point will contribute so you will have more)
Aim: 20%(1 attribute every point will contribute so you will have more)
Dodging: 25%
Reflex: 10%
Toughness: 5%
Attack: 10%
Defense: 10%

You want a lot of shooting and aim, most important skills when dueling, for the offensive side. Dodging will help out so you wont get hit. I do every fourth skill to reflex (hence 25%) If you think that leaves you a little vulnerable make it every 3 (33%) Reflex and toughness take away from how much damage you take. I don't care to put to much thought into that though. Attack is for when you declare the duel, reflex is more effective so that's why I put more skills into reflex. Defense, you're starting 85% of the duels so don't concentrate on defense. Save this for your soldier friends. Also, you may want to put a couple of skills into health points, I don't deal with that since when you level up it gives you some more health.

KOed: Nobody likes being KOed, but it happens :eek: Oh well, do a couple of jobs for a couple of days and get back out there and Duel some more. Basically, know who you're fighting, stay away from experienced soldiers. Look at their profile, look at their dueling rank and then decide if you can take them. Don't be afraid, don't be stupid either. I've taken out many a soldiers and quite easily.

Well, that's my 2 cents. Any other things I should add or you think this is crap, let me know :D I like it either way.

very good guide, in another server I'm a constucter, but here I want to be a dueler.
I want to say only one thing:
for me is better use attrivute points in mobility for 2 motivations:
1 I can raise aim and shotting with skill point
2 mobility raises horseback riding tha is useful for go fat form town to town, swimming and hiding ar useful for some works, and especially it raises dodging and reflex!
thank you for help, I not challenge you in game!:D

DeletedUser

i was just thinking - maybe it's better to duel with a low motivation like 5% or 10% (can you duel with 0%?)....'cos you don't get much exp and your dueling level doesn't go so much up.... i think the biggest problem for active dueler is when dueling level goes much up so higher leveled duelers (and i mean character level) can duel you and they are in a big advantage over you 'cos if they are 15 character levels above you they have 15 more attributes than you,and a 45 skills more than you to put them in dueling skills....

DeletedUser

yes, so is better are a soldier!?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My characters:

w2 LVL 30 vigor dueler (deleted)
w5 LVL 55 vigor Solder
w6 LVL 52 shooting dueler (need a new world so i can delete)

Why do duelers suck:

Bonus:

10% map speed....you mean....that i can travel some where 2 hrs away, and save 12 minutes....wow what can i do in 12 minutes?!

20% increase motivation...thats awesome....since it normally increase 12 points a day, this mean ill get an extra 2 points a day. So if im 2% higher tomorrow, and i get 100xp, im going to get an extra 2 points of xp at most.

Wow 2 F***in extra experience...you must be excited

10% gold from duels. In the case someone is dumb enough not to deposit and you hit them for 300 gold, you get and extra 30!! Thats almost enough for that grey cap you always wanted. But most people are smart enough to make bank runs at higher lvls.

Solder - 2x tactics = great defense 1.5x health = knocked out lesss, but more importantly the ability to allocate points that would normally do to health else where. Plus if your a vigor guy and concentrate on strength, your going to have huge HP

But i do love duelers, they make great targets, rarely win, and give me pretty good xp :)

DeletedUser

very good guide, in another server I'm a constucter, but here I want to be a dueler.
I want to say only one thing:
for me is better use attrivute points in mobility for 2 motivations:
1 I can raise aim and shotting with skill point
2 mobility raises horseback riding tha is useful for go fat form town to town, swimming and hiding ar useful for some works, and especially it raises dodging and reflex!
thank you for help, I not challenge you in game!:D
Please don't quote any incredibly long first post just to say you like it. You could have said exactly what you did say without a quote and everyone would know what you were talking about.