Greetings from a Wandering Level 22 Adventurer

DeletedUser

I am also learning to be a field cook and have been invited to join a town. Is it better for me to remain townless while I learn, or would it be more beneficial to join a town? If I join a town I could be dueled and robbed if I am not present to play, and if I understand the rules correctly, as long as I remain townless I cannot be dueled. My choice is to learn what it takes to be a field cook and gather products and fulfill quests without being robbed of my money and products if I am unable to check in. What benefits would I get for being in a town if I can't check on my progress regularly?

WanderingStranger

Benefits.... The cost in shops would be reduced by 75% (you can always join a town just to shop for a while or ask someone to put the item on the market), Added interaction increases the appeal of the game, The ability to ask questions if you join a town with experienced players (better than using the normal chats given), POSSIBLY Access to forums with useful info on different aspects of the game and where you can also ask questions.

I prefer a town. For you I recommend a town in the SW somewhere , 15-20 people, and a larger alliance(more access to people).

If you choose not to join a town long term than I recommend asking questions here. There is another forum called Questions & Guides where you should ask anything specific or where you can search for your own answers.

If you get too desperate you can try whispering me in game. I am on a large portion of the day and if I am able to help I will.

DeletedUser

My choice is to learn what it takes to be a field cook and gather products and fulfill quests without being robbed of my money and products if I am unable to check in.

Dueling only costs you cash, nothing else, one-third per duel, all of it if you're KOed. The benefits of being in a town are primarily social, though the free hotel can make a big difference at low levels. Social isn't just chat and forums, it's also about cooperation with old or extra gear and products for quests, though extra products will be much rarer on a new world.

Having a town also means being able to participate in fort battles, but I'm not sure how they are on Dakota so far, or how much room they have for lower levels who aren't specced as fort fighters.

WanderingStranger

Having a town also means being able to participate in fort battles, but I'm not sure how they are on Dakota so far, or how much room they have for lower levels who aren't specced as fort fighters.

Fairly horrible and it depends. Mediums should always have plenty of room but smalls vary a lot.