Greetings, newer player here :D

DeletedUser

Hello. I'm a new player to the game, I chose Arizona because it was the newest world and said it used a new rule set - tho I did since make a character on server 1 too, and may do one more (I'd like it to be on a server like Arizona tho, so I may wait until another server like it comes out, if one does).

I truly don't know what people feel is needed for towns, but the truth is I like adventuring more than fighting people and with the descriptions it gives, I wanted to become an Adventurer so that is what I did (tho strangely enough, my character I made on world 1 so far finds at least as much money and items as I do as an Adventurer which kind of almost makes me feel like I could have picked a different class).

Anyway I like how my character looks (the squaw), I still like that I'm an adventurer for now, but are they the least needed people for towns? I almost want to be a wanderer without a town, I haven't really decided yet.

DeletedUser22685

They are needed in towns for money. They can also make good duelers, and many adventurers respec to be duelers later on.

DeletedUser

Shopping items aside, I personally recommend you to choose town with well description as it tends to have people you can hang around and chat with. Another fun factor you would miss out if you are simply a wanderer.

On the other hand, as a wanderer you do not have to worry about being duelled and robbed. So the decision is up to you, might as well join some town and see if you like them, otherwise, drifting from places to places like a true adventurer. :indian:

DeletedUser

Mewmew, go townless only if you don't want to be dueled. Because while in the town, the banking fee is lower, and the hotel level 5 if free to use.

DeletedUser

I'm copying this from a totally different type of game. In order of preference, you normally want.

1 : Top quality town with top leaders.
2 : No town.
3 : Mediocre town with poor leaders.

_ _

Of course for those who don't wish to get much into town affairs, maybe they'd prefer

1 : No town (especially if they're not dueling & prefer questing).

Because while in the town, the banking fee is lower
Is there still a bank fee in your home town (if you have one)?

PS : Sorry for the hijack

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

AW there is a bank fee and it depends on the level of the bank,the smallest fee is like 4%, for outsiders it's always 20%. Not that it matters much anyways as usually townless players will bank during shopping trips unless they want to duel a tough quest npc and dot want to take the chance of loosing their cash.

@OP:if it's a 1st world ,a town is recommended,1st to get the flavor of the game and second to chat and learn more about the game and get some help with builds/quests ect..

Pick a lively town though where people chat now and then.

DeletedUser

Is there still a bank fee in your home town (if you have one)?
I have one and yes there is and yes it will exist for all classes except workers till the end of the world. Or till an update that will remove the 3% fee for all classes except workers.

DeletedUser

I'm going to wander for just a bit more since I'm still pretty low level, learn a little more. I just didn't feel as if adventurer was helping a lot, but I see a few things that are like 2% to find, so the extra 10 percent will help there if looking for certain items.

I'm going ahead and testing stuff on other servers now a little more, but I like the speed up on Arizona and it doesn't bother me that people can buy stats that much.

I want to wander around doing quests and stuff. I'm guessing after doing that long enough I will get to the point where I will want to join up with a town. I just didn't know if people felt that Adventurers were not that useful in towns really on Arizona (I glanced over a post where someone said that too somewhere around here).

DeletedUser

I just didn't know if people felt that Adventurers were not that useful in towns really on Arizona (I glanced over a post where someone said that too somewhere around here).
What do you mean exactly? That adventurers are useless?
Who told you that? Probably those players who never played as adventurer.
Forget what they're saying. Adventurers get more money than any other class just because of the +10% on item finding, I bet I earn just by selling items I find 1500$-2000$ daily. Items, not products. There is no town on this world that would refuse a member who brings the money in the town treasury.
And products? Hell, I'll be able to provide the fort with some items before any other classes could. ;)
And read up what futurama said. Later, adventurers can respec easily into duelists or fort fighters or if they want, they can become even builders, why not? It all depends on the needs of your town. How's that possible that you can respec easier than other classes? You have the money. ;)

And no, you can't beat other classes in their bonuses. But never think that an adventurer is not needed in a town.