Golden Gun

DeletedUser19740

Any one else having a difficult time finding everything for the Golden Gun as i am, 4 months finding the 3rd key now working on the 2nd month of firefighting. how many ppl are in the process of looking for this stuff let me know.:mad: thanks.......

DeletedUser14006

I completed this quest just a few months ago, found the first two parts of the treasure quest (firefighting and charlatan) within a few hours, however it did take me 39 hours on the final part involving treasure hunt.

Seems like a daft question but are you setting to do the job firefighting x4 each time you attempt this?

DeletedUser19740

i am, have even taken it down to 0 motive. now going to around 75%. on the 2.0 is there a luck figure for the job to drop the paper with 3 keys. i have never had this problem on the old west

DeletedUser23201

im at 350+ attempts at fire fighting and still no slip of paper :( probably better off selling the keys and buying a tombola gun at this stage

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripwise

im at 350+ attempts at fire fighting and still no slip of paper :( probably better off selling the keys and buying a tombola gun at this stage

Dont give up, golden gun is the ultimate fort weapon and there is no other that can compare to it!

DeletedUser30224

I stand by Ripwise's comment, exboozer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19740

lol thanks guys i got the 3 key map and have been doing treasure hunting for a while and still looking lol came too far to give up now :p

DeletedUser

Other than Geronimos which is not available to players, I, along side Ripwise, would agree that the GG is the best fort weapon out there. The additional stats it gives, which the natty gun does not, makes up for the lower damage as typically, a higher hit:miss ratio is attained.

DeletedUser15641

I think they should increase some of the GG damage ;)

Or at least add to it due to it being hard enough ;)

DeletedUser

There are more GGs in game than Henry Walker's pocket watches. Does that mean the watch should do even more damage because it was harder to get, with it's requirement of 364 products and it's limited availability?

DeletedUser22685

The watch should be at least remotely useful, that reward was a huge slap in the face for all the work it required.

It wouldn't be such a bad idea to increase the damage of fort guns, as part of a solution to the 55 round HP stand-offs common when forts are actually filled. But that would be all fort guns, not just the GG, as its usefulness is already worth the effort needed to get it.

Ripwise

Golden gun still does best damage and its sector bonuses aint comparable to any other gun so in my opinion its well worth the "hassle" of doing the quest and obtaining it!

DeletedUser19740

i finally got the GG... it took me from November first till April 6 2013 to get it. hope it doesnt take yall that long. i worked every day to get it. not kidding either

Ripwise

Congratulations on getting it and to others good point on sticking positive and trying to get it :D

DeletedUser22685

Congrats,

Imo gg is harder than that watch.

No it's not, you can get the GG at any time of year. Before 2.0 it wasn't hard if you had a dexterity build to begin with, you could do The raid, The art thief and drop the third key with a single build. Now it's harder because travelling merchant is the only viable option.

DeletedUser

Any idea if the part where you equip the map and do treasure hunt still works since the newest patch? I have been doing treasure hunt with the map equipped 90+ times in the last few weeks and still have not got the chest to drop.