Greenhorn speed bonus

Harsha..

As some of you know, the greenhorns have a +2300% speed bonus.

The problem is that this bonus is not effective - my lvl 120 greenhorn is as fast as my other characters.

Does the bonus get disabled after you cross lvl 10?

Harsha..

that isn't fair. greenhorns are as much a character class as any other.

In the current scenario, moving fast - to duel, to go to a FF. to work is quite good and is equal to the other character bonuses. The bonus could have been halved and it wont be harming anyone

DeletedUser

Not true and never was. Greenhorn is a NON-class before you've chosen a REAL class.

And by the way, greenhorn is not even a class as well just because from 2.04 you MUST choose a class at Level 10. Besides, the buff is not synced with a class. It has time, like 6 hours. Besides, greenhorn has only one bonus - XP increase (IIRC). Is it that "classy"?

Harsha..

Not true and never was. Greenhorn is a NON-class before you've chosen a REAL class.

It's complicated, but i beg to disagree. In a school, there are classes - pre-school to 12th class. A young boy joins - he is not called a "class-less student", but a pre-schooler. If he refuses to choose his subjects after 10th, he isn't called a "NON class", but simply a student stuck in 10th.

It doesn't make sense, but i cannot be bothered to choose a class only to regret it later

Never heard of it, perax. How much is this XP bonus?

DeletedUser

It's complicated, but i beg to disagree. In a school, there are classes - pre-school to 12th class. A young boy joins - he is not called a "class-less student", but a pre-schooler. If he refuses to choose his subjects after 10th, he isn't called a "NON class", but simply a student stuck in 10th.

It doesn't make sense, but i cannot be bothered to choose a class only to regret it later

This isn't school, this is a game. You might as well make the analogy that schools should be segregated by race or caste because fish only school with their own kind. I repeat, Greenhorn is not a class, it's a non-class. It's the absence of a class. Your reasons for not choosing a class don't support your argument. You shouldn't be rewarded for being scared to take a chance because you might regret it.

Harsha..

okay, greenhorn is a non-class by definition

Not exactly, i'm not scared of making a choice - i have four other characters all with classes. The complications of the classes are annoying and it seems to give me a greater sense of freedom to stay a greenhorn. I may choose a soldier, and be happy with it - then later, i will wish that i became a dueller and so on.

DeletedUser22685

You stayed a greenhorn until level 120 so you could have freedom? I didn't realise having no bonuses could make you feel free. If you stayed a greenhorn until 120 you obviously have no intention of ever picking a class.

Harsha..

Things change - you saw the way the soldier bonus was nerfed. Then, duellers got these awesome advantages - criticals and duelling ranges. Sometime in the future things will change again. There are some advantages i would like to have which could be added in the future. When that happens, i'll choose a class

DeletedUser22685

Based on that logic you'll be waiting forever as there'll always be something better that may come along.

Harsha..

true, through i haven't faced any problems on account of not having a character class. My greenhorn doesn't duel or do FFs, but works. - for money.

So, if the devs decide to put in some advantage to the worker class, something which allows them to get slightly more money while working - then i'll choose that class. Remember, how we thought the duelling class was the most useless one? - the devs changed all that, now its the turn of the workers. After that the adventurers will go to the devs with their begging hats out. The only thing which matters is the nature of the bonuses

DeletedUser

And by the way, greenhorn is not even a class as well just because from 2.04 you MUST choose a class at Level 10. Besides, the buff is not synced with a class. It has time, like 6 hours. Besides, greenhorn has only one bonus - XP increase (IIRC). Is it that "classy"?

It has been changed(again). Now at level 10 a pop up comes up about the new classes and asks the player to choose the class, but its not mandatory and can be deferred for later.

The speed buff is not for 6 hours but limited till level 10, after which it changes to normal speed, although it still keeps showing as 2300% speed in character profile. Obviously a typo.