Gold Rush last step

DeletedUser35277

There is no 'complete quest' button available for me to finish
the quest. I have completed the 7 hrs sawing wood, and it
is checked green. Cannot complete without the button!
Help!:mad:

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
You probably didn't do it within the 24 hours. Cancel and re-accept the quest, and do it again.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34767

Did you finish this step within 24 hours of accepting it? There should be a green check by this requirement as well as the green check by the 7 hours of sawing wood. That is provided I remember correctly.

Do you have the cancel button? Don't push it. Usually at this point you should have a both a complete and cancel button. Are both missing or just the complete button?

The only weird thing I've had like this with quest is when the text was too long so I had to scroll down the quest description to find the rest of the text.

Hopefully you can get it working. Otherwise you might need to try a support ticket.

DeletedUser35277

yes, I was done in plenty of time. I refreshed, logged out and in, and even went
back to the quest giver. I don't want to have to do 7 hrs all over again!

DeletedUser35277

It's ok, thanks for all your replies :) I had to do it over again.
Growling but did it. So, all is well.

MFRavenhawk

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but the last step in gold rush seems bugged again....and in my case, the final step doesnt even appear. It was there until I finished the part for straightening the rivers, but once I hit the 'complete quest' button, the last part "Poor James" just vanished.

DeletedUser36979

According to beta, it is fixed and will be rolled out with next update... 4 days ago (20.01.16), but like always, they didn't bother fixing it here before it went out... do they even communicate internally at InnoGames?

Why even have beta servers when you just let every bug spill over on the other servers, InnoGames? :huh:

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
A quest starts when it is supposed to start. If an update can't be scheduled between the discovery of a bug and the start date, it starts with a bug and then we try to get the update out as soon as possible.

DeletedUser36559

I managed to do the last part + the repeatable part ( although this was the first time I'm doing the quest), is this a bug?

DeletedUser36098

well I know a few that have done the end bit first and then followed the rest and they worked fine. it is just those doing it the right way that are being stiffed with the last quest disappearing after the river straightening part.

in w11 I have tried the normal way and as that failed I aim to do the last part in colorado before I complete the river straightening part. thus getting the skill point.

I have yet to complete in beta as well so will do that in there as it is not fixed over there yet either.

just to add a point ... I did all the jobs well within the normal 24 hour timing that is required for the quest parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36979

So quest fixed and ready to roll out... yet you failed to roll it out when you had every server down today... great service :no: Guess we have to wait another year with this quest as well

DeletedUser36979

Just because the servers were down doesn't mean it was because of a game update ;)
Well, an update is the only thing that should require a server restart.

When will we get the update? The quest deadline is 30 january, and we already know that InnoGames won't extent just because they screwed up... again...

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
I don't know when it will be fixed, but I'm sure you'll have enough time to complete the quest.

Big John1970

Looking at TW-DB, I was confused at first. I too thought the Poor James quest was missing. As it turned out in my case, it was available right from the start and I did it then, before I did the 'Shiny' quest. Good job I didn't raise a ticket about it. :D

Post-edit: Okay. Mine was repeatable. I did it originally last year, that's why I don't have the Poor James available after doing it in the beginning. But I have heard from 3 friends who ALSO did it in the beginning, but for them it is their first time. They have to do it again. So it looks like - if it is your first time around - the Poor James section of the quest was released too early by mistake and the update must have fixed it, but also made it so that completing it at the beginning has no effect. You will have to do it again. :)

Last edited by a moderator: