Golden Gun

Agfob

Howdy

I know we had this issue before, but I just wanted to address it again.

To obtain the golden gun players have to do a difficult quest.
It used to be the best gun in the west, but since named rifles and the update option came out it has lost its standing in the west.

I think its time to change that and make the golden gun one of the best guns in the west again.

Maybe it could be, as some named rifles are, bound to the players level so its damage raises with the level of the player.

Maybe we could make a new quest for level 120+ players where the reward would be a "diamond gun" which has better damage and skills as the golden gun.

I m sure there are other possibilities, please use this space here to come up with ideas how to make the golden gun special again :cool:

much obliged,
Agfob

Last edited:

jarograv

Personally I like the concept of the "diamond gun". Currently it is very easy to obtain the Golden Gun, making it a very decent option for newer/poorer players who can't otherwise obtain a gun that competes with JJ, PSS, Natty, etc. I don't like the idea of just making the GG better since it is so easy to obtain right now with barely any investment into skills required for the 3.key jobs. A Diamond gun would be good since it creates more late game content for players to spend time on. I like the idea of forcing players to reskill to "hunt" for that quest item needed to upgrade to the "diamond gun".

Snr Sarg

Currently it is very easy to obtain the Golden Gun

I like the idea of forcing players to reskill to "hunt" for that quest item needed to upgrade to the "diamond gun".

It's not actually easy though is it, most players need to do a full respec to find the 3rd key, and then respec back again to whatever build they had before.

Isn't it 'easier' (or should I say luckier, or depends on who your friends are) to obtain the later, more powerful, tombola rifles?

I fully support the OP, a gun that you have to work for, rather than one you can be given by a nugget rich mate, should most definitely be one of the best guns to have.

DeletedUser35533

NO. keep the old gun(same for Howdah and all the others)as is but you can add a new quest for "diamond gun". the quest is bit hard given the reward but its optional and like "collections", card rewards it has no real value.I think its fine as is but I would not mind some simplification in the quest.

DeletedUser36559

It's a good concept having a separate gun for the lvl 120s and something you have to work for in order to obtain it but with the release of the upgrade system I've hardly seen anyone deviate away from the upgraded precise single shot rifle if I'm being totally honest. This new diamond gun will be used between lvl 120-139 then the majority will switch to single shot.

Pankreas PorFavor

This new diamond gun will be used between lvl 120-139 then the majority will switch to single shot.

Or it will be the best thing ever. Or it will be complete crap. Or it will be exactly like you said. Or there won't be any diamond gun because Inno will pull the plug on this game. Or something completely different will happen.
How can you be so certain?

In any case, I agree with some of the previous posts. GG is now quite easy to get (I wanted to sell 3. key and someone offered me $20k because it's so easy to get it! I refused, of course. If it's so easy - go get it yourself, I am not trading it for a few resins or jugs of water), and it has lost it's value. But leave it alone. If something new could be introduced, a quest that would require work, maybe even reskill (nugget spenders can pay real money, others can get more involved in activities that will get them bonds like fort battles - a win-win situation for everyone, Inno and the players), that would be a great addition to the game. It just has to be worth it, at least for a while. Of course that it will be obsolete a couple of months later, but we just need something new, more content, not just more of the same old tombola stuff.

But none of this will happen, of course. (I would just love to be proven wrong, but I've heard that Inno did move almost all of it's resources away from this game, so... it's been fun while it lasted. Let's watch it die and remember the good times :))

DeletedUser36192

Why not make the 'diamond gun' something that can actually compete with the Prec shot rifle. Maybe not the exact same damage, but something similar to maybe a level 1 upgraded rifle or 2 as many are going to upgrade their rifles to 3+ but provide it with stats that make it more enticing. Otherwise why would i bother doing the quest/using the wep?

It'd be nice for a quest item to become dominant in the FF field again like Maya's shawl and the Golden Gun used to be.

That said the quest should be ridiculous. Something that forces the higher levels to have to get help from other players somehow: crafting items could certainly be utilised like the last quest released, but maybe require 4 of the new crafts as well as a huge amount of jobs/products, duels as well as possibly having a 'prototype' wep you need to try for maybe 5-10 FFs before someone like henry upgrades that weapon once noticing the weapon isn't as good as it should be so makes some final adjustments.

Agfob

Howdy,

I will take some time this month to come up with a quest suggestion for the "diamond gun".

Stay tuned, more to come soon :)

DeletedUser

I just obtained the golden colt. WHY IS IT ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS? Now I have no intention of going for the golden rifle, as I know that it too will be worthless. Shame on you Innogames.

Pankreas PorFavor

I just obtained the golden colt. WHY IS IT ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS? Now I have no intention of going for the golden rifle, as I know that it too will be worthless. Shame on you Innogames.

the item is more than 5 years old. do you really expect it to still be one of the best items in game? if you enjoy quests - go for it. if you don't, ignore it.
and to be honest - you really didn't know the stats of the item BEFORE you did the quest? information is easily available, if you feel that you wasted your time, you're the only one to blame. InnoGames made many mistakes, but they're not at fault in this case.

DeletedUser36192

I still think that the 'golden' items could have a secondary upgrade to them like proposed, cause at the moment i find it more worthwhile to have 3 keys + the map of keys than to get a golden gun since i get 2 unique items over 1 worthless gun.