Passed Guard Job Proposal

• Thread starter DeletedUser1105
  • Start date

Do you wish the guarding job was added to the game.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

That is fair enough. i guess what i'm saying is that there are a number of competing ideas for game changes that can't all be implemented.
From the ideas that address the whole 'collective impotence in the face of duelling' business i prefer the bounties idea, which hasn't been voted on yet. So going full steam ahead on this idea at the expense of what may be a better solution, may indeed be a more popular solution is not necessarily the best thing.
Just pointing it out before we waste the devs valuable time. I mean their time is strictly limited to looking at one summarised suggestion every 4 months so we don't want to overburden their feeble brains with too much detail.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of a bounty a lot better... being able to pay money to get back at people sounds like a good deal...

Maybe if an individual worker could actually PAY for the defenses of a better dueler... That might be more fair... but see, when it gets into lvls and who can defend you against what, all this is really just useless...

DeletedUser

I'm a duelist & one of the hated players that beats up on weak players, looking for some cash. The "guard" is a good idea. They need some protection, and we need to have some risk involved with dueling.

The chance to intercept should be on an "S" curve, and never reach 100%. Perhaps between 30% & 70%. The hiding skill for duelists to evade a guard is a nice feature. However, mobility based duelits will have hiding already at a high level. Offering a 5% reduction per point would render the guard useless against a level 40 mobility-duelist.

I disagree with using skill points both for the job and for the duel. That's an unneeded double-hit. Pick one.

As a premium player, I always head straight to bed after working my jobs, so I'm out in the field for 6 hours max, not 8.

The problem I see is that the Guard is going to get clobbered every time. He may intercept 3 top duelists in a 2-hour span. Then he'll be out for 2 days.

DeletedUser

It's up to them to have more than one guard them, we can't make it completely risk free for the defenders. Also they set the amount of time they want to do the job so it's their choice.

DeletedUser1105

Nobody forces someone to guard the town. It's the risk you run.

It's like joining the army. They don't guarentee you won't be shot in the face.

DeletedUser

This proposal has been accepted and is currently scheduled to be in version 1.16.

DeletedUser

woot-woo!!!
see? our ideas do have an effect!
The devs do listen to us!
I'm so happy I could cry!

DeletedUser

Sorry guys.. it seems the developers made the mistake of accepting the wrong issue on our internal tracker. The actual feature implemented was the "Clarify what you're doing" one.

DeletedUser1105

Nothing like raising people hopes and then dashing them. Luckily, I read the new posts from the bottom up, so it wasn't so bad :)

DeletedUser

You got off easy then.

This better not be a prelude of things to come.

DeletedUser

Sorry guys.. it seems the developers made the mistake of accepting the wrong issue on our internal tracker. The actual feature implemented was the "Clarify what you're doing" one.
thanks for letting us know.

DeletedUser

I actually like that one more, personally. :bandit:

Nothing against this one, though. I'd be happy to see it, too.

DeletedUser5046

THE POLL IS CLOSED...

gee does tat mean tis was implemented already?

Status
Not open for further replies.