Guarding the town

DeletedUser

i am strongly urging that anyone be allowed to guard a town. why try to get an idea implemented, come to a basic agreement, and then butcher it into half of what it should be and tell me to make another thread that would be EXACTLY the same? the way it would work would be the same, the xp and the energy and everything else would be the same. so all the devs would do is open up to everyone anyway. thats just ludicrous. people want a way to defend towns then give them that way. if the town wants to hire a person on to guard them somehow let them, if a wandering hero sees a damsel in distress he should be able to help.

DeletedUser

sounds ok to me. If the concern is that this complicates things, well who knows, maybe it's even simpler to implement! let the devs decide.

DeletedUser

I think Keighlon's objection is about the "for town members" line in the job desription .
I'm indifferent about it , I don't see why only town members should have the job available to them .
At the same time I doln't see why anyone not a member of the town would want to guard it . It's a job .

DeletedUser

Nice summary there, I do belive we can present a new thread with that now that we have refined the original proposal here.

I am indiffrent about randoms guarding my town, but I do feel it could fit into the game, eitehr way I'm fine.

On a sidenote regarding duels; they may be intended to be a personal matter, but we handle it a s a town matter. If anyone goes after someone in a town, the town sends duelers and soldiers to retaliate. Atleast that is my experience in both my towns.

DeletedUser1105

Ok, I'll take out the town members bit and put a new thread. Could a mod close this one please?

DeletedUser

People who are not residents of the town would be mercenaries that have offered their services, yes, but who the hell wants some random person they don't know to guard their town?

It can be abused, Attack 1 creates level 1 character, sets character to guard enemy town.
Attacker 1 then attacks the town as his/her level 1 character would not be able to intercept.

Theres guarding your own town as though you're police.
Then theres being an unwanted vigilante.
gah...

DeletedUser

but as many people as possible can join a town. so your arguement is moot.

DeletedUser

right...selfless or selfish non-residents dont want flooding my town, thanks.

DeletedUser

In Your scenario Madkill , You assume there is no other "Guard" .
So the "attacker 1" just help stop other "Duelers" from attacking Your town .

DeletedUser

bleh i said join i meant guard. sorry for the confusion. the point is more than one person can pick corn at the same location, more than one person can guard a town.

DeletedUser

Let's clarify this once and for all; There can be multiple guards, no upper limit AND standard duel rules apply.

If you avoid Guard 1; you must still check and see if you avoided guard 2, etc.

DeletedUser

What about if 2 guys target the guard and the 3rd guy comes thru and attacks the worker??? does that make a difference in defender/patrols? I think the patrol or wahtever should be paid by the townspeople if they hire him, in turn, he must stay at town post for $50 in total (for every 8 hours), and it comes out of each townmember's pockets, so if there are 10 townspeople, discluding guard(s), then each person would pay $5 ea. per 8 hour-shift the patrol(s) stays in-town to guard. He can also specifically guard the town leader(s) or councilor(s) as a bodyguard, so if the town founder travels, he automatically follows town founder, and dueler(s) that intercepts would have to go thru bodyguard, and town founder pays him on a salary for $10 per 8 hours with bonus every time bodyguards fends him off. No more than 1 body guard for each person/worker, and 3 patrols for a town. That's pretty even and fair, even when you consider that someone could have multiple accounts, because of the maximum amount of patrols or bodyguard.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

we have already brought this to a vote we have worked out a strong supportive summary of how it should work. the devs will of course take this info and if they decide to implements it they will adjust it as necesarry. and your idea is way too complicated.

DeletedUser

oh and also both people, the guardant and the bodyguard must also agree, because a snitchy noob might stealthily take up the bodyguard spot even though the guardant was still choosing

DeletedUser

Being the "Guard Town" job is already up for a vote on the "Development Discussions" thread .
If Your so keen on this " bodyguard" concept , start a new thread .
It has the possibility of being a good idea , it's just to much of a change to the idea currently being voted on .

DeletedUser

I think it is very much safe for a mod to close this down, as it has no real value now that the idea has been streamlined and moved on to voting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The only reason I didn't suggest that earlier was in a vain hope to keep debate off the "development" thread .