gringo

Alduin

its become soo common so i am here to ask for something, why not putting gringo weapons on merchants ?it lost its importance because giving 10 sets every speed server ? man fort fights become extremely cringe, unions come hitting 1800 gringo boosted people come hitting 1400. where is the fun of dying in 5 rounds ?

Beefmeister

actually, i think the gringo thing is not that bad altogether for the current state of the game...only if it wasn't suitable for defense as well

like for attack, it makes attacks winnable.

but then if they somehow change the tower bonuses those sets will become just as op (or even worse) than union.
today's fort fight on colorado there were 3-4 players with gringo on wall and they managed to stay alive for lots of rounds...if the lead is good attacks have a decent chance of winning which is not necessarily a bad thing...but then when you switch to defense those sets make a big difference if every sector has one.

also, when one side has more sets it becomes a bit obvious that side is better

i'd be selfish to say that i didn't like the effect gringo had on my damage as a non-union user, and if more people get it it's a bit bad.

if i was designing this game i'd release a few sets for the next coming tombolas to close the gap between the op sets (it's not easy but doable with the right knowledge and testing) and just put both of the sets on sale...unfortunately it's not possible with the current people responsible for the game

Last edited by a moderator:

WhyN0t

actually, i think the gringo thing is not that bad altogether for the current state of the game...only if it wasn't suitable for defense as well

like for attack, it makes attacks winnable.

but then if they somehow change the tower bonuses those sets will become just as op (or even worse) than union.
today's fort fight on colorado there were 3-4 players with gringo on wall and they managed to stay alive for lots of rounds...if the lead is good attacks have a decent chance of winning which is not necessarily a bad thing...but then when you switch to defense those sets make a big difference if every sector has one.

also, when one side has more sets it becomes a bit obvious that side is better

i'd be selfish to say that i didn't like the effect gringo had on my damage as a non-union user, and if more people get it it's a bit bad.

if i was designing this game i'd release a few sets for the next coming tombolas to close the gap between the op sets (it's not easy but doable with the right knowledge and testing) and just put both of the sets on sale...unfortunately it's not possible with the current people responsible for the game
Gringo weapons are not that strong for their health/defense/resistance, but for the sector damage. Most people don't play correctly.150 sector damage from 2 items is huge. Duellers on defense have only 45 sector damage from murrieta's horse+saddle and some have a bit more from murrieta clothes (which are not that great when it comes to attack) or from chef's stuff/knives, but this weapons is also weak when it comes to attack and leadership, and overall, way weaker than gringo's weapons. You can have 290 sector damage with gringo weapons, while still have good attack/defense and decent hp and resistance. You can fill a large sector with active players and give each one of them 290 extra damage (almost double for duellers).

Beefmeister

Gringo weapons are not that strong for their health/defense/resistance, but for the sector damage. Most people don't play correctly.150 sector damage from 2 items is huge. Duellers on defense have only 45 sector damage from murrieta's horse+saddle and some have a bit more from murrieta clothes (which are not that great when it comes to attack) or from chef's stuff/knives, but this weapons is also weak when it comes to attack and leadership, and overall, way weaker than gringo's weapons. You can have 290 sector damage with gringo weapons, while still have good attack/defense and decent hp and resistance. You can fill a large sector with active players and give each one of them 290 extra damage (almost double for duellers).
i agree with you on most of the stuff you wrote here but they are definitely strong as hell in the health/defense/resistance branch too...~480 resistance with the right combo :lol:

also, i didnt get your point with almost double for duelers at the end, since the way it works is just getting the highest sector damage available in the sector
maybe i'm missing something

when people were using the combo you mentioned i managed to hit ~1.9k as a non union user...normal hit :)

Last edited:

WhyN0t

Lets say you have 0 sector damage. Ron's clothes and horse+saddle and mosey's weapons. You deal ~1250 damage per hit before resistance. When you are with someone with gringo combo on the sector you will get 290 sector damage bonus. This means 290 extra flat damage and some extra leadership damage. This is dependent on the value of the leadership, but if you have enough it is possible to have 290 extra damage, so the sector damage doubles in the case of duelists. So you will deal around 1800 damage per hit before mitigation. 1600 against someone with cortina and 1400 against someone with cortina and spirits set.
Gringo weapons have phenomenal stats, but health is not that great. Cortina's weapons have almost double HP. You lose many skills, especially offensive skills (like aiming, flat attack etc.) and a lot of hiding, but you have more hp. I'm not saying cortina is better, but my point was about the hp.

Beefmeister

ah...right...but the extra bonus afaik is not doubled only for duelers but for all characters...it's a double just in wep damage though. at least that's what the calculator says. i haven't played any other char than dueler so i don't know. i'd have to check the formula which I'm not really feeling like right now but since advents can hit over 1.8k+ i tend to believe it's how i said

and yeah, you lose hp but what you gain is much more important...and i posted what set i would probably have as a tank...most people don't make those weapons level 3, let's be real. in attack gringo is insane and in defense it's closer but just better

Screenshot_48.png

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
ah...right...but the extra bonus afaik is not doubled only for duelers but for all characters...it's a double just in wep damage though. at least that's what the calculator says. i haven't played any other char than dueler so i don't know. i'd have to check the formula which I'm not really feeling like right now but since advents can hit over 1.8k+ i tend to believe it's how i said

it's not "doubled", it's "subject to the damage multiplier"

WhyN0t

and yeah, you lose hp but what you gain is much more important...and i posted what set i would probably have as a tank...most people don't make those weapons level 3, let's be real. in attack gringo is insane and in defense it's closer but just better

View attachment 3087
Those extra skills don't matter that much, because of the diminishing returns. HP don't have diminishing returns (unless you get crits from duellers). But yes, i agree, gringo is sligthly better than cortina even for defense and much better for attack. You also get a lot of sector damage and attack, which is ok even for a tank. Cortina+spirits+gringo is still the best set for attack, you have enough hiding from spirits and gringo and get a lot of hp and resistance from cortina. Caraibean clothing set with spirits and cortina is also pretty good on attack, you get some extra hiding, but lose leadership and a bit of resistance.

When i said you get double damage as dueller i was referring to damagers in general, not necesarry duelists.

Weapon Damage + Sector Damage + [(Weapon Damage + Sector Damage) × Leadership ÷ MaxHP]

This is the formula.

Look.
500 (weapon damage + buffs) + 0 (sector damage) + [(500+0) x 2000 (leadership) ÷ 1590 (MaxHP)] = 500 damage from weapon +buff and 629 damage from leadership = 1129 final damage before resistance.

And here is the damage with 290 sector damage from gringo combo:
500 (weapon damage + buffs) + 290 (sector damage) + [(500+290) x 2000 ÷ 1590] = 790 damage from weapon + 994 damage from leadership = 1784 final damage before resistance. The difference is not only 290, it's actually double (even higher in this particular case): 655 damage difference per hit. And this is only for a single player. Imagine a full sector. Yes, some of them may have 45 sector damage from murrieta horse+saddle and the damage difference will be slightly lower, but it's still a huge difference.

NikosGr1

*Ready to insta-buy El Gringo Set (and specially the Weapons!!!) with nuggets!
Nuggets loaded and finger ready up from the left mouse button for the clicks needed to shoot . . eeehmm .. buy the whole Set!!!
every body will "buy (shoot?) faster than his shadow" when it will become available for purchase ;)