Script GM script for Westinsider and Weststats

DeletedUser

Does it only work with Firefox 3.5? It doesn't seem to be working entirely as intended. I don't know if it would be possible, but what I'd love to see is a TWI link at the top of inventory or just as you have it, but open inventory and then export it with one click.

Click the thumbnail to see the full pic. It was too big to post directly or as an attachment.

I have not seen this bug before, but I recommend the newest Firefox (atm 3.5.3). Are you able to open http://dump.ninjapirat.org/files/westinsider_left.jpg?

DeletedUser

I never upgraded to 3.5 because too many people were having problems, but I haven't heard anything in a while and a lot of people have upgrade, so I guess I might as well.

DeletedUser

The script has now reached well over 1000 downloads, I had no clue it would become that popular when I first wrote it :D

Questions for you users:
Would you guys like me to make a button for westcalc as well?
Should I remove the duel exporter?

DeletedUser

Westinsider not working

Westinsider button does not seem to open anything.
West stats works fine.

DeletedUser

Westinsider button does not seem to open anything.
West stats works fine.

Do you have the newest greasemonkey and firefox? Did you open your inventory, before pressing the button? I have not seen that problem before.

DeletedUser

Do you have the newest greasemonkey and firefox? Did you open your inventory, before pressing the button? I have not seen that problem before.

Funny, it started working again. maybe I was doing something wrong.
Yes, everything was up to the latest version. Thanks.

DeletedUser

Is there a way to fix the duel exporter?
The external page that does it, seems to be down. I'm not sure when it will work again, the dude that has it doesn't seem active anymore. I might just remove the button in the next version.

DeletedUser

Is it me or is it broken ???

I just get gaps where the icons etc used to be........

Many Thanks :D

DeletedUser

Avien
Last Activity: 18-12-2009 01:17 PM

If they don't update regularly, GM scripts tend to get broken. It probably hasn't been updated since he was on forums.

DeletedUser

EDITED:

I decided to clean up my code a bit and publish it on userscripts. Specifically as a modification to Avien's script, since I hope he'll update his own script eventually. But this way you can all use the script with the embedded images without much trouble.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/74678

Changes:
- Replacing the images hosted on ninjapirat.org (which went offline) by re-created images, embedded in the script using the data-URI scheme (images are created by modifying existing images from the game, combining them with external assets). I claim fair use/derivative work on the modifying of the button images from TheWest to embed my variations in this GPL licensed script. If someone disagrees with that, I can be contacted trough http://userscripts.org/users/111132 .
- Disabled the duel exporter since the external script doesn't exist anymore and the game has some duel sharing functionality itself.
- Disabled the Monkey Updater, since I hope the original author will pick up these changes.
- Repositions the menu (left&right) abdorment, so it's attached to the bottom of the menu button bars.
- Modified the link to WestStats to directly open the job calculator:
/Jobs/?type=personal&skill=none&bonus=best&best=equip&itemsetcalc=on
- Slightly changed the way you enter you WestStats user codes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I updated my script (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/74678):

v0.61m2:
- Added a button to westcalc.info, which has a nice job calculator that also recommends outfittings for fort battles. Disabled by default.
- Made some changes in the existing code, removing sections that seemed superfluous. If you notice any problems (specifically with other-language versions of the game), let me know.

Sorry I don't use that handy auto-updater though!

DeletedUser

after installing the script it only added 2 buttons to my screen insider/weststats...the other 2 buttons Export to Weststats and WestCalcare missing.......

DeletedUser

after installing the script it only added 2 buttons to my screen insider/weststats...the other 2 buttons Export to Weststats and WestCalcare missing.......
You need to edit the source to set your weststats export code. And to enable westcalc (something that wasn't a feature in the original) you just need to flip the setting near the top.

I guess I should store this information in some other way, because now you need to edit the source every time the script updates.

Btw, I forgot all about this thread and didn't post an update when I updated the script. So, here the last few changes:

v0.61m4:
- Enabled the automatic language (sub domain) selection for the WestStats button. I hope it works just fine now, since I did modify the original code a bit.
v0.61m3:
- Added my own script auto updater (with that the script is now Firefox (GreaseMonkey required) only).

DeletedUser

where do i need to place the code from westcalc in your script so the button appears........(tumble)

DeletedUser

where do i need to place the code from westcalc in your script so the button appears........(tumble)

Well, for WestCalc you just need to change "var enable_westcalc = false;" to true.

But I assume you mean the code for WestStats. The commented large piece of text should be self-explanatory. But I clarity isn't my strongest point.

Find the commented containing line "var weststats_exportID="
The comment above says how to retrieve your code from weststats.com and to replace the value in that line. Then uncomment the line and you're set.

DeletedUser

ok that worked a treat...

next question how would i go about positioning the Weststat button underneath the westinsider/westcalc button on the left hand side column so they are neatly grouped...

also looking at the westcalc site they offer a notebook script which can be added and run as a bookmark...could another button be made called notebook and then this button be placed on the right hand side of the screen...

the script code for note book is...

javascript:var rs=document.createElement("script"); rs.setAttribute("type","text/javascript"); rs.setAttribute("src","http://www.westcalc.info/notepad/Notepad.js"); document.body.appendChild(rs); void (0);

i dont know how to program Js but would be interested to learn...:)

DeletedUser

Well, it might be a bit weird for the WestStats (and exporter) buttons to be on the right side. But right now the menus on both sides are equally long (when enabling the WestStats exporter and the WestCalc link).

I guess the reason to add the WestInsider link below the Inventory button was that you needed to open the inventory before clicking the TWI button. For the same reason I put the WestCalc button below that.

And I guess TheWest button was first added and the exporter later (the latter of course also requiring the inventory having been opened, but I guess by then the WestStats button was already on the right side.

I think too many people would be confused if these buttons would be repositioned now.

I guess I could create a simple button opening that notebook though. But I don't want to update this script anymore than really necessary. Or I should change the way you can 'configure' it (WestStats export code and script preferences) first.

All the examples how to add a new button are in this userscript though. And I attached an image of a cleared menu button (no icon, no text). I completely forgot what font I used for my buttons, or I might have made a notebook button for you quickly. (You then do need to run the saved png image trough a base64 program/script and then embed the source of that in the script, as I did at the bottom for the four different buttons)

I'm just not really up to fixing the usability issue right now.

Attachments

• thewest-clear.png
    thewest-clear.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 5

DeletedUser

ok..i can understand about the confusion of altering the position of the buttons from right to left and is probably best left as it is...however if you could add the notebook suggestion into the script i feel the advantage of having a notebook would be beneficial to everyone....

if you have not got the time or do not want to enhance the script further then thats fine also.........:unsure: