Guide to being the Greatest Dueler in The West, by the Latigo Kid

DeletedUser

Awesome guide King David, I salute thee, however, I'm a dueller so I'd probably spit on the ground and glare at you instead :p
I'm level 26 W1 and this guide is going to help a lot...

A pointer that you might like from me tho.

Skills:
Instead of putting every AP into dexterity, put every second one into mobility. When you do this, put 1 skill point into Aim and one into Shooting, so your still at you aim/shoot level you want. However, by putting some AP into mobility, you not only complete the percentages you want for dodge/reflex, but you get the added bonus of horse back riding, and thus your map speed will increase.

I agree with not putting in anything into vigor, its a useless skill. considering you get a bonus from reflex/toughness, the DMG done should be low enough that you can take it, and add in say half the hits a dodged, its a no brainer that vigor is just a waste. I'd rather put the skill points in DMG reduction, so you can reduce DMG in a duel, so if its a tight duel you can still win. ie, skill in reflex, DMG taken 150, DMG done 153... skill in vigor, DMG taken 180, DMG done 153. duel lost, dude take your sack of monies :O

As for the speed bonus, people forget how good this is. its 100% + say 50% from a pony and say +10% from horseback riding... add all that up, then 10% of that total to get the final total = 176%. Its not adding 10% which would = 170%. Thus with the best horse in the game it makes quite a difference, and people say, ugh its only 30 mins. But hell, thats 30 mins you could be in a hotel gaining back energy... and if your an active aggressive dueler i would imagine that this could be the difference between hitting someone again for a cash bonus or letting them get back to there hotel.

As for soldiers, big fat laugh to them coming to hunt you down... half the time your resting so they cant get to you... and if they do, they dont get the tactics bonus, and your defensive skills and attacking skills should be high enough to beat them in a duel... did i mention a big fat LOL to the point wastage in vigor. It's called DMG reduction to win duels, not lots of friggin HP. Sure you might have a hard time attacking them, but as you said King David, watch out for good soldiers, as the tactics is prolly off the scales so why bother attacking them? attack there workers, duelers, adventurers and let the solders hunt you instead, they don't have a chance from where you come from ;)

a last note, how much do you duel? are you constantly hitting targets? I just want to know how much I should let my motovation drop down to as a dueler. As a once I let it hit 0% :p

regards,
Da J Bomb

DeletedUser

the quests for duelers are better,it gives you better stuff...

Which is relevant how? Anyway, the rewards are still crap. Very few class specific items which are rewards in class quests are ever going to be the best items for dueling or jobs, with a few exceptions. If you rely on quest rewards for gear, you're poorly equipped.

Boomerang: a regular sling shot, which you can get at the same level, has better average damage.

Throwing knives: 2-66 damage is way too inconsistent. A regular deringer is a better gun.

Arrow head: decent, but no better than the best regular neckbands anyone can buy.

Brown leather vest: crap, unless you're still wearing a poncho at level 25, in which case you have other problems.

Brown lace-up shoes: crap. If you're a firearm dueler, you should have brown boots by now. They're good for the level req, but not for when you actually get them.

Black felt hat: decent, but not even as good as the regular black felt hat, not to mention the fancy leather hat you can wear at the same level when you can get this hat.

Shortened shotgun: comparable to a regular revolver no. 1. Doesn't remotely compare to a precise revolver no. 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you forgot bows,which is great stuff for shooter...and you get muzzle loader...and rusty machete...arrow head is god too......and as a soldier you don't get good stuff at all....you get only revolver no. 1 and that's it,other stuff is trashy....

DeletedUser

Ok, If I got this right. As a melee Dueler I put attribute on strength and then even out skill points on Aim, Tactics, Appearance and Dodging.
Is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16536

hmm im training well but im losing alot maybe this is too early too tell

DeletedUser

I'd just like to point out that a soldier may not have insanley high tactics when he comes after you. He could have follwed your build but instead of putting 10% in tactics he may have put 5% and got the other 5% from his premium soldier bonus. The spare points could have easily gone in dodge, or aim or shooting etc and with his weapon that is 6 levels higher than yours he'll leave you bleedin ;)