Gold and Silver job scripts

DeletedUser

Silver jobs seem to reset randomly..
Sometimes its 3 am, other times 4am etc.. (server time)

I check it almost every morning and its always reset by 7 am, but rarely by 3am

DeletedUser

Silver jobs seem to reset randomly..
Sometimes its 3 am, other times 4am etc.. (server time)

I check it almost every morning and its always reset by 7 am, but rarely by 3am

Always been 2 am for me.

DeletedUser

at 2 am the update starts, on older worlds 11-14 its usually finish in 5 minutes, on colorado and el dorado it might take 10 minutes more, on el dorado it can easily take up to 90 minutes before the update is completed.

you ask why, well work motivation is restored at the same time as the silver ring job update, and on a world like el dorado(this is a guess why it takes longer) there are more actively jobbing people thus more work motivation to restore, thus it takes more time. the reason its done at this bad time for us europeans who wish to queue a nice batch of silver jobs over sleep but can;'t is most likely that they decided to do this update every day when there isn;t to much server load

DeletedUser

I am finding that the gold / silver jobs are now updating between 9 - 10 am server time. Often I will click on a silver job before then and it has the normal drop rate, not increased. I was told this was due to having tw-db script running but it also happens when I have no script running. Has the time changed for the resetting of these jobs?

DeletedUser

Ban all those who abuse illegals to do the jobs foe them, that includes construction companies that think players wearing a Mexican set don't deserve health insurance. LOL

DeletedUser

lol thats the whole point of this huh. just another accuse to put your hands in my pockets, but i ask you what if there are no gold or silver rings for the job i just paid to find? we can use job calcs, clothing calcs, the tw-db site to save time but we cant use a ring script to save time? whats next, banning people or make us pay for the job calc?

Ripwise

lol thats the whole point of this huh. just another accuse to put your hands in my pockets, but i ask you what if there are no gold or silver rings for the job i just paid to find? we can use job calcs, clothing calcs, the tw-db site to save time but we cant use a ring script to save time? whats next, banning people or make us pay for the job calc?

LOL, whats the point in paying for nothing? If you paid for a job to be gold or silver then that job will be gold or silver.

Gold/silver script will never happen and it shouldnt happen. With a little effort you can find gold/silver jobs easy.

DeletedUser

Just a small correction: There is a job calc inside the game that EVERYONE CAN USE FOR FREE!!!

And the rules of the game states that "you cannot use scripts that can make the services of premium".
And tw saves you time on what? i used it many times when there was no clothes calculator inside the game. After that, i just get tw to check the items that are released. I think the last time i saw the quests there is going for 1 year... when i found out that 90% of the people that had more experience than i have didn´t had complete the tutorial.

Deleted User - 1278415

Just a small correction: There is a job calc inside the game that EVERYONE CAN USE FOR FREE!!!

And the rules of the game states that "you cannot use scripts that can make the services of premium".
And tw saves you time on what? i used it many times when there was no clothes calculator inside the game. After that, i just get tw to check the items that are released. I think the last time i saw the quests there is going for 1 year... when i found out that 90% of the people that had more experience than i have didn´t had complete the tutorial.

Well you starting to railroad this off the topic of gold/silv ring jobs by talking just cloth calc.

I honestly would not have a need for TWcalc if I had a speed/construction/fort/dueler/ clothes calc in game. Edit... oh and I use All appearance clothes for some NPC duels.

I would actually like to see a premium for finding gold/silver rings put on the Beta world and then guage how many people use the premium.

DeletedUser33299

Gold or silver job , is it for the entire jobs or only for specific jobs ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

Gold or silver job , is it for the entire jobs or only for specific jobs ?

Yes it is random rings that affects any and all jobs. Typically I find gold rings around jobs around jobs I dont typically want to do say shining shoes, attaching spurs, or harvest potatoes

DeletedUser32363

Time to disable the goldjobs userscript I guess because I don't really want a ban... However you should make this more prominent in the game because I had no clue other than someone telling me and then me researching the topic. Not many people would go that extra step to research the statement.

I guess it would be better if JS had public and private properties/methods you could lock down access to that data via your classes but I assume it doesn't since you haven't.

Anyway it was fun while it lasted but I never used the script because it didn't show the jobs everywhere on the map just in relation to your current location. I hate the clicking to find the jobs in tw-db script however I love how they are plotted on the mini-map.

How would they even know you are using such a script I wonder... It's not like the script sends them data about it being loaded and I doubt that javascript would have access to get a list of all installed userscripts but that might be possible i guess ;) Still wouldn't stop them from cryptically naming the file myscript.user.js and unless you could read the contents wouldn't know exactly what the script did.

I understand the rules and why they are in place but I have to wager that not many people know this is against the rules of the game.

I guess the smartest way to detect the presence of a userscript is to have all of the <script> tags that don't belong to the game sent back to the server for further analysis by automated code or moderators.

Last edited by a moderator: