Gold and Silver job scripts

DeletedUser8627

Howdy!

A friendly reminder, scripts that indicate gold and silver jobs on the map or directs a player to any of these jobs are illegal on .net.

Players caught using such a script will be banned from the game.

While we don't have any posted here on this forum, there are a handful of players that have created such a script but this was not approved by a Community Manager on .net.

Any news regarding this script will be posted once I receive feedback.

Thank you!

DeletedUser26234

Does that include the "memory" on twdb script, or is it only the job finder ?

DeletedUser

well they need to fix the mini map where it works then because its suppose to do that find jobs for you! what good is the boxes at the top of mini map where you check the boxes and it shows nothing unless you find the jobs yourself! if this is how its suppose to work then its useless!!

DeletedUser

well they need to fix the mini map where it works then because its suppose to do that find jobs for you! what good is the boxes at the top of mini map where you check the boxes and it shows nothing unless you find the jobs yourself! if this is how its suppose to work then its useless!!
How exactly does the minimap not work? I've never had any trouble using it to find jobs.

DeletedUser

The mini map shows the jobs that you request it to just fine...but it has an option to "Show" the Gold/Silver jobs which doesn't work to find the jobs...only to point out those locations that you might have already found on your own.

DeletedUser

Oh, he's talking about the script. Well the whole point of this thread is about the illegality of using scripts to automate finding gold and silver jobs, so that should tell you it doesn't work that way. As Paylyn said, it's just for sharing coords so other people can find jobs you found and vice versa.

DeletedUser26234

scripts that indicate gold and silver jobs on the map or directs a player to any of these jobs are illegal on
TWDB script is only a memory, BUT it indicate gold and silver after u spotted em, but acording to datwistas post, that sounds illegal to, just want it to be clear, if its both scripts , or just the new jobfinder one.

1Big Chief

Ban Ban Ban.. and then we are left with NO-ONE on .Net ?
If I had not seen this... how the heck will I know ?
There are very little people that visit this forum

What you should be doing... is have a Mod Forum In-Game.. for news like this & others.. as an Extra
All towns that exist will automatically have it.. better than getting banned huh ?

EDIT: and yes Elmyr... that mini map hardly works... so Yukonjack53 has a point

Last edited:

DeletedUser

There are very little people that visit this forum......

536863482a7a42da98a164b.png
is from the script page and you also get an pop-up warning you that it's banned on most servers...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Again, I've never had any problems with the minimap. How exactly does it hardly work? It still works like the old minimap's dropdown menu, if you preferred it that way, plus you can filter jobs by name or product, and it's not nearly as bad as the old minimap about putting you in the wrong sector. The minimap is one of the things in the game that has been improved, what doesn't work about it?

DeletedUser16928

If you mean that ClothCalc's feature to remember job locations the player has already found is ineffective, I'm afraid that's as much as you can get without breaking the rules...

[SPOIL]
536863482a7a42da98a164b.png
[/SPOIL] is from the script page and you also get an pop-up warning you that it's banned on most servers...
What script is that? Just to make sure, I'd like to mention that's not a part of ClothCalc, as far as I know (and I guess I might know)...

DeletedUser

That´s is not the point... since those things are from TW and not from the game.
If you get a few minutes searching around for 1 jobs that you want and find some silver or gold that you are not going to do that time, they will be show on the minimap. Since it´s ILLEGAL to use a script to open all jobs and register the information, you have a LEGAL way to do it... only takes 30 minutes per day.

@elmyr
There problem is that they only know the game with TW active... most new people never saw the game without tw been active. So they think that everything they see is from the game. (you saw on beta many people crazy because there game stopped to work... and they didn´t even knew they had a user script active)

DeletedUser8627

There are very little people that visit this forum

What you should be doing... is have a Mod Forum In-Game.. for news like this & others.. as an Extra
All towns that exist will automatically have it.. better than getting banned huh ?

If you decide to use scripts and third party sites not developed by Innogames in one of their games, you take the responsibility to research the script and make sure it is actually allowed.

Our responsibility is to make sure that these scripts are within our rules and alright to use. You responsibility is to make sure you don't violate the rules in this regard, those ones you agreed upon when signing up to this game.

DeletedUser

The mini map shows the jobs that you request it to just fine...but it has an option to "Show" the Gold/Silver jobs which doesn't work to find the jobs...only to point out those locations that you might have already found on your own.

Exactly.

1Big Chief

What they said :D

Again, I've never had any problems with the minimap. How exactly does it hardly work? It still works like the old minimap's dropdown menu, if you preferred it that way, plus you can filter jobs by name or product, and it's not nearly as bad as the old minimap about putting you in the wrong sector. The minimap is one of the things in the game that has been improved, what doesn't work about it?
Nope.. the job & search finder are awesome... I was referring to the Gold & Silver finder thats inside the mini map...
I've seen guys complain in chat that it hardly if ever works
It has worked sometimes for me... but I hardly think doing these jobs is worth the effort in travel
If you mean that ClothCalc's feature to remember job locations the player has already found is ineffective, I'm afraid that's as much as you can get without breaking the rules...

What script is that? Just to make sure, I'd like to mention that's not a part of ClothCalc, as far as I know (and I guess I might know)...
Petee.. I think you do an awesome job .. making our west experience better.. many thanks

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think that they want it to work like the illegal script! ie: Find all the jobs for you! That is why it is illegal in the first place!

The mini-map does work as it was intended... If you go over the entire map methodically opening every single job it will "map" all the gold and silver jobs. I am sure that this is not illegal to share info with anyone you wish because you are doing it manually just as everyone else is allowed to do. Unfortunately, you will have to do this on a daily basis in order to have the list updated!

In short, if you manually go through the entire map finding jobs it is perfectly legal and I repeat "manually!"
If you do the same process "automated," then it is ILLEGAL!

Correct me if I am wrong, Elmyr and/or Da Twista!

DeletedUser22685

In short, if you manually go through the entire map finding jobs it is perfectly legal and I repeat "manually!"
If you do the same process "automated," then it is ILLEGAL!

Correct me if I am wrong, Elmyr and/or Da Twista!

Correct, which is why the feature is still a part of TW-DB's script.

DeletedUser

Just a question, i understand the script that finds the gold / silver jobs for you is not allowed on most worlds ... now how do i knows it's not allowed on what world ?

On my other .nl server i play on, it's been asked to mods who said it is allowed ... haven't asked myself so not sure though.

DeletedUser22685

Just a question, i understand the script that finds the gold / silver jobs for you is not allowed on most worlds ... now how do i knows it's not allowed on what world ?

On my other .nl server i play on, it's been asked to mods who said it is allowed ... haven't asked myself so not sure though.

You know by searching or asking on the forum of that server. Here, TW-DB's script that keeps the job sites marked on your map after you have already found them is legal, but any scripts that automatically find them for you are not.